Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Diveyesh Raveshiya
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Diveyesh RaveshiyaYour feedback matters!
Are you suffering from dry, stretched, itchy or flaky skin? Remember dry skin look older than oily skin, as they show fine lines and wrinkles faster. They also flake, crack and bleed easily. Read on for 10 super easy steps recommended by dermatologists to soothe dry skin
Prevent hot baths and showers which dehydrate skin further. Do these instead for dry skin
- Use warm water
- Don’t shower for more than 5 minutes
- Wash with a gentle and fragrance-free soap
- Don’t apply too much soap so that it whips up a thick lather
- Don’t rub your skin dry with a towel
Post bath routine
- Slather on a rich moisturiser after drying your skin: Moisturisers trap extra moisture in your skin so the right time to use them is immediately after drying yourself with a towel. It’s better to use ointments and creams as these are more effective than lotions. Creams with olive and jojoba oil, Shea butter, lactic acid, urea, hyaluronic acid, dimethicone, glycerin, lanolin, mineral oil, and petrolatum jelly all are good. If the skin on your hand is extra dry and feels stretched then it’s a good idea to carry a non-greasy hand cream with you. Apply it to each washing hands immediately to relieve dry skin.
- Use only unscented skin care products: Shun harsh skin products which strip natural oils from skin like-
- Wear gloves when washing utensils: This will prevent dry skin on hands. All you have to do is wear latex gloves before you start washing clothes and utensils.
- Choose laundry detergent with care: Laundry detergents should be chosen with care as they can irritate skin. Go for detergents labelled “hypoallergenic”.
- Avoid toasting yourself by the fireplace or other heat sources in winters: Remember heat is drying. So limit your time in front of a hot stove or fireplace.
- Use humidifiers to add moisture to indoor air: Use of humidifier will help prevent excessive drying of skin.
- Use milk on skin: Milk is packed with anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that can fight dry and itchy skin. The lactic acid in milk also exfoliates dead skin cells and increases the capacity of your skin to retain moisture.
- Honey: Honey is one of the best natural moisturisers. It comes loaded with antioxidants and antimicrobials.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a skin-hydrating agent par excellence. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties also help soothe dry and itchy skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any results. What should I do?
I have dark patches on my face. What should I do? Earlier I was applying glyceric acid on my face. Should I start glyceric acid again or there is any better solution. please help. There is my sisters wedding next month.
Leucoderma is one of the most common diseases today; we can easily find people around us having “white patches” on different parts of their body, which clearly indicates they are suffering from the disease of Leucoderma. In the beginning these patches can be easily seen on the body parts which are exposed to the sunlight but have the tendency to get enlarged and affect other parts later, if not treated effectively.
Commonest reasons behind the occurrence of these patches are due to the destruction of melanocytes present on the skin which results into de-pigmentation of the skin. Other causes are hormonal imbalances, improper hygiene, health problems, liver dysfunction, ulcers, impurities of blood, stress and it can inherited from generations to generations also.
There are various misconceptions about the disease that non- vegetarians are at higher risk in comparison to vegetarians, but the researches and studies have proved that vegetarians can be at the risk of same nature. It is a known fact that consuming meat (fish) and milk together can bring discoloration on the skin then how does vegetarians can get affected?
Vegetarians are also equally prone to the disease with their odd food combinations like milk and salt, intake of excessive vitamin C, pesticide treated vegetables, consumption of stale fruits and vegetables can deplete digestive enzymes which eventually cause skin lesions.
Ayurveda provides most authentic, effective and promising treatment for the disease without any side effects, it doesn’t even stops white spots from spreading to the other body parts but also enhances the mechanism of pigmentation to recover from the discoloration of the skin.