Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
My face is somewhat tanned. I used many cosmetics for men, but didn't get good results out of it. Please suggest some tips for this.
I am 25 years boy. In last three or four years come a pimple in my face. Many dark spot and crack are in my face. Please give me any suggestions about this matter.
I have dry skin, skin rashes, cracked skin flaking since 1 to 2 years. And I had treatment by a dermatologist for 5 month, but I don't get any effective results. So now what should I do.
I'm 30 year old woman, my both breasts have pain for 1 year, and also those are differ in sizes. What should I do?
Hey doctor I want to know the symptoms of mumps? What are the precautions to be taken? Would be great if you help me out. Please do it fast.
I am so fat how do I loose my weight and having respiratory problem and skin. Got dark legs.what should I do?
Hello I am 19 years old. My chin colour is black is compared to cheeks and forehead. It is due to razor at early agw. It from 3 4 years. Please give me suggestion that how it will be removed. Thank you.
Sir I Have a Skin Problems and Skin scare on my body so please Give a susion to me for my Good health.
Colored marks, which are present on the skin since birth or develop soon after birth are called birthmarks. They can be of many sizes, colors and shapes. Some of them are present on the surface, while a few of them are raised over the skin surface.
Here are some common types of birthmarks:
- Salmon patches: These birthmarks are most commonly found. They are flat and thin and are mostly present on the back of the neck, the upper lips, eyelids and in some cases, between the eyebrows. They are usually pale pink or reddish in colour and fade within a year. However, those which are on the nape of the neck might stay and become permanent marks.
- Congenital moles: Congenital moles appear at birth. They are usually brown in colour and can be of different sizes. While some moles appear as a single mark, others can appear clustered in groups. The moles which become larger, however, need close observation because there remains a possibility of them becoming cancerous later on in life.
- Cafe-au-lait spots: They are smoother than other types of patches. They are present from birth and may develop more during childhood. Usually, these spots are not found in the neck or shoulders, but rather at the legs or torso. It is generally not a health scare. However, if these spots appear in clusters and occur in the armpits accompanied with freckles, they might be suggestive of neurofibromatosis later in life.
- Mongolian Spots: They are usually present in babies who are born with darker skins. Mongolian spots usually fade by the time the baby has reached school-going age.
- Venous Malformations: These are very rare birthmarks which are formed because of the abnormalities in the veins. These are usually bigger than other birthmarks and need to be treated by a process which is known as 'embolization'. This involves treating the malformation with a solution, thus putting a clog in the blood vessels and shrinking the mark.