Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dinesh .Y. Pendharkar
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh .Y. PendharkarYour feedback matters!
I'm 29 years old. I have fat balls under my skin. May be they called neurofibroma or a some thing how to get rid of them is surgery the only remedy. Please let me know.
I am 39 year old male. I experience frequent urinary tract infections. Its very painful while urinating. My prostate weight is 18 gms.
The prostate gland is a male reproductive organ at the base of the urinary bladder and urethra is a thin tube that carries urine out of the penis. It runs through the prostate gland. A fluid produced by this gland helps to carry sperms produced by the testes outside during intercourse.
Cause of urinary problems in men
Men experience urinary symptoms either due to inflammation of the prostate gland or prostatitis or symptoms may be the result of a blockage of the passage due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
Symptoms of urinary problems
Urinary symptoms commonly experienced with prostate problems include;
- The need to urinate frequently during the night.
- Urinating more often during the day.
- Urinary urgency is the urge to urinate can be so strong and sudden that one may not reach the toilet in time.
- The urine stream is slow to start.
- Urine dribbling for some time after finishing urination.
- A sensation that the bladder is not fully emptied after urination.
- A lack of force to the urine flow, which makes directing the stream difficult.
- The sensation of needing to go again soon after urinating
- A long course of antibacterial medication (for bacterial prostatitis) is prescribed, because infection is difficult to get rid of, the antibacterial medication will need to be taken for many weeks.
- Medication to improve urine flow and other symptoms (for obstruction caused by an enlarged prostate).
- Surgical procedures (for blockage caused by an enlarged prostate), such as Transurethral Resection of the prostate(TURP), Laser Resection of prostate, Transurethral Incision of the prostate(TUIP).
UroLift: A new method of treatment for men, where medication has not been successful, but their prostates are not so enlarged that they need more invasive surgery. It involves the Transurethral Insertion of staples to separate the lobes of the prostate. It has minimal side effects and preserves ejaculatory and erectile function.
A number of other procedures that have been developed to reduce urinary symptoms.
Medication for urinary problems
Various medications to help ease your urinary problems, including;
- Medications to reduce the tone of the muscles of the urethra and prostate to minimize any obstruction to urine flow caused when these muscles contract.
- Medication to reduce the size of the prostate gland. These drugs work by blocking the action of male hormones produced by the prostate gland.
- Medications to relax the bladder, making unwanted contractions less likely and reducing the symptoms of urgency and frequency of urination.
- Over-the-counter medicine 'Saw Palmetto' (Serenoa repens) is used sometimes. This may help some men, especially if frequent urination at night is a problem. However, recent reviews of the evidence for using Saw Palmetto as a treatment for mild or moderate urinary symptoms did not show any improvement compared to no treatment, in men with BPH.
In simple words, lymphoma is cancer of the lymphatic system. It begins in the infection-fighting cells of the body called the lymphocytes. Lymphocytes can be found in lymph nodes, spleen, thymus gland in the neck, bone marrow and other parts of our bodies.
Lymphoma means that the lymphocytes change and divide recklessly. There are two main types of lymphoma-
- Non-Hodgkin: The most common type of lymphoma.
Non-Hodgkin and Hodgkin lymphoma each affect a different kind of lymphocyte or white blood cell.
There is a different treatment modality for both these different types of lymphomas as the affected cells are different and so is their rate of growth. Even though lymphatic cancer is very common, it’s easily treatable. Timely diagnosis and proper treatment off course are very important. Its causes can be diverse like genetics, a weak immune system, diseases like celiac, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, infections with certain viruses, age over 60 and gender- men are more prone to getting lymphomas.
Symptoms and warning signs
- Swollen glands in the neck, armpit, or groin
- Persistent cough
- Night sweats
- Weight loss
- Shortness of breath
- Stomach pain
The treatment depends on the kind of lymphoma one has and how far the cancer has spread. The treatments for non-Hodgkin lymphoma are-
- Chemotherapy which uses certain drugs to destroy cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy uses high-energy rays to kill cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy uses the body's own immune system to kill cancer cells.
The common treatments for Hodgkin lymphoma are:
- Radiation therapy
Traditional medicine systems like Acupressure and Ayurveda are used as complementary systems to bring relief from the cancer.
- Cupressure is used to drain the lymph nodes affected with lymphoma.
- Triphala, a common Ayurvedic remedy is being investigated to understand its killing effects on lymphoma cells in the body. It has also been seen to ‘regress’ tumours in animal studies. Hence, Triphala is a potent anti-cancer Ayurvedic drug.
Ayurvedic herbal drugs are used to treat the lymphatic system of the patient, so that it produces normal cells. Ayurvedic Panch tikta grut can pacify the lymphatic system whereas other herbs enhance the immune system and reduce inflammation.
- Green tea has also been shown to have phytonutrients called catechins, which have anticancer properties.
- Curcumin extracted from turmeric is also able to kill human lymphoma cells. It also makes chemotherapy and radiotherapy work better against the cancer while protecting normal cells.
- Mistletoe extract is also a powerful immune-modulator.
- Carrots and broccoli also show a number of benefits when included in the diet of someone suffering from cancer.
- Foods rich in beta carotene which means vegetables and fruits of different colours have high antioxidant content which supports healing.
- Chyawan prash is very useful during chemotherapy. One must avoid Sugar.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!