Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Bhupendra Ghandhi
Submit a review for Dr. Bhupendra GhandhiYour feedback matters!
I'm male, 29, weight- 50 kg, height- 169 cm. Dear doctor, due to anxiety, my weight is reducing and I'm confused for the time being, I have a frequent urinating. Is this anxiety stressful. Is it bad for health? My mind forces me to remain always anxious to avoid heart attack and diabetes by reducing weight. Pls advise me.
I am a professional 48 years my BP is 116/ 85 random early morning 116 / 80 since I have a small rat kidney since birth and my microalbinurea of 85 micro gram my nephrologist suggested small dose of anti hyper tensile which I forgot please suggest one to delay albinuria only my diastolic bo fluctuates as I am an anceinty neurosis pt other wise ok doing brisk cycling for 40 min.
Hello, my baby is 3 days old. He born on 36th week of pregnancy and his weight during birth is less than 2 kg. Doctors have kept him under observation. He is been given antibiotic for respiratory problem. Now doctor has informed that the baby's stomach bloat after milk. Motion and urine is alright. They have suggested for further care under Neonatal ICU to understand the issue correctly. What can be the problem? Any recommendations would be helpful.
I have four stones, two stones on each side 3 mm-5 mm in my kidneys. How can I dissolve it? Or do I need to do procedure for it which is extremely costly. I need to go to work in a moth in before that will have to go to company doctor for a check up and I'm sure they will find out and rejected me. So please let me know what is the best option to dissolved it.
The kidneys filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It causes the urine to get highly saturated. The solid depositions then turn into stone like formations, also termed as renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination and discomfort during urination, presence of blood in the urine, are some major signs of kidney stones.
Kidney stones can be prevented by maintaining a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet with sufficient nutrients:
- Calcium and oxalate-rich food should be consumed together. This leads to the binding of calcium and oxalate together in the stomach intestines, before they can be processed in the kidneys. This helps to control the formation of calcium and oxalate depositions in the kidneys.
- Do not cut down on calcium. Since most of the kidney stones are found to be calcium depositions, many people tend to cut down on their calcium intake. It is important to continue with food that is rich in calcium such as milk. However, it is necessary to reduce intake of other calcium supplements. Decrease in calcium can lead to degeneration and deformation in bones and muscles.
- Too much of red meat consumption and high fat dairy products can lead to the formation of stones in the kidneys. Animal protein is rich in purine that increases uric acid, saturating the urine and creating stones. It is important to balance your diet by including lots of green vegetables, whole grains, fibres, fruits and low-fat dairy products. Opt for non-animal protein such as lentils or legumes.
- Cut down on sugary and aerated drinks. They contribute to the formation of depositions due to their high and unhealthy levels of fructose and preservatives.
- Reduce or abstain from alcohol. Alcohol is known for its multiple disadvantages to the human body. It has also been found to increase the levels of uric acid in blood.
- Keep your body hydrated. Drink adequate quantity of water throughout the day, preferably 3 litres or more depending on your physical activities. It prevents the solidification of the depositions and helps to eliminate wastes smoothly.
- Increase the intake of anti-oxidants in the form of green tea, dark chocolates and fruits.
- Lower the intake of salt.