Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Hello. Doctor. I completed tenth class. I'm generally weak from childhood. Now I joined in junior inter and I'm weak in studies too and now so many days I didn't went to college for some weeks because of some health problems and I fell back in syllabus and studies and I'm afraid because of that and I'm in fear that education will come to me or not and because of health problems I'm unable to go to college. And now my parents saying that leave this year studies and go to yoga classes for getting well in health and computer certificate course and now the problem is if I waste now a year I'm fearing that what would my relatives and friends and another people will say of that and they will start kidding me and I'm not sure that I can cover the missed classes by hard work and I will be surely get back in class. So please suggest me what to do?
My friend is a struggling director in the film industry, and has no income. He is having severe anxiety and depression disorder. And he's been suppressing it for a year or more. His family is in a horrible shape to support him for doctor's appointments and medicines. Neither do I have anything to help him. It's getting worse day by day. Every night he feels like as though he is going to die. Apart from his family really not being able to afford treatment, they do not understand why it is important to treat this, they don't understand the hell, and the severity of this. But I do as a year ago I had been through the same. What can be done?
I am a 20 year old girl. Its been months I am not able to have proper sleep at night and I have lost my appetite. Dont feel like talking to anyone. My personal life is been a mess since I dont know how many years now. I have no interest in living in this world. I would love to just go n die but just holding on till I can because of my family.
I keep forgetting things very often. When I am told to something, I forget what I was doing previously and I make a lot of silly mistakes. How can I overcome this?
Hi Doctor, My partner gets hyper immediately, reacts immediately, shouts a lot on every little mistake you do. Never talks in soft tone. What should a I do to help, is this normal or I am thinking tooo much.
My hemoglobin is 17.5. I want to reduce this , can you help me . I mean please recommend me diets , I'm smoker & drink alcohol 3-4 days a week.
I have never done sex. I am involved in masturbation for last 3-4 years only, before that, you have not done. Now a days, I used to lie down on bed facing down, and rubbing my dick with the bed, while watching porn. Is it good for me or not? Should I Stop masturbating now? I'm planning to get married next year, what things should I need to do before marriage to have healthy sex life ahead? I used to discharge quickly while masturbating and nowadays, I'm feeling weakness in my whole body. I'm afraid in talking to girls or ask them out, I'm tall, though my physique is not good, I'm thin. Please help.
I am 29 years old male I am suffering from depression and GAD since 07 years and my nature is socially shy person, though I got treatment for already 02 years the medication I got were little bit helpful but I unable to concentrate, frequent forgetness, distraction,unable to remember, unclear and foggy mind due to this I unable to think clear thought always disturbed. I can't do the daily works. Could you please suggest me to get rid out.
Dear sir my habit smoking but I am having asthma problem please help me avoid smoking habit how can I do that sir.
Schizophrenia is a psychiatric disorder in which a person’s mood, knowledge, thought and several other characteristics gets disturbed. We can notice most of the adults and old people with few symptoms of schizophrenia, which are most commonly left unidentified. The exact cause of schizophrenia is not yet known. The person feels that they are being constantly watched, they feel the presence of someone or something, which is not actually there. They are always suspicious and think that other people are gossiping and thinking about them.
Possible causes of Schizophrenia
Though the exact cause of schizophrenia is not known there are few factors, which contribute to the cause of schizophrenia.
- Genetic factors: People with a family history of schizophrenia are at higher risk of getting schizophrenia.
- Environmental factors: Environmental factors include excessive stress during pregnancy or later stages of life. Several other factors during pregnancy and childhood are responsible for causing schizophrenia. These factors are:
- Decreased oxygen level during delivery due to premature birth or prolonged labour
- Parental loss or separation in early stages of life
- Parental exposure to virus or during infancy
- Childhood physical or sexual abuse
- Abnormal brain structures and brain chemistry
Sings and symptoms of schizophrenia
- Hallucination: To see, feel or hear anything that really does not exist is known as hallucination.
- Delusion: A thought or belief of a person, which is either false or impossible in reality is known as delusion.
- Thought and speech disturbances: The thought process and speech of a schizophrenic will be disorganized, due to which he or she will fumble or is distracted as they are unable to align their thoughts.
- Difficulty in concentrating: It is difficult for people suffering from schizophrenia to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Erratic behaviour: People suffering from schizophrenia tend to behave erratically, either they will be too jumpy or will be perfectly still for hours at a stretch. Most people belief that those who are suffering from schizophrenia are often violent in nature, which actually is not the case.
Treatment for schizophrenia
Schizophrenia can be treated, if identified at an early stage. It is best advised to consult a psychiatrist the moment you spot the symptoms. Anti psychotic drugs, self help behaviour change, counselling and rehabilitation are few treatment modalities available for schizophrenia.