Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Dev AnandYour feedback matters!
My wrist joint are swelled when I fell down n my wrist portion has gone black what should I do.Please tell.
Hello I am 35 year old male suffering from pain in right leg ankle last 3 weeks, blood test confirm that there is increase of Uric acid in body. Please advise how to control it. Thanks in advance.
I feel slight uncomfortable in my leg just uper portion of ankle. I doubt some muscle spasm like that
I had low back pain sciatica nerve compression took medicine got pain relief but my right foot and foot finger are slightly numb should I go to work or take rest ?
I am suffering from pain in my lower back whenever I lean on and do something like washing my hands and do some work. Is it normal?
Hi sir, my age is 26, am getting pain in the upper back in between shoulder blades, that to pain is only when I sleeping (I mean pain was activating with my sleep). And pains very rarely in below Brest bone. I had duodenal ulcer, am using course for ulcer from 2 months. Doctor said pain in upper back doesn't belong to ulcer and I need to investigate it with ortho or neurologist. Experience a worse situation without sleep. Hardly just am sleeping only 4 hours that to pain allowing me only to sleep in midnights only. Please give me your suggestion and which doctor should I approach.
I am 19 yrs old and have started getting back pain. I am a engineering student. What should I do? I do not get much time out of my studies.
I've severe pain at the base of my neck. Not able to sit for long at work at the computer or study. The pain is so bad in the morning when I wake up. It's located on the base of my neck. What could be the possible reasons?
Calcium is good for bones but it’s not so good when it displaces on the bone forming the underside of your heel, causing painful heel spurs. The pain caused by heel spurs can be either sharp or dull. It usually worsens after jogging or walking and is acute when people get out of bed in the morning.
Heel spurs may be in the form of small bony protrusions or irregular growths on the heel bone.
These are more often in men and women who are older. But that’s not all, anyone can get a heel spur and athletes especially runners are especially susceptible. When the heel is subjected to constant wear and tear, heel spurs can form.
How do heel spurs develop?
To protect the surrounding heel tissue from damage, cells that specialise in forming bone reach the spot and start depositing calcium. This leads to the formation of a heel spur over a period of months.
Heel spurs are painful, but not always. There are many cases where they go undiagnosed and are only detected by X-ray.
- Lopsided walking leading to excessive strain on the heel bone, ligaments and nerves
- Repeated running, jogging or jumping on hard surfaces
- Wearing poorly fitted shoes that lack appropriate arch support
7 Ways To Get Rid Of heel spurs
- Rest- Avoiding movement of the affected foot is a good way to reduce heel pain and stiffness. Massaging linseed and coconut oil onto the painful heel and then relaxing is even better.
- Baking soda- This is a good home remedy for heel spurs. Baking soda contains crystals that help reduce calcium deposits in the bottom of the heel bone. It also reduces pain and inflammation.
- Icing- Ice packs help reduce heel pain and control inflammation and swelling associated with heel spurs and also relaxes muscles.
- Anti-inflammatory medications- These medications relieve heel pain but they shouldn’t be used for longer periods as they can lead to gastrointestinal problems like leaky gut, bleeding and symptoms of an ulcer.
- Steroid injection- This provides some relief from the pain but if the injection is given wrongly, there can be nerve damage and the symptoms can get worse.
- Cryoultrasound- This is an innovative electro-medical device that uses cryotherapy and ultrasound therapy to treat pain. It reduces pain and spasms and improves blood circulation and cell renewal.
- Surgery- Surgery can be effective but only when it’s done at the right time. It’s also an expensive procedure. Heel spurs can form again after surgery if the patient continues the lifestyle that led to the problem. There are several complications associated with surgery too like nerve damage, infection, permanent numbness etc.
Because of the limitations of conventional therapies, people with heel spurs look for natural remedies for heel pain like using Epsom salts and supplementing with magnesium and vitamin B for nerve and bone formation.
There is alot of pain in my back bone in the end of back bone the pain is more this pain is last from 1 year.
There is so much paint in middle of both feet. Whenever I walk or when I press the middle of foot I feel so much pain ,I don't wear heels facing problem from last 2 months. After sitting for couple of mins when I stood up and walk then also feel dat pain in middle of the foot. Suggest some home remedies.
I'm a 24 years Old male. My height is 5 ft 9 in and I weigh 100 kgs. I work in an IT company. A month back I ran a 5 km marathon. After the marathon I had a severe back pain, but it lasted for only a week. But again from last 2 days I am having similar pains. I wanted to know if this is due to my over weight or can it be anything else?
Sometimes there is a pain in my finger joints and it stays for 1 or 2 days then automatically it goes.
I have sudden pain at the back of the neck. I consult a doctor but I have no improvement. What can I do.
I'm 19 year old indian boy. I'm having pain just below my neck around upper part of my shoulder. I want to know the reason, cause and what is best for it.?
Correct posture is a simple but very important way to keep the many intricate structures in the back and spine healthy. It is much more than cosmetic - good posture and back support are critical to reducing the incidence and levels of back pain and neck pain. Back support is especially important for patients who spend many hours sitting in an office chair or standing throughout the day.
Not maintaining good posture and adequate back support can add strain to muscles and put stress on the spine. Over time, the stress of poor posture can change the anatomical characteristics of the spine, leading to the possibility of constricted blood vessels and nerves, as well as problems with muscles, discs, and joints. All of these can be major contributors to back and neck pain, as well as headaches, fatigue, and possibly even concerns with major organs and breathing.