Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Bhupendra GhandhiYour feedback matters!
I am taking medicine modlip asg 75 this was prescribed during my tmt +ve (this was rejected by another doctor after two months recheck) but after tmt two days later when I recieved blood urine report my all the cholesterol level was under limit so should I need to take same asg _contain medicine?
I am 23 year old healthy man and i am suffering from bed wetting since child hood now. it s like once or twice in a week.
Good morning. My daughter is 6 years old and in first standard, she has problem of frequently urine (20 to 25) per day. What should we do?
The kidneys are the purifiers of the body; they help in removing the waste from the body through the urine. In those suffering from kidney diseases, the function of the kidney is affected, and so their ability to clear out waste from the body is reduced and completely lost gradually. However, waste continues to form, and therefore, such patients have to undergo dialysis, where the blood is purified through an external device.
The frequency and duration of the dialysis would depend on how effectively the kidneys are still functioning and how much waste has been formed from the time of the previous dialysis session. The person’s overall body mass index (BMI) and the water weight gained are also considered.
Once it is decided that a person’s kidneys are damaged and dialysis is required, the person has to prepare for a long-term process. The following outlines what to expect before, during, and after the dialysis sessions.
Before the session:
Since most people prefer to get it done at a dialysis centre, it is preferable to plan for it, three treatments a week on an average, with each session lasting about 4 to 4 hours.
During the session:
- The blood flows through the dialysis device, which acts as an artificial kidney. The sequence of events are as follows:
- The Weight is checked
- Vital signs, including heart rate, blood pressure, breathing and pulse are checked.
- The access areas are washed, and needles are used to connect these areas to the dialysis machine. Anesthesia may be used in the beginning to reduce the pain in this area.
- The same access areas are used for each session, and over a period of time, buttonholes are formed which is like a small tunnel.
- Though the session would last about 3 to 4 days, normal activities can be done, including reading, working on a laptop, watching television, or even sleeping.
- Once the dialysis session is complete, the tube will be removed and a dressing is placed over the site.
After the session
The same site is used each time for the dialysis, so for the first couple of sessions, there could be discomfort. There could also be nausea, diarrhoea, cramping, and headaches.
The treatment needs to be adjusted based on symptoms, so please let the doctor know if you experience any symptoms.
Call the doctor if you are facing the following:
- Bleeding from the access site
- Inflammatory signs around the site
- Persistent fever of over 104 degrees
- Numbness or weakness in the arms
- Confusion, drowsiness, or cognition problems
Though initially uncomfortable, once you get into the dialysis schedule, you will notice the difference of how cleansed you will feel after each session.
Sir mujhe urine baar baar aata hai, par frequently nahi aata hai, jyada paani pee leta hu to to har half hour mai urine aata hai maine saare test karaye the lekin result kuch nahu expert doctor ne kaha ye tumari pshychology ban gayi hai mai issse 7 years se paresaan hu please sir give me advice in right direction.
Dear sir I am 46 years old and very recently I have gone for surgery of urethra strictures-two places and after that I am taking medicine urimax-0.4 and martifur tab. One each daily after dinner. Please advise me for not tobe suffering from urine infection and care for strictures not to occur again. Since last 10 years, I am also suffering from diabetes, presently type-2 diabetes and having a calculus in gall bladder. For diabetes, I am taking diamicron xr 60, obimet sr-1 gm- one tab. Each daily after breakfast and one time lantus insulin- 26 units daily at bed time.
6 Ayurvedic Remedies For Treating Kidney Stones Naturally!
A kidney stone is a hard crystal-like material or growth that is formed inside the kidney or the urinary tract. The medical term for this condition is nephrolithiasis. Here are a few natural ways by which you can get rid of kidney stones without having them removed surgically:
- Lemon juice and olive oil: This remedy says that blending five spoons of olive oil with five spoons of lemon juice can be beneficial. Drink this mix on an empty stomach and after that drink a glass of water. You need to mix this potion and drink it straight first thing in the morning and again in the late evening. Make sure to drink a lot of water too. Proceed with this treatment for a few days until the stone passes through your urine. It is believed that the lemon juice could separate the kidney stones and the olive oil would help in providing grease for passing the stone all the more effectively.
- Pomegranate juice: We have all heard that pomegranates have numerous medical advantages. Further, the seeds of pomegranates can be viewed as another characteristic solution for kidney stones. One can have pomegranate juice in order to handle kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is made of citrus extract that could help in dissolving kidney stones and help the body pass the stones more effortlessly. What is more, it is trusted that apple cider vinegar helps in the avoidance of kidney stones in the first place by neutralising the impact on blood and urine and keep the kidney stones from advancing. This home cure prescribes that blending two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with six to eight spoons of water and drinking the blend every now and again for the duration of the day, and particularly before dinner times will end up breaking up kidney stones.
- Natural celery: Celery is a leafy vegetable and celery seeds are great kidney tonics. Customary usage of celery seed, as a flavour or as a tea, may improve the kidney stone problem.
- Coke and asparagus: Basic home solutions for kidney stones includes drinking a lot of Coke and tailing it up by eating a half-pound of steamed asparagus. Supporters of this technique propose that the phosphoric corrosive found in Coke helps in dissolving the kidney stones. Asparagus is used as a diuretic. Coke alone will dehydrate you, which is not ideal in case you are experiencing kidney stones.
- Uva ursi: Uva Ursi is a very natural remedy for kidney stones. Not just will it battle off disease in the kidneys, however, it might also lessen pain and improve the health of the urinary tract. 500mg three times each day is prescribed for kidney stones.
Though these are home remedies, it is still advisable that one should not go for self medication and should consult a Ayurvedic practitioner to know the correct dosage and usage.