Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. B K SmrutiYour feedback matters!
2. Take a daily Probiotic
3. Do not touch added sugar - glucose or High Fructose Corn Syrup
4. Avoid mass market cows´ dairy (unpasteurised milk from grass fed cattle does, however, have advantages)
Hi. From last few days I am experiencing some small tumours or masses in my mouth. Which is not paining or increasing. What may be this due to?
If someone has cancer in any of the part let it be adrenal cancer. And it is of first stage. Would it have affect on blood report of patient. Does it lower haemoglobin content. And what effect it would have on TLC?
I have a small lump on the nipple of my left breast, on the down-left side, roughly for about 2 years. I also have sharp stinging pains in both the breasts, mostly left breast, roughly for about a year and a half. What do I do?
Cervical cancer is a type of cancer which emerges from the cervix. It occurs due to the abnormal growth of cells in the cervix (lower part of the uterus) of the female reproductive system. Cervical cancer is the most common type of cancer found in women, worldwide, and can be treated with successful results, if discovered at an initial stage.
This type of cancer can be caused by multiple factors, some of which are:
1. Human papillomavirus - One of the major causes of cervical cancer is the human papillomavirus (HPV). There are more than 100 types of HPV. During sexual intercourse, a minimum of 40 types of HPV are passed, out of which 15 of them are high risks for cervical cancer, including types 16 and 18. 7 out of 10 women, who suffer from cervical cancer, are infected by types 16 and 18.
However, most women, who are sexually active, will come under the influence of at least one type of HPV in their lifetime, without any kind of harm caused to them.
2. Smoking - Smoking increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. It helps in the development of HPV, which is a major cause of this type of cancer. If a woman is already HPV-positive, smoking increases the probability of being diagnosed with cervical cancer by leaps and bounds.
3. Oral contraceptives - Research shows that taking contraceptive pills increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. Women who've been on contraceptive pills for over 5 years are twice as more prone to being diagnosed with cervical cancer than those who are not on the pill. But as soon as you stop the intake of pills, the increased risk of cancer drops immediately.
4. Multiple pregnancies - Having multiple pregnancies is linked with increased risk of cervical cancer. Having seven or more pregnancies increases the risk of this type of cancer in those women who are already influenced by HPV by four times. And those who have had one or two full-term pregnancies, also under the influence of HPV have two to three times the risk of being diagnosed with this illness.
Knowing about the symptoms of cervical cancer can help in the early diagnosis of this disease. However, in the early stages of the disease, there are no such noticeable symptoms. Although these signs can help you understand if you've got cervical cancer:
1. Abnormal vaginal bleeding, i.e. bleeding after sexual intercourse or after menopause
2. Longer period cycles
3. Bleeding after douching
Symptoms in the advanced stages of the illness are:
1. Loss of weight
2. Back pain
3. Leg pain
5. Swelling of legs
7. Pelvic pain
8. Leakage of urine/feces from vagina
I have lumps on breast they always come back leave scars do not form heads open and close up on there own.
Sir after surgery in Feb 2915 I was advised for radiotherapy by my oncologist but after going through the biopsy report the radiology doctor said it is not required if I insist then only he will give radiation .Other wise not required. Then I visited my my oncologist 4-5 times. He is saying everything is ok not to worry but I am really scared about the fibrosis. It's just like fungus. Every day I used to clean the same and very next day I found the same in plenty. Please suggest some remedy for fibrosis. Please.
What are the necessary requirement to prevent any type of cancer? What type of food should be avoided and what should be taken, exercises for cancer if any and what type of injuries should not be neglected. Also tell me about internal injuries symptoms.
Diagnosed with Breast cancer. FNAC done. No other tests done. Suggested surgery. Do I get other tests done or go for surgery immediately. The result of other tests will take another 12 days.
My mother (Age 50) was a diabetic, adeno carcinoma stomach (since 1 year) with heart stent was placed 5 years ago. She has edema in her legs, ankle, thigh since 3 days. When we consulted regional cancer centre they have tested the blood. In blood test we have noticed that the albumin is 1.4 gm/dL and protein was 3.4 gm/dL. She is feeling heavy in her abdomen and we have gone for tapping and found that no fluid was coming out and still my mother was feeling heavy in her abdomen serum creatinine test was normal (1). She was using furosemide (water pill) but she was not getting urine frequently it was 500 mL to 1000 mL per day she can't eat anything she is feeling heavy. Doctor said that eat high protein food we are giving 3 eggs per day and milk with protein powder. What to do now? Please give me a suggestion.
Discharge from your nipple without any squeezing or touching of the breast may make any women wonder. Other than breast milk, any kind of nipple discharge can be a warning sign of breast cancer.
When a tumor starts in the milk ducts just under or around the nipple, it may cause irritation and infection, leading to discharge.
If you notice any nipple discharge, particularly clear or bloody, get it checked by your doctor. Such discharge can also be due to an infection or other condition that needs treatment