Find numerous Anesthesiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Daisy JokhiYour feedback matters!
I am 34 years old. I have pain in right knee and right foot. My calcium serum, d3 and b12 are below normal range. I am hypothyroidism.
Tensor Fasciae Latae Pain. I'm not sure if its Latae pain but I have it since 15 16 years. Not continuously once in while specially in winters. 2 years ago I joined gym and this pain made me crippled. If I talk about today I can feel some stiffness not pain. If I sit bit longer in indian toilet, when I stand up I feel stiffness and little bump in upper thai that goes away in few minutes. I want to join gym again now but afraid being crippled again.
I am having pain in right leg and l4 and l5 problem However I got my reports it says sterilization of l5 with hypoplastic l5-s1 Interverbal disc And L4 l5 level causing compression of thecal sac, bilateral literal canal narrowing nd compression bilateral exiting nerve roots. Can I be safe by some exercises?
Hello doctor.my mother is facing a problem of arthritis. Doctors recommend for knee replacement. She don't want so can you help me.
A three-step plan to relieve pain
1. Always do stretches and back strengthening exercises in the morning before the day's activities tire the back and at night to relax the muscles after a long day!
2. Use a cushion/or a back support when you sit on a chair. Use an ergonomic chair to sit at your desk. Take breaks every hour and walk around even to drink water or for making a cup of green tea! be mobile, but not on the mobile!
3. De-stress. Wellness encompasses mind and body relaxation. So meditate and breathe right. Eat healthy. Sleep well.
Knee pain can be caused due to a variety of reasons as the knees are large joints that are often subjected to heavy loads. The occurrence of knee pain is on the rise, which may be caused due to sports injuries and unilateral load. Osteoarthritis, arthritis, wearing of the patella, inflammation of bone and cartilage are some of the common forms of knee pain. If you had been suffering from knee pain for quite some time, then there is nothing to worry about; Ayurveda has a great solution to alleviate this condition.
The herbal remedies offered by Ayurveda help in improving immunity, providing strength and endurance.
- Massage: Massage therapy can relieve the joint pain by soothing inflammation and improving the circulation. Several health studies indicate that the regular massage has the power to alleviate pain along the affected joint. You can pick up any oil such as coconut, mustard, olive, castor or garlic oil and heat it and apply it with a gentle pressure while massaging.
- Hot and cold compress: Heat therapy can help in increasing blood flow, decreasing pain and relaxing sore muscles and joints whereas cold therapy aids in reducing inflammation and benumbing the area around the affected knee. But before you apply them, you will have to wrap them separately in towels and not apply directly to the skin. The hot compress can be placed for 3 minutes and then immediately replaced with cold compress for about a minute. The entire process can be repeated for about 20 to 30 minutes. But you shouldn’t be using hot compress if the affected area is hot and irritated. Also, do not opt for cold therapy in case you have circulatory issues.
- Fenugreek: Owing to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, fenugreek or Methi is a highly favourable home remedy for knee pain. It is particularly helpful for people suffering from arthritis. So you can swallow a teaspoonful of fine fenugreek seeds’ powder and drink a glass of lukewarm water after that. Follow the process regularly unless you get positive results. You may also soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight and eat them in the morning.
Ayurveda has a solution to all your mental and physical problems, but it is important to note here that the treatment must be administered after evaluating your present health condition and medical history. So speak with an expert today and opt for the home remedy that’s best suited to alleviate your knee pain.
I am suffering from knee pain and spinal cord pain during the period of running, and I don't have so much stamina. How to improve my stamina and how to decrease my pains. Any tablets is there for this, please give me information and tell the tablet names.
I suffer from Subacromial decompression/Supraspinatus tear of left shoulder. I don't want operation. Any medicines to cure this otherwise.
Hi, I am having back pain from 2 weeks going to my legs. What should I do to reduce pain? Please advise.
I am 60 years old. My both the arms are paining. I am not able to lift my right hand from the shoulder level. Not able to touch my top back or rub my back with my right hand. What I have to do ?
Says Dr. Sanjaykapoor, senior consultant orthopedics and joint replacement surgery.
Arthritis affects over 15% approximately 180 million people in india, which is higher than many well known diseases.
While much has been said about high incidence of diabetes, hypertension, cancer and hiv in india, recent studies suggest that osteoarthritis beats them all to claim the no. 1 slot among ailments in the country.
Contrary to the misconception that arthritis only impacts the elderly, this disorder is increasingly found in the younger population.
Age is not a factor for arthritis; it can affect young and old alike. Earlier, arthritis patients would be around 65 years or so, but now the younger lot in the age group of 40-45 yrs which is normally considered to be in their golden years are increasingly turning up for surgery.
Higher levels of stress coupled with modern day lifestyles are increasing incidence of arthritis.
The best way to beating arthritis is by staying active.
The key to arthritis management is finding balance between activities and rest-exercising, as too much may stress sensitive joints, while being too sedentary can cause stiffness and immobility.
Stretching and gentle movements such as yoga are easy on the joints and keep them fluid and supple.
Exercises such as riding a bike, swimming and water aerobics keep the heart healthy and muscles strong while putting too much pressure on the joints.
Low impact exercises allow you to work your muscles without stressing your joints. Stretching often increases muscle tone and can help boost the range of motion of your joints.
Just make sure you warm up your muscles and joints before stretching to avoid aggravating joint pain and strain your muscles. By varying activities and following a well-rounded exercise routine with variety can help to maintain strength and protect your joints. Maintaining a healthy weight can reduce stress on your joints, especially weight bearing joints like your hips and knees.
In addition, this can slow down the wear on your joints during daily activities such as walking.
When you have experienced a joint injury, protecting that joint will lower the chances of developing arthritis later.
By taking care not to injure the joint again, you may also decrease the intensity of symptoms should arthritis develop later. Remember always listen to your body, stop exercising if you experience sharp pain and don't try to work through joint discomfort.
Find activities that are gentle on the body and take them at a comfortable pace.
Lastly but not the least, drinking enough water keeps the cartilage in joints lubricated so bones don't rub up against each other.
By eating foods rich in vitamin c and e and calcium, you'll help build a musculoskeletal system that can outlast degenerative conditions.
Dr. Sanjay kapoor (orthopedics & joint replacement surgeon)