Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bindu Gohil-mulekar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Bindu Gohil-mulekarYour feedback matters!
Proper diet and nutrition is very important specially when you are working out. Without proper diet you will not gain muscles and all your exercise will ends in cramps and lean body.
I am giving you a schedule which if followed can be very benificial for new gym goers.whcih are as follows:
Also note the following -- In case you are not gymming, cut out the calories mentioned here as you probably will never burn them off.
- Drink a full glass each of water after waking up in the morning, about 15 minutes before each meal, and before and after workouts. DO NOT drink water DURING meals. Try to drink more than 1.5 litres of water every day.
- Break up your meals into five or more mini meals. For those wanting to shed some pounds, limit each meal to 300 calories for women and 400 calories for men. Breakfast within 30 min after waking up. Plan your meals in such a way that your routine life is not compromised, you stay fresh and energetic throughout the day and you don’t rush for fast food.
- The key is to increase the intake of protein and complex carbohydrates without increasing fat. Forget the pastries, cakes, burgers, pizza and fries. For an intense workout with weights, try a high protein diet. Whey powder, meat, chicken, eggs, skimmed toned milk, cheese, yogurt, soy milk are rich in protein. These help build muscle mass. Starch rich foods like bread, rice, chapattis, parathas etc. are best before exercise. Post workout, it is best to stick to fruit juices, smoothies and other simple sugar containing food like fruits, bananas etc. All carbohydrates are converted to glucose in the body before any energy can be derived from them. Save your body some effort by eliminating this tiresome process after a grueling gym routine.
- Write down in your diary any new tips you learnt, any new exercises that you tried and whatever resolutions you want to make for your fitness routine. Track what you eat and the amount of calories it is likely to contain. Put it on paper. This will help you to burn off what you took in.
I think this will help you all..
I am 22 years old female unmarried, ht 4.10 wt-75, my question is dat I always fyl discomfort in my vagina and urethra while doing exercise like jumping and dancing and hav a slight pain during urination done urine test bt is normal, I fyl sumtyms dat sumthng is stuck in my vagina and I hav a burning and stingy sensation in my vagina, I notice a slippery white discharge always in my vagina and sumtyms I fyl some secretion which is hot secreted by my vagina. Is this normal?
Doctor has prescribed 2 medicine 1) siphene 100 mg for 5 days and 2) hyponid for 1 month. Today being 3rd day of her period. We are planning for the baby. Is this medicine are good?
Hello doctor, I'm pregnant of 9 weeks. And having kidney stones of 16 mm and 8 mm in right and left kidneys. Doctor suggested me that as I don't have kidney stones pain, they suggested me to continue the pregnancy, if in case problem arises means if I get pain, then in the 2nd trimester they can do surgery in emergency. They guaranteed that It won't harm my baby too. That's my case till now. But my question is, in pregnancy, need to take more calcium intake. But as per my knowledge, more calcium intake will effect kidney stones, please help me sir/madam how much I have to take calcium daily. I completely stopped drinking milk and any calcium products.
Urinary infection is one widespread disorder that most of the human beings face in the later stages of their lives. The infection is experienced mostly by half of the women and according to statistical data, it has been noted that about 40% of women and 12% of men get infected with urinary infection. Women who are sexually active have more possibilities to get this infection. It is an infection suffered by many people and, which is more vulnerable to children and women.
The symptoms that are identified for a person with urinary infection are frequent urination and burning sensation at the time of passing urine. In certain cases, women even experience leaking of urine while sleeping. It is advised not to take this condition casually as it can lead to further complications, and medications need to be taken to reduce the discomfort caused.
Main Causes of Urinary Infection
- The main reason why urinary infection is caused is due to a bacterium that moves from the urinary duct into the urinary bladder.
- There are chances to get urinary infection if a person has sex with many partners
- Women should not hold back the urge for urinating frequently, as it can weaken the bladder and makes it prone to urinary infection.
Treatment for Urinary Infection
There are simple and helpful home remedies that can be used for the treatment of urinary infection, and these include
- It is very necessary to drink a lot of water, as it would help flush the bacteria from the bladder that causes the infection. It is advisable to drink at least 80 ounces of water on a daily basis.
- It is advisable to eat foods rich in Vitamin C as they are helpful in making the urine more acidic, and it inhibits further growth of the bacterium in the urinary tract.
- It is very important that spicy foods and bladder irritants like caffeine, carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners be cut from the diet to reduce the irritation.
- It is very important to include healthy foods in your diet, and that are rich in high-fiber carbohydrates and helpful in digestive health of your body.
- Herbal remedies can be opted for treatment of urinary tract infection, and the leaves of bearberry are used for this purpose.
- Most importantly, it is very necessary to adopt healthier habits and quit smoking. Women should wear loose clothing and make use of personal hygiene products that are free from any fragrance.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The diagnosis of menopause is made after periods have stopped for at least 1 year after the age of 40 due to reducing ovarian activity.The age span can vary between 45 to 55 and the median age is 52 years.Menopause occurring before the age of 40 is premature and one needs to consult a Gynaecologist.
The time span for several months to several years leading to menopause is called perimenopause.The periods during this time may become irregular and the patient may experience hot flushes, night sweats, anxiety, mood swings etc; 30-60% of women may experience emotional symptoms at this time. The major symptoms include:
- Hot Flushes and Night seats
- Vaginal dryness
- Tiredness and sleep disturbances
- Mood swings and lack of concentration
- Loss of interest in having sex
Every woman experiences menopause differently. A few will have a combination of different mild symptoms while others will have more severe symptoms.Some women choose to go through menopause without any treatment whereas others prefer to have hormonal or non-hormonal medications to help control their symptoms.
However it is important to consult a Gynaecologist as irregular periods and other symptoms may be due to other pathologies and may need investigating.
A healthy lifestyle is very important during this time to maintain good bone health and general health.Regular aerobic exercises like swimming, jogging, brisk walking and in general maintaining an active lifestyle and maintaining an optimal body mass index is very important and helps in preventing osteoporosis, heart disease etc;
- Low-intensity exercises such as yoga may help to reduce hot flushes and boost general well-being.
- Reducing intake of tea/coffee/ caffeinated drinks will help reduce hot flushes and night sweats.
- Vaginal lubricants and moisturisers help in reducing vaginal dryness during intercourse.
- Also equally important is having a diet rich in Calcium, proteins and low in fat and refined carbohydrates like sweets and junk foods.
- Soya-based foods like soya beans, chickpeas, peas are rich is phytoestrogens nad may help in reducing perimenopausal/ menopausal symptoms.
- Getting an annual health check up done helps in identifying risks earlier and taking appropriate actions earlier on.
- Women should have regular PAP smears, BP check, Mammograms, Lipid profile done and other tests if clinically indicated.
Finally, it is best to consult a Gynaecologist if a woman is having any perimenopausal or menopausal symptoms so that appropriate treatment can be instituted.
Dr. my age 38 my period irregular problem. I was checked my blood report Dr. told your hormone imbalance your period naturally gone. I am very tension. I am devocy. I will try second marriage. How can possible come my regular periods.
Hyperacidity, psoriasis, migraine, ibs, chronic fatigue are some examples of stress induced disease.
Along with medicines patients should learn to manage stress. Improving self awareness is first step of it. Mindfulness meditation is very useful to improve self awareness. Because of this awareness person can choose thought to ponder or to ignore. It is important learning.
Irrational thoughts are the main culprit for our anxiety and stress. Mindfulness helps to slow down internal clutter. Mindful walking. Mindful eating changes default mode of our brain. Our brain is always thinking. It is similar to computer. If there are too many files opened simultaneously the computer will get slowed and crashed. You should scan it and close some open files. Similarly our brain is stressed due to continuous thinking.
Meditation helps to shut down some files in our brain for some time. Five to ten minutes of meditation will revitalize your brain.
Meditation is non religious. Anyone can learn it and experience it's benefits by one month regular practice. There are many research papers published worldwide on effects of meditation. Dr. Herbert benson from howard university named it as relaxation response. He found that meditation is helpful on many stress induced disease. Meditation can be learned by online coaching. There is no need to meet so called spiritual or religious guru. It is better to learn it from doctor because he can synergistically teach meditation with psychotherapy.
Walking is a low intense cardio exercise that is suitable for all age groups. For people with bone problems and back pain, walking is the perfect exercise. It is less stressful on the body and has similar benefits to running or jogging. So if you are looking for reasons to jump on the bandwagon of walking as an exercise, here are a few:
- Good for the Heart: Running puts some amount of stress on your heart muscles but does not seem to reduce the chances of premature death; whereas walking at a brisk pace puts less stress on the heart and considerably reduces the risk of premature death. Running may also cause inflammation in the muscles of the heart and increases free radicals in the body.
- Increases immunity: Walking has a beneficial effect on the immune system of the body vis-à-vis running. Running may induce conditions in the body which allow various bacterial infections like cold to foster. You end up falling sick more often if you run.
- Helps in weight loss: Walking is a steady state exercise resulting in moderate levels of heart rate. Moderate heart rate sustained for 45-60 minutes is advised to lose fat. Running tends to raise the heart rate to drastic levels which cannot be sustained for long, thus leading to reduced fat loss.
- Stress on the joints: Running is a vigorous activity that places a lot of stress on the knee joints and the lower back. If you have conditions such as osteoarthritis and lower back pain, then running is a strict no for you. It is recommended to walk at a brisk pace for an hour every day for maximum benefits.
- Walking can be done anywhere: You can take a walk inside your office premises or even walk back to your home after work due to the light nature of the exercise. Running or jogging may require proper gear and may not be suitable for all places.