Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. DeepakYour feedback matters!
Hi, I'm 55 years female from kolkata. I'm a diabetic (take Glycomet GP1 FORTE (GLIMEPIRIDE 1 mg + METFORMIN 1000 mg) twice & 10 iu insulin overnight ,fasting 80, PP 254 measured yesterday) & pancreatic (taking Panlipase 25000 after food thrice every day for last 5 years) patient. For the last 1 year, I'm feeling pain in fingers of both hands and in shoulder joints. Pain is unbearable at times. In afternoon often we see middle fingers of the hands get deformed. Visited a doctor. And he told this is a rheumatic arthritis. He gave Wysolone 10 mg for 45 days followed by wysolone 5 mg for 30 days. HCQ (Hydroxychloroquine) 300 mg, ARAVA (Leflunomide) 20 mg, INJ. Folitrax 20 mg once on sundays. Folvite 5 mg mondays to saturdays. Wysolone is now completely stopped. When I take wysolone there is no pain in fingers. Here is the test reports at a glance, Uric Acid 3.69 (range 2.6-6.0), RF 7.15 (<14), CRP 3.02 (<5) vit D (25 oh D) 36.12 (30 -100. AntiCCP Anti Body 5.61 (<20). CBC, Haemoglobin 11.8 gm/dl (range 12.5 - 15.3), MCHC (Mean corpuscular Hemoglobin concentration) 32.9 (range 33.4-35.5),Total RBC 4.0 million cells/cu mm (range 4.5-5.1), lymphocytes 52% (range 20-40) basophil 00 (range 01-02), ESR 16 (range <30) SGPT 13.8 U/L (range <35, Lipase 32.5 U/L (range 30-300), CRP 1.20 (range <10), amylase 78.2 (range 30 -110) Test was done in SERUM, Kolkata in 15th june 2017. Many doctors are telling me that this is rheumatic arthritis, But after 6 months of taking medicines for the same pain the still there, only fingers does not get deformed in afternoon. Please tell me is the diagnosis is right? Am I on right treatment? Or there is any other problem? Is there any bad action for taking panlipase 25000 for last 5 years? One more question for RA CRP & RF should be positive, but for my case it is negative, so how can it be RA?
I am Amar Holeppagol my age is 22 and I am having eye problem. Knee problem leg pain headaches and I am studying be engg in t John college. Please send me solution to the problem.
Have problem with my right shoulder and it happened while playing volleyball. Now it's been a year and still the pain is there.
I am 32 old facing back pain from last 2 years due to spondilize & also facing digestive problem from last 4 years what should I do to cure with the above problem.
Good morning. My right wrist had a slightly twisted, was not a actual fracture. Had a plaster for 3 weeks however it did not get cured completely. It is not painful unless I twist it forward and backward. Please advise should I go n have a regular meals to fix this. Or should I consult doctor again.
I regularly have pain in my backbone, it is past from more than 8 years now I am around 25 years old. please suggest what can be this?
I have back pain and neck pain since last 2 years but now it is very necessary to do something for it, as I can not stand for a long period it hurts.
I used to run about 3 km. And during running sometimes I feel like pain in my stomach or at my back. And too there used to spit many times. Bcoz there comes a lot of water in my mouth. What should I do.
Bone issues are very common. From infection to inflammation to injuries to mere old age, bone issues are very common. Arthritis can happen with any of these conditions. The healing of this has two aspects one is to heal and reduce the pain and the second is to address the underlying condition. The range of motion needs to be improved, and further damage to the bones should be arrested.
Ayurveda identifies two types of joint problems, one is due to poorly nourished bones, which are prone to damage and the second is the over accumulation of toxins, leading to joint pain and stiffness. This joint pain would be further aggravated by damp weather.
Ayurveda also believes that the overdose of vaata leads to bone issues. So food items aimed at reducing vaata should be included so that balance is restored. There is more than one component to this healing. Food, lifestyle changes, herbs, and exercise manage bone issues, arthritis and the pain. Let’s see how.
- Food: Eating whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as a calcium rich diet is very essential for healing bones. Eat freshly cooked food items and include a lot of dairy products.
- Lifestyle: A regular sleep schedule, which is in sync with the biological clock, is very essential. Also eat at regular intervals with the meals getting lighter as the day goes by. Exercise, even in the form of brisk walk, helps soothe joints and keeps them agile.
- Massages: Oil massages like Abhyanga are very essential to prevent joint problems. They also help in reducing toxins, which are quite high in chronic conditions like arthritis. These oils can be applied directly on the joints too to improve lubrication, movement and reduce pain.
- Go anti ama: There is another component known as ama, which is an equivalent of toxins. The diet and lifestyle should be aimed at reducing ama, which gets accumulated with age in the form of digestive toxins. Eat food products that are easy to digest, consume ama reducing spices like turmeric and pepper, avoid daytime napping and exercise regularly.
In addition, the following herbs are known to be beneficial for bone health.
- Ashwagandha: It has rich anti-inflammatory properties, produces effects equivalent to steroids and helps in controlling joint pain and inflammation. Swelling and movement are also improved with its regular use.
- Boswellia: Combined with Ashwagandha, this is another wonder drug that helps reduce bone inflammation. It suppresses release of chemicals responsible for inflammation and helps control pain and swelling.
- Turmeric: One of the most acclaimed anti-inflammatory agents, it releases multiple enzymes and thereby controls inflammation.
So, for bone pain and arthritis, an NSAID is not the only remedy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.