Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh .Y. PendharkarYour feedback matters!
I have enlarged prostate problem I am also having hair loss for which I consulted a dermatologist. He said that it is normal hair loss and nothing to worry. But I recently read that enlarged prostate can lead to male pattern baldness. So can treatment to both make my hair come back as normal with full density as it was years back? Will this balding occur even if I treat enlarged prostate? Or will the balding stop and the hair lost till now will not come back but there will not be any balding in future? Answer all my questions please.
1.My mother is a case of acute copd how to control n maintain gud health to her by naturally n medical .2 my elder sister is a case of breast cancer stage 3 (carcinoma of breast) 3 chemo n radiations over now she is under tamoxifen 20 mg pl help me in these cases how to control naturally so that it should not reoccur in future. Pl suggest. Thank u.all.
Most of the doctors said exposure to sun can be a cause n moles can get converted to skin cancer .i have lots of moles (till) on face and some on chest. Is it a reason to worry? What should I do .i have taken homeopathic medicine for a long time but there s no improvement. .thuja and calcarea prpeta type medicine thi .it has really made me tensed.
My last period date is Jan 25 and I had sex on feb 5, till yet I didn't got my periods But I felt few cramps in stomach and medium breast pain and it increased bit. I felt as I'm pregnant, I don't know how many weeks I'm pregnant and how to count that. Please let me know how many weeks I'm pregnant. Presently I'm healthy and not using any of medicines. I want to go for abortion Is it good if I use abortion kit? Should I consult any doctor regarding dosage? Or please guide me how to take steps.
Hi I'm a 23 years old girl. Sometimes I feel pain in my breasts and if I squeeze a little amount of grey liquid comes out of it. Is it normal at this age?
A patient having CML, a kind of blood cancer detected a year back and currently having imitanib 400 mg daily. His RT PCR for BCR ABL report says 1.44 % currently which was 100 %> a year back. What's your view on this? How much it should be? What options should I opt for? What's your suggestion?
Are you aware of the link between air pollution and cancer? Air pollution refers to the mixture of several harmful substances, which lead to various serious health hazards on exposure. The primary sources of air pollution are man-made, including fumes from automobiles and the smoke from burning fuels. Desert dust, radon gas, and several other natural sources of air pollution are equally dangerous. Air pollution is classified into outdoor and indoor air pollution. It is highly associated with increased risks of developing cancer. Smoking is considered to be one of the major agents, which pollute the air and increase the chances of cancer to a large extent.
Outdoor air pollution
- Outdoor air pollution is strongly linked with cancer development.
- As every person is exposed to some form of air pollution, it has a more harmful effect on the whole population across the globe as a general threat.
- A certain part of outdoor air pollution referred to as PM 2.5, or solid dust particles, are highly responsible for the development of cancer.
- The chances of cancer increase with the increase in PM 2.5 levels in the air.
Indoor air pollution
- There are several sources of indoor air pollution that are closely associated with an increased risk of cancer.
- The sources include fuels used for heating homes and for cooking, radon, and tobacco smoke.
- Second hand smoke is another harmful indoor air pollutant that causes cancer.
Second hand smoke
- Secondhand smoke increases the risk of cancer development, along with the risk of developing other diseases such as stroke and lung disease.
- A lot of people all over the world get exposed to second hand smoke.
- A lot of deaths occur due to cancer because of second hand smoke exposure which is common every year, all over the globe.
- Radon is a natural radioactive gas, which is associated with increased risks of developing lung cancer.
- It is found at low levels outdoors. It may also build in high concentrations indoors.
- Although radon exposure does not pose a huge threat for cancer, a lot of radon-associated cancers develop due to exposure to radon, along with tobacco smoke.
- This is a flammable liquid having no color and with a sweet odor.
- It is closely associated with the development of leukemia and cancers affecting other cells of the body.
- Cigarette smoking and tobacco smoke are major cancer causing elements that are found in the air commonly. Both of these are quite harmful. It is recommended that you not only quit smoking, but also keep away from passive smoking.