Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. B. ShobhanaYour feedback matters!
How many times we can do sex in a week during first trimester of pregnancy. Considering that the lady feels a lot of vomiting in the evening and morning.
Hello I'm asking for some help regarding cancer issues. How can we. Recognise cancer issues. My mom got breast cancer and now she getting so many problem. So how can she will be all right from breast cancer.
One of my female friend is having strange mensuration period. Her period started as per her usual timing which was on 29 of march. Her period used to last till 5 days but this time her period stopped after 3 days and after 2 days she again had her period started. It was not like her usual period. There was less amount of bleeding which occurred only in the morning. It has already been 3 days since she observed this unusual less amount of bleeding. And because of that she feels exhausted quickly. What does that mean? Is it normal?
I am 34 weeks pregnant and consulting gynecologist Dr. . On routine checkup found that the pulse rate is around 120 (identified from past 3 weeks) There ia no heart problem in past or in family.
Dysmenorrhoea is a medical condition where a woman has extremely painful periods. While menstruation is normal, it is very painful. This is caused by disorders like fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease, adenomyosis, endometrial polyps, use of intrauterine contraceptive device or endometriosis. Many women assume that pain is normal and must be tolerated.
Few ways to deal with dysmenorrhoea are:
1. It’s Ok To Take Pain Relievers: To relieve the pain, simple analgesics like paracetamol and aspirin can be taken.
2. Anti-inflammatory Drugs Can Taken: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also prescribed to deal with dysmenorrhoea and most women are known to feel relief from the pain.
3. Fish Oils Capsules: Fish oil capsules which contain Omega 3 fatty Acids are also a good option to use when troubled with severe menstrual pain.
4. Prefer Light Diet: A few minor dietary changes can also help. Eating low fat vegetarian food especially on the days of the periods can prove to be helpful.
5. Avoid Sedentary Lifestyle: It is said that exercise can reduce the pain of dysmenorrhoea. Sedentary lifestyle is not good for the uterus region and it is advisable to indulge in regular exercises.
6. Use Heat Therapy: Heat therapy is a common and effective way to deal with dysmenorrhoea. Keeping a hot water bag on the region of the pain is known to soothe the pain and help relax the muscles.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hi 9 months before my wife is blessed by a beautiful daughter but 5 days before we had sex and now she test with preganews she is pregnant again but at moment we don't need child and she missed her periods on 22 April 2017 now what she will do last year's she had pregnant but we consulted a doctors who prescribed some tab which is very painful moment for her she is again fear at that pain which will be happen after taking abortion tablet. There is any tab or anything else which have little pain for abortion. please help us.
One gynecologist doctor prescribed me to do intercourse in 10th to 13th day after complete the period counting from ist day is it true to get chance for pregnancy in 10th to 13th days after period and how many times I should intercourse in that time.
My wife is 10 weeks pregnant. Her tsh count is 5. 56 doc gave her thyroxine 25 mg once daily. Is this dosage enough?
Sir/mam before 7 days ago I was make physical relation with my partner first time in my life. Just after 15 minutes of vaginal sex I was start feeling a mild itching on my plivet parts and then after 5 minutes I feel itching in my hole body for 10-15 minutes. Is it normal or any symptoms of any type of allergy or disease?
I am 30 years married women. I have a one baby also. I have a very heavy flow in periods & felling very giddiness & always I am felling very low.
Feeling pain in breast on both side and also feel pain in under arms of left side from few months I have examine by self everything is ok but still I feel pain.
One of the unique forms of depression is the Seasonal affective disorder which is characterized by the onset of depression with the start of the winter months and a full remission during spring time. Seasonal affective disorder is a form of depression that affects about 1 in 20 people around the world on average. One of the common therapies used to treat this disorder is light therapy.
What is light therapy?
Light therapy is the controlled exposure to specific amounts of bright light on a daily basis as a medicinal tool to correct depression and other mental disorders. It has been noticed that the lack of exposure to lights may trigger certain mental disorders within patients and controlled exposure to bright light over a stipulated period of time every day may be able to correct this effectively.
How it works?
Brightness within the daily world is usually measured with the unit of lux. For all types of artificial lights, the measure of luminosity is estimated via this unit. Human beings have an automatic trigger where low light levels for continued periods may cause depression. A clear sunny day outdoors will have a measurement of 10,000 lux and this is the recommended dosage for exposure for people suffering from depression.
It has been seen in studies that people with severe forms of Seasonal Affective disorder responded well to this therapy. They were treated 30 minutes daily with light exposure and over time the study showed that it significantly improved the moods of the people.
Some of the reasons why light therapy proves to be an effective treatment option for SAD include:
- It resets the circadian rhythm - Controlled exposure to light will trigger the hormones that control the circadian rhythms or the daily rhythms of sleeping and walking cycles and thus will help reduce depression.
- It triggers neurotransmitter function - Light exposure triggers certain neurotransmitter functions which work like an antidepressant and thus relieves stress or other internal functions that may cause depression.
- Results in an increase in serotonin levels - This hormone is very important for mood elevation and is known to rise with increased light levels and decrease with low light levels. Controlled exposure can definitely help improve serotonin levels for lessening depression symptoms.
Related Tip: Do People Really Suffer from Mood Disorders?