Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhushankumar A ThakurYour feedback matters!
I have stomach pain and gastric problem. It usually start after meal. Please suggest any home remedy.
Running is one of the best forms of exercise, not only for getting fit but for weight control too.
1. Running is the quickest way to cardiovascular fitness. You get fitter faster by running regularly.
2. Running is one of the cheapest forms of exercising. You only need a pair of running shoes and shorts and t-shirt to get started.
3. Running is easy to learn. Most people have run at some point in their life, either competitively or at school/college, so there is no steep learning curve involved.
4. Running makes you feel good, not only physically, but mentally as well.
5. Running is excellent for reducing stress levels. There is nothing better than a run to clear your head and concentrate the mind. Many great ideas have been formulated on training runs.
6. Running is one of the most flexible methods of training around. Wherever you are in the world, it is nearly always possible to get out for a run. You can jog, steady run or sprint depending on how you feel that particular day.
7. Running is good for your heart. It not only strengthens the heart but also reduces the actual resting heart rate.
I am 36 years old male suffering from anxiety related symptoms where stomach bloats up under stress Also have chronic abdomen cramping, constipation and gas. 45 days ago had an h pylori diagnosis (after endoscopy which revealed mild chronic gastritis) . Completed triple therapy (amoxicillin, clarithromycin, omeprazole). However feeling severe bloating and chest pressure (becomes more acute under work stress and anxiety) , constipation and cramping. Did a course of Xifaxan , 40 % relief from bloating and cramp severity after taking Xifaxan but still getting severe bloating and occasional nausea. Currently on 1. Nexium once in morning 2. Homeopathy - Lycopodium when uncomfortable Gal bladder has 2 stones (9 mm, 6 mm) and has partial distention. But no pain at all (doctor said it is not an issue at this stage) ECG ,Liver enzymes , creatine - normal / no hepatitis detected in bloodwork/, triglycerides little high Doctor said it is anxiety and prescribed Ativan but I do not want to get myself hooked on to anxiety medications (due to dependence) Is there any alternative therapy/investigations.
In 2013 I had done Oesophago gastro duodenoscopy and found about GErD. From past a month I have come down from 46 to 44. I am having too much of buttermilk for digestion is that caused weight loss or should I go for upper GI endoscopy again.
I have stones in my gallbladder. I don't want surgery. Is there any other treatment for it except surgery.
Sir my name is vikash sir mere no 1 month se gas bn rha hi stomach me and there dhire chest and back tak a ja rha hi food ache se nhi digest ho rha or paikhana ache se nhi ho rha.
I am 18 years boy. I have pain and foul smell coming from secretion at mouth of anus. What is the disease and treatment of it?
It is an uncomfortable burning sensation that often times creeps up the throat, and is a symptom more so than a disease. It is caused by acid reflux.
Home Remedies For Hyperacidity
•Take 3-6 gm of liquorice (mulethi) root powder with warm milk.
•Drink cold milk without any additives. Make it more effective add one teaspoonful of ghee to it.
•Eat overripe bananas during an attack of acidity. They have higher amounts of potassium making it even more effective.
•Boil one cup of water and to it add one tsp of Fennel (souf). Cover and leave overnight. Strain the water in the morning, add 1 tsp of honey (shahad).Taken this prepration 3 times a day.
•Chew Cumin (jeera) or boil it in water. Drink the water when it has cooled down.
•Chop some mint leaves, add them to a pot of boiling water and drink this water after cooling it.
•To relieve acidity crush two pods of cardamom (with or without the skin), boil the powder in water and drink the cooled juice for instant relief.
•Crush ginger, mix it with a small piece of jaggery (gud) and keeping sucking on it allowing the juice to slowly reach the stomach.
• One teaspoon of amla powder twice a day to help keep acidity way.
•Chewing holy basil (tulsi) leaves.
I am on my 55th day of pregnancy. Yesterday night I was having abdominal pain & in the morning I vomit milky white fluid. Moreover m feeling awkward when I smell any thing. I feel vomit while having my hubby breath as well. Kindly help.
I have pain while coughing, sneezing or any kind of pressure coming on abdomen. The pain sensation comes on right side of abdomen. I am 36yrsr old male.
A chronic condition, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a disorder of the large intestine that exhibits symptoms such as bloating, abdominal cramps, gas and diarrhea. The symptoms of IBS can be controlled by making lifestyle changes such as incorporating certain modifications to your diet and reducing or managing stress levels. For severe symptoms, you may require medications.
The symptoms of IBS can vary; some of them are:
- Bloated stomach
- Abdominal cramps
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Presence of mucus in the stool
- Some other severe symptoms of IBS include sudden loss of weight and rectal bleeding.
The exact cause of IBS is not known, but there are certain factors that may act as triggers. There are muscles lining the walls of the intestine that relax and contract in a proper rhythm, thus allowing the passage of food through the intestine. In case of IBS, these contractions tend to be irregular, resulting in gas, bloating and diarrhea.
Some of the factors that can trigger this condition are:
- Hormones: Hormonal changes can play a role in triggering IBS. For a woman, the symptoms can worsen during her menstrual cycles.
- Stress: Studies show that symptoms of IBS considerably increase if you are subject to increased stress levels over a prolonged period of time.
- Foods: Certain foods such as spices, chocolate, milk and broccoli can act as triggers.
- Other Disorders: In some cases, other underlying conditions such as bacterial overgrowth or infectious diarrhea can cause IBS.
The initial step to manage the symptoms of this condition is to make prompt changes in your diet, such as eliminating spicy foods and dairy products, at least till the symptoms subside. It is advised to resort to medications only if the dietary changes fail to yield results.
The various treatments are:
- Anti-diarrheal Medications: Anti-diarrheal medication such as ‘loperamide’ is used to control and manage diarrhea.
- Fiber Supplements: Certain fiber supplements such as ‘methylcellulose’ and ‘psyllium’ can help in managing constipation.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics are prescribed only if the symptoms result from bacterial overgrowth in the intestine.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.