Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. ChandwaniYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 24 year old guy from Kashmir. I have some problem in my nose. Tip of my nose is banded towards right. Now I want to get rhinoplasty of my nose. Is this good or bad for me. please give me suggestion what will be better for me.
I am a 18yrs old male and have sneezy nose for last 5yrs. And it does not remain continues but causes by allergy. What should I do?
I have 102* fever for 2 days. It is attached with loose motion, sore throat and severe body pain. Pls help.
Sir I am 36 years old I am suffering from ear pain in my left ear from last 3 month. I have take many tables for this.
I had snizzing now it is ok but it was terrible I snezzed 40 times in a day water comes from my left nose that problem was 4 monts ago also that time I was pregnant but it was misabortion so I want to know what is this problem and what should I do bcause I have to again plan please tell me.
I am Neha, My age is 27 yrs, since morning m felling dizzy and had a pain in neck. I have low b.p. Also, please suggest me some immediate treatment for that, I would also like to have proper treatment after that.
How to get rid of sinus infections. Is there any ayurvedic medicine. Is pranayam helpful to reduce sinus problems.
I am 46 years old suffers from severe seasonal sinus (OcT- Jan.) taking medication from 15 yrs.(Nose running, eyes burning, sneezing, tasteless tongue n mild fever) can this be permanently cured. Suggest medication.
A nose surgery (rhinoplasty) is performed to alter the structure and shape of your nose and improve its function and or appearance. Here are a few things you should know about nose surgeries:
- Consult your doctor: Before deciding on undergoing a nose surgery, speak with a doctor regarding issues with your nose. Your doctor will check your problems and judge whether or not surgery is a feasible option. It is only with your doctor's confirmation that you should go for the surgery.
- The surgery is done either with local anesthesia (your nose and surrounding areas will be numbed) or general anesthesia (you will fall asleep).
- The surgeon will make incisions in your nostrils and base of the nose and alter the shape, structure and position of the cartilages in your nose for appealing shape and better functionality. Polyp removal is also done by rhinoplasty.
- Recovery after the surgery: You will be required to wear a nose splint. You can expect swelling around the eyes, which will begin to subside after the third day. Swelling in the nose will go away after six months. Therefore, do not expect to see your results immediately, final condition of your nose will be apparent after the recovery period is over. You should avoid strenuous activity for 3 to 6 weeks. Do not smoke or drink alcohol during recovery. Smoking slows recovery time and alcohol reduces normal effects of drugs.
Type of rhinoplasty you can opt for
- Closed rhinoplasty: Incisions are made inside the nostrils and hence there is no scarring.
- Open rhinoplasty: An additional cut is made along the columella and this may result in scarring. However, the position of the scar is such that it is almost unnoticeable.
Risks associated with it
Any surgical procedure has certain risks. These risks associated with nose surgery include:
- Adverse effect to anesthesia
- Unfavorable outcomes
- Visible scarring
- Difficulty breathing
- Chronic nosebleeds
- A perforated septum
- Burst blood vessels
- Nervous damage
- Possibility of revision surgery