Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepu
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. DeepuYour feedback matters!
My sleep is not coming properly. Every day I try to sleep early bt sleep come hardly 1 am to 2 am. My office time morning 8 am. So my whole day disturb by this prob. Should I do?
My throat is severely paining since 1 week, I have used many medicines thus there is no result. What should I do.
My mom age is 38. She is diabetic patient. .and diabetes patient can take care carrot juice. Please advice
I twisted my knee twice while playing football. Ten days later I fell off from my scooter and hurt the knee. It got sandwiched between the road and the scooter. X-rays revealed no fractures. It's been about 2 months now. How should I deal with this knee problem? There is still some pain left of the scooter accident.
I feel dizzy vomiting tendency and feel weak feels like going to fall. please advice what should i do ?
My wife taking regestrone tablet from 2nd march 2016 to 21 march 2016 (for 20 days) when my wife get periods.
I am 32 years female with weight 55kgs I feel like something is structuring in my food pipe in cheat region I have migraine also.
I am a govt employee. I have to sit on computer from 10.30 to 5 pm. Every night around 1.30 pm, pain in waist starts. Sleeping in different positions does not help. It remains till waking up. What to do.
When I got seizure doctors did my MRI scan it mentioned that the neurons of my brain were moving very fast so they put me on leveracitam 500, tinep od, gabapentin, and benadon, I feel so weird so I request you to check my profile and my question again .i shall be very thankful to you all doctors.
Am cleaning my teeth daily two times from child hood but my teeth still in yellowish wt should I do for that can you please tell me a suggestions.
Hi doc. I m 20 years old my height is 5'5" I am insecure about my height. Any suggestions what should I eat and drink. Or any medicine.
Dear sir I was having diabetes since 3 years .recently I came to know that. At present my glucose levels are normal. But I am having ED due to diabetes. Please suggest me good treatment/medicine r else .I do not hav option except to die.
While consuming alcohol in small amounts has its health benefits, using alcohol as an escape from daily social and work pressures could lead to harmful effects. Consuming alcohol more than the body can endure can pave the way for devastating health conditions, including permanent damage to the liver.
1. What is alcohol addiction?
When a person becomes so dependent on alcohol that it becomes difficult to function without it, the condition is called alcohol addiction. Untreated alcohol abuse can progress dependences to an addiction to alcohol characterized by physical dependence and/or inability to stop despite serious consequences. Once they begin drinking, alcoholics have little to no control over the amount they consume.
2. Signs and symptoms of alcohol dependence are as follows:
- Significant hangovers and increase in time needed to recover from after-effects of alcohol use.
- Increased amount of alcohol consumed because of increased tolerance; or, decrease in the effects of alcohol use without substantial increases in the amount consumed.
- Reduced attention to personal and professional responsibilities.
- Repeated unsuccessful efforts to reduce alcohol consumption.
- Withdrawal symptoms when unable to consume alcohol.
- Continuing to consume alcohol despite knowing its harmful effects.
3. What are the short-term effects of alcohol addiction?
- The short-term effects of alcohol consumption above a specified level differ from person to person, depending on the age and weight of the person, and whether the alcohol has been taken on an empty or full stomach.
- Though the short-term effects of alcohol are pleasant in the first place, they may lead to poor concentration, diminishing reflexes, lack of coordination and many other conditions which may lead to slowing down of the important activities of the brain.
- It may also lead to emotional and psychological changes, sleep disorders, drowsiness, slurring of speech, nausea and vomiting.
- The short-term effects of alcohol are further amplified when it is consumed along with certain medications.
4. What are the long-term effects of alcohol addiction?
- Daily consumption of alcohol for a prolonged period of time can lead to death of cells in the brain, causing nerve damage, eventually leading to poor mental and physical functions.
- Alcohol addiction causes damage to the liver, and leads to a severe medical condition called cirrhosis, where the liver is required to be transplanted.
- It may also lead to pancreatitis, which is a dangerous inflammation of the pancreas.
- When the body becomes tolerant to high doses of alcohol, consuming alcohol no more leads to short-term effects of alcohol. The condition, commonly referred to as tolerance, may lead to total dependence on alcohol in case of some individuals.
If a person has become addicted to alcohol, he/she would keep on drinking regardless of the mental and physical effects of alcohol. It may also cause relationship troubles, a steady drop in sexual performance, loss of job, and many other devastating outcomes. Therefore, it is crucial to opt for treatment while the situation is under control. Otherwise, it may affect all aspects of a person’s life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.