Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
I am 47 year old man, my diastolic pressure observed since last 5 years is above 90 and sometime observed 106 as well? Now I have started medicines since last 3 months to control and it is about 88, but sometime still observed 95. What could be the reason and how to control? I diagnosed cholesterol in March 2016 9total 189, but triglyceride was 219 instead of limit 150, I am taking Tonact Tg to treat and now it is @128, shall I continue medi to control cholesterol as well?
My husband is suffering from cold and flu. Since 3 days. He is taking paracetamol but he is still not feeling well. Today he is shivering too. Doctor please suggest what should I do. Any home remedy for today. Tomorrow will go to near by clinic. Is this common flu or any thing else.
I had a angioplasty 4 months back can the stents be removed if not can I stop the medicine if im maintaining my health perimeters by regular exercise and keeping my body fit.
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease where the skin cells form a mass of scales. These patches of skin are dry, red and itchy. It is an autoimmune disease which usually occurs on the skin of the back, scalp, palms, knees, elbows and around the fingernails and toenails, but some people have the diseased patches of skin all over the body. The patches may also crack, flake and bleed.
Symptoms of psoriasis:
The symptoms of psoriasis may vary from patient to patient. However, if more than two of the following signs are seen, it is likely that psoriasis is the causative condition:
- Diseased patches of skin can crack, peel and bleed
- A sharp and localized pain in the joints accompanied by stiffness
- Soreness in the throat
- A whitish and silvery mass of scales surrounded by red patches of stinging, itchy skin
- The appearance of blisters or rashes on the dry scaly skin and also along the nails
- Bumps on the folded skin like back of the knees, armpits etc.
- Tiny depressions in the nails or large brown patches under the nails
- Swelling and tenderness of the limbs
- Dental plaque
- Muscle pain due to the swollen bands of connective tissue
The following factors are proven to have contributed to cases of psoriasis:
- HIV - Human immuno-deficiency virus adversely affects the immune system and increases susceptibility of all kinds of infections and diseases. HIV-positive individuals have been found to have an increased risk of psoriasis than HIV-negative people.
- Genetics - More than 32% of the cases of psoriasis have been linked to genes. In case of identical twins, if one twin has the disease, the other has a 70% chance of getting it too. There are several genes associated with the disease and most of these genes are related to the immune system. T cells (lymphocytes which affect cell specific immunity) can also cause psoriasis.
- Medication: Anti-malarial, anti-inflammatory and blood pressure medicines can cause psoriasis as a side effect. The disease is also an effect of withdrawal from topical steroid creams and other steroid-based medication. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.