Find numerous Occupational Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dilip Trivedi
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip TrivediYour feedback matters!
I am 40 year old, some time I feel body pain in muscle and some time in joints. When I had gone through reports, I was suffering from low b12, vitamin,
Sometimes, the joint that connects the big toe to the feet may develop an unnatural hump. This condition is known as bunions. Sometimes, it may so happen that the big toe move towards the other toes, pushing the base of the toe outward, leading to the development of bunions. There are ways, by which you treat bunions. Some of them are-
- Medication: Visiting a doctor is the most prudent step to take in case you are suffering from bunions. The inflammation and the swelling that accompany bunions can be initially treated by medicines and pain relievers.
- Heating pad: Heating pad generally treats and manages pain by applying heat on the affected areas. In the case of bunions, heating pad has emerged as an effective way to deal with bunions.
- Ice pack: Working on a principle, which is the very reverse of heating pad, ice packs uses refrigerant gel or cold water to treat injuries.
- Wearing the shoe of the right size: Bunions are generally the result of wearing ill-fitting shoes. Therefore, one of the easiest way to deal with it would probably be wearing the right size.
- Bunion pads: At the initial stages, a bunion can be treated by wearing a bunion pad. This will help to realign the toe that had deviated as well as reduce the ensuing pain.
- Foot exercises: Exercises have always proved to be an efficient way in dealing with various physical deformities, and a bunion is no different. Few foot exercises can work wonders in treating bunions.
- Surgery: This is used in the case of extreme situations. When the condition persists, then the intervention of a surgery becomes important to realign the affected toe.
I have been suffering from back pain for a long tym I m getting only 20 yrs n m a female my height is 147 cm n weight s 73 my whole body s paining wen I touch even in ma hand wot shud I do nowadays head ache s also der on ma left side please help me sir.
Shoulder impingement occurs when there is impingement or change in the position of the tendons or a bursa (fluid filled sac or cavity, which causes friction in the joints) in your shoulder. Repeated overhead exercises or intense physical activity concentrated around your shoulder is a common risk factor for shoulder impingement. The examples of such activity would include playing outdoor sports like tennis, swimming etc. or painting for long hours.
How it may affect your daily life?
Shoulder impingement pain is severe in many cases and may affect your everyday activities. In fact, any activity, which involves your shoulders can cause intense pain. You should consult a doctor or a professional medical facility to get relief from pain as well as to avoid aggravating the injury.
Symptoms of shoulder impingement:
- You will have difficulty in completing tasks which involve your back.
- There may be a weakness in your shoulder muscles.
- Pain associated with overhead use of your arm. Anytime you lift your arm there would be pain and would make many day to day activities difficult.
- Intense injury to the tendons can cause them to tear into two and would result in a rotator cuff injury and would make your arm movements next to impossible.
Diagnosis of shoulder impingement:
Physical exam and review of medical injury previously sustained on some other occasion is the first step of treatment. Your doctor may also diagnose shoulder impingement by X-rays or MRI of shoulder to see changes in the bone that may indicate any injury. Other changes in the normal contour of the bone may also be checked which may help in further diagnosis and treatment.
Treatment of shoulder impingement:
NSAIDs are anti-inflammatory medicines that are commonly prescribed for shoulder impingement syndrome. These are prescribed for two weeks. Shoulder impingement requires a long time to heal and would require regular consultation with your doctor. If the medications fail to provide any relief in a span of maximum two weeks it may compel your doctor to change the course of treatment. Shoulder impingement is a serious injury and requires proper rest for your shoulder as well as patience as it may take quite some time to come back to normal.
Physiotherapy for Impingement:
Physiotherapy is usually the first line of treatment for subacromial impingement (tendonitis, bursitis) of the shoulder; along with anti-inflammatories and analgesia. It is very successful in treating shoulder impingement syndrome. You will work with your physical therapist to devise a treatment plan that is specific to your condition and goals. Your individual treatment program may include:
- Pain Management
- Manual techniques, such as gentle joint movements, soft-tissue massage, and shoulder stretches to get your shoulder moving properly.
- You will learn exercises and stretches to help your shoulder and shoulder blade move properly.
- Strengthening Exercises
- The therapist will teach you the proper posture which is an important part of rehabilitation
When Is Surgery Required?
Recalcitrant cases of shoulder impingement require surgery. If the symptoms do not improve over a period of time with medicines and physio or if it deteriorates patient might need a surgery. The surgery which is done usually is an arthroscopic ( keyhole ) surgery in which the structure causing impingement is debulked and a space is created for the structures to move freely. This surgery usually gives significant pain relief and cure.