Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwini Bhalero Gandhi
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwini Bhalero GandhiYour feedback matters!
23 days past I did sex with my wife. Last 14th Feb'15 was her period day. But periods not happened. We did sex without protection. She took I-Pill within 4 hrs. After sex. We both are 30 yrs old. We are having 2 children. We don't want more child. Please suggest the name of medicines.
Hello Doctor, I am 25, I got periods last 16 March after that I missed it in April even till now I did not got periods. I had sex with my boyfriend on 26 April but I am not pregnant because I already checked it by Prega News pregnancy kit. Now I want to know what reason could be behind missing my periods? Please let me know ASAP.
I had sex with protection on 7th, 8th, 11th and 14th October and my periods was due on 22nd October but I didn't get my periods yet. My periods got delayed for a week. I'm very tensed. What should I do?
Hello, I am on ayurvedic treatment regarding weight gain and the doctor said to me that my white discharge is the reason behind for my underweight. He gave me medicines for vital discharge and for improving my digestion. And I am on the homeopathic medicined for my acne and my digestion is the reason behind it and my doctor said to me its ok to take homeopathy with ayurvedic. I just want to know that it is totally safe to take the medicine together as both the medicines have different approach of working. I just wanted to know that uit is harmful or not? Plzz answer my this question. Thank you!
Hi. Every month before my period I have breast tenderness. But we are trying to conceive this month. This month also I got breast tenderness. My period is April 18th. Does breast tenderness occur in pregnancy or not.
Hi I'm 5 weeks pregnant Hai aur humko thyroid 2 years se hai. Dr. thyronorm 100 mcg Suggest kare .hum tablet breakfast se 30 mints before late the but now Dr. told me 2 hr before or atlest 1/2 before lo You please help me breakfast se kitne time before Lena ?¹¹
Hello, I am married and we had sex for more than 6-7 times in last month, Is there is any possibility of pregnancy, if yes is there is any option to stop pregnancy?
I kissed my boyfriend few days back. Is there any chance of pregnancy. Please help me out doctor. I am very confused. Thank you.
Are you concerned about being at the risk of having ovarian cancer? Ovarian cancer is a form of cancer that occurs in your ovaries. It leads to abnormal cells, which are capable of spreading to other parts of your body. The major symptoms of ovarian cancer that are experienced at later stages of the condition include pelvic pain, bloating, swelling and loss of appetite. There are several risk factors which increase your chance of developing ovarian cancer. The most important factors are as follows:
- Your chances of developing ovarian cancer increase with your age.
- The condition is uncommon in women below the age of 40 and most cases of ovarian cancer are likely to occur in women after menopause.
- Most cases of ovarian cancer are found in women who are above the age of 63.
- There is an association between obesity and the development of ovarian cancer. It has been observed that obese women are at a higher risk of getting an ovarian cancer.
- Reproductive history
- Women who have been pregnant and completed their term before the age of 23 are at a low risk of having ovarian cancer. The risk increases with each full term pregnancy and women who have a full term pregnancy after 35 are more likely to develop ovarian cancer.
- Birth control
- Women using birth control pills or oral contraceptives are at a lower risk of getting ovarian cancer.
- The risk gets lowered only after using the pills for a period of 3 to 6 months. The longer you use the pills, the less risk you are at.
- Fertility drugs
- According to studies, the use of a certain fertility drug for a period of more than one year increases your chances of developing ovarian tumours and hence, ovarian cancer.
- The risk is maximum in women who did not get pregnant while using the drug. These drugs increase the risk of ovarian tumours, which are called low malignant potential.
- Infertile women are usually at a higher risk of being affected by ovarian cancer, even if they do not use fertility drugs.
- These are male hormones. A certain drug that is used for increasing your androgen levels is associated with higher chances of developing ovarian cancer. However, this is not yet confirmed and more research is currently being undertaken to find out how much androgens are responsible for causing ovarian cancer.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor and undertake several tests and examinations. This will help in the proper diagnosis of your condition and regular screenings will help you to keep safe and know about any disruption in your ovaries that indicate ovarian cancer development. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.