Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Debabrata DashYour feedback matters!
My mom has bp for long 7 years how can she make in control. Give some tips to make in control and food behaviors for that.
Its been there years my heart felt like pressing and uncomfortable I show it to lot cardio but they say its not a problem with the heart what you suggest.
Hypertension or high blood pressure is common in pregnant women, even in those who have no previous history of high blood pressure. This leads to complications in about 6 to 10% of all pregnancies around the world. High blood pressure may develop before or after conception and as such needs special medical attention.
Hypertension prevents sufficient flow of blood to the placenta and this inhibits the normal growth of the fetus. This could result in low birth weight of the child. However, if diagnosed in time and treated properly, hypertension does not affect the child's health too much. There are various types of hypertension during pregnancies, such as:
- Gestational hypertension: This type of hypertension is developed about 20 weeks after conception. There is no abnormality in urine or any signs of other organ damage (as is common with hypertension during pregnancy) but the condition can worsen and complicate very quickly. Pregnant women below the age of 20 and above the age of 40 are often diagnosed with high levels of blood pressure. Women who have heart or kidney conditions before pregnancy and women carrying more than one child are also likely to develop gestational hypertension.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is high blood pressure which develops around 20 weeks before conception and does not normalize within 12 weeks after childbirth. The patient may also have been suffering from high blood pressure for a long time but the complications appear only during pregnancy because high blood pressure rarely exhibits symptoms without an associated condition.
- Chronic hypertension superimposed with Preeclampsia: Women who have hypertension before pregnancy may develop even higher blood pressure levels during pregnancy. This leads to several health disorders like frequent headaches, fatigue and depression.
- Preeclampsia: Preeclampsia is often a serious complication of gestational pregnancy and affects about 5% to 7% of all pregnancies globally. Gestational pregnancy does not always develop into preeclampsia but it needs to be diagnosed and treated in time to avoid the complication. Women who have conceived for the first time or have a history of hypertension in the family are at a greater risk of preeclampsia. The symptoms of the condition are throbbing headaches, blurred vision, nausea and vomiting, pain in the upper abdominal region and shortness of breath.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have had a coronary by pass some three years ago,i am taking atorvastatin 20 mg daily but my cholesterol levels are unchanged although i excrcise & keep of chlorestrol producing foods.
How can I reduce blood pressure without taking medicine and my blood pressure around 150 what should I do?
Have You Been Told to Reduce Your Salt Intake to Reduce Bp?
Yes, you must have been but you probably have not been told how to reduce salt intake the right way.
The fact is that when we eat too much salt (sodium), our bodies will hold on to more water. This increases the amount of blood flowing through our veins and arteries which increases blood pressure.
So How to Reduce Salt Intake Properly?
- Roughly 80% of the salt we eat is hiding in processed foods like bread, biscuits and breakfast cereals, and prepared ready meals or takeaways. Only 20% comes from the salt we add while cooking or at the table.
- Salt used in daily cooking is a must. It contains sodium which is needed to retain our body's water, enable our cell walls to draw in nutrients and most importantly control our heartbeat . Sodium is needed to maintain BP. So continue using table salt for cooking. Keep the biscuits, maggi and farsans out.
- Skip the salty snacks, baked goodies, and eat out less often.
- Choose to eat more fresh foods more often.
- Use the mineral rich 'kala namak' for one of the meals through the day. It is unprocessed and rich in iodine and also sodium, potassium, and iron.
Some Super Foods to Fight with Hypertension
-Banana alternate days
-Walnut 2 soaked with breakfast
-Spinach beetroot juice once in a day
-Poppy seed water early morning or 1 tsp. poppy seeds.
-Watermelon seeds with salad 1 tsp.
-2 garlic cloves
I am 37, male, fully fit, from indore. 6 months months back I casuallly got my bp checked and came to know that I have high bp (150/95). I did not bother. 2.5 months back, during workout I pulled my chest muscles. Due to pain & family history of heart disease, I went to cardiologist. All investigation were normal, apart from bp 150/100 and mild lv hypertrophy in echo (grade 1.5, mild diastolic disfuntion, 55% efficiency). Doctor told me take regulat bp pills od (telmisartan 40mg+hydrocholorothaizide 12.5 mg). Since then my systolic ranges from 121-140 and diastolic ranges from 80-98. How how long do I need to take pills?
I am suffering from sneezing continuously frequently. To stop it I take montelukast LC tab - half - and will stop in an hour. Again after 2 days again repeated. However I had complete vacation and suddenly it starts. I hav good sleep. I am taking BP tabs one in morning and another 2 tabs in the night. I am aged 70 and reasonably good health. Thanks.
My day who is 60 years has the below in the report: X-RAY CHEST (PA VIEW) Minimal ill- defined opacities noted in bilateral spices. Tiny focal well defined opacity noted in the right mid zone. What do you suggest.
I want to lose my weight and reduce my cholesterol. Brain pain also and breathing problem alsi when runs.
I have a very very big pain in my heart doctor please help me to overcome from thid's pain please help me.
Mere kbhi kbhi chest me (heart k pas) kuch der k liye bhut dard hota h jbki m bhut patla hu. Wht I am do.
What are the steps to follow to prevent the heart attack due to the above causes. I have serum cholesterol 232, how I will control it. SerumLDLc 156 direct homogeneous spectrometer.
Hi, I have pain in right side of chest. Can it be because of gas or acidity as I am suffering from both of them from past few days or is it something to worry more about.
Heart disease or cardiovascular disease is an umbrella term that encompasses a variety of heart related ailments including Angina, coronary artery disease, pulmonary stenosis, irregular heartbeat as well as heart failure and cardiac attacks, among many others. Training the heart to pump blood in a better fashion when one is suffering from such conditions, is the cornerstone of managing cardiovascular ailments. The exercises for this usually revolve around strengthening the heart and its various parts.
Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese form of energy flow exercises that can help patients suffering from heart or cardiovascular diseases. Let us see how.
- Non Vigorous: It is a medically proven fact that non vigorous exercises form an important part of managing the heart in such ailments. This is one of the most important rehabilitation elements for such patients. This kind of exercise usually involves movements like walking and even other mild forms of exercise. Tai Chi is one such form of breathing and motion.
- Muscular Strength: This mind body exercise is a traditional one that can benefit the aerobic capacity of the patient and create a basis for building the muscular strength in the area.
- Hypertension: High blood pressure is one of the most common problems experienced by patients who are suffering from any cardiovascular ailment. With the help of Tai Chi, the systolic and diastolic blood pressure levels have shown marked improvement. This is due to the uptake of oxygen in this resistance based, mild exercise which does not put undue pressure on the heart.
- Diabetes: Diabetes mellitus is another common side effect or even cause of cardiovascular diseases. For many patients, both the ailments go hand in hand. With the help of Tai Chi, the patient can show remarkable improvement in the blood sugar level as well. This also helps in losing some amount of weight even as the Tai Chi practitioners are encouraged to make dietary changes.
- Balance: Tai Chi helps in attaining a certain balance and poise that is required for the constant cleansing of toxins from the body and its various organs. In this way, Tai Chi actually works as a wholesome lifestyle moderator as well.
- Breathing: In Tai Chi, the practitioner is asked to focus on one's breath. This will deeply enhance the way we take and use oxygen within the system, which in turn has a highly beneficial effect as far as heart diseases go. This effect is also known as meditation in motion.
You can also take the package for Improving Heart Health.
Practicing Tai Chi is beneficial for good health and potentially fatal ailments like heart disease. Remember to ask your doctor whether or not you can try out a new form of exercise before you start. If you wish to discuss about any specific cardio or heart problem, you can consult a specilized cardiologist and ask a free question.