Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok PunjabiYour feedback matters!
I have light discomfort on chest with light tightness and left shoulder pain. Left fingers also getting irritation .lightly breathing issue. What will be the problem sir.
My moms age is 45 and she is having diabetes she is also suffering from cholesterol and also problem of blood pressure what should she do to control all this things?
Hi i am working professional, I am 32 years old male and have a chest pain for last 3 months. What should I do.
I love eggs ! I can eat for all the meals daily. But I eat only 4 eggs a week as I am over 60 and I am obese and have suffered a mild stroke and a mild heart attack. These white broiler eggs are better the the country foul or the brown skin eggs and how many can I eat in a week?
My dad was hospitalized for having blood vomiting, they have given him blood. They told that he has very low bp 50/30. How bad is it? Please tell me what is the lowest bp?
From many years my BP comes 90/130 and some times 85/135 and 40 also. I have anxiety problem from many years. Taking alprex. 25 mg sos. I should take BP medicine or not.
Sir, I am a diabetic and high blood pressure patients. How I control my sugar level and blood pressure? Pls give me some advice.
Sir my age is 30 yrs. Last four days I hv light chest pain and feel heaviness just like it is pressed. Breathing and blood pressure normal.
My wife appears to be pregnant. She had her last cycle on 30th September 2016. She feel little nausea and her BP has fallen down to 60/90. She did urine test through Prega News and one more strip and it came positive. Please guide how should we proceed and what steps should we take?
Hi I am ravishankar 25 years old. For the past few months Iam getting some pain in chest. What should I do?
Hi Sir, I'm 25 years old boy, I am working in research and development lab since last 2 yrs. I am having back pain and inside stomach also upsetness. I thought its common, But because of thees near to heart angina chest pain, also coming for some times. I went for medical checkup everything come correct reports. I do not know whats happen. Can you please suggest me safety precautions for maintaining those in home itself? I'm waiting for your suggestion sir.
My friend have died due to an attack. What made that happen? He don't drink or smoke and he was healthy too. What may be the reason?
My chest x ray show: white colour at the bottom in half left side of x-ray, I have no physical problem for this, doctor tried to extract fluid by inserting syringe on lungs but not coming any fluid, CT SCAN Report: 1) there is significant thinking of visceral and partial layer of pleura of left side (max thickness are 1.5cm) with evidence of small fluid collection in left pleural space. 2) Homogeneous areas of consolidation without air bronchograms in subpleural region of lower lobe in left lung. 3) Periaortic lymphadenopathy. I have taken 4 month DOTS for TB as per doctors prescription but white part of left side is not removing from x-ray. Suggest medicine also for quick recover.
I have chest tightness and upper abdomen pain and tightness. My body weight gone decreased completely .Taken endoscopy redness in esophagus and gastritis. Doctor prescribed me pantakind. Later one Lybrate doctor advise me to take pantocid, another doctor advise me to nexpro 40 mg tab. After taking nexpro some what chest tightness and upper abdomen pain become normal . Side effects of after taking nexpro After having breakfast ,getting liquid stool like diarrhea.
Heart failure occurs when the heart fails to pump blood around the body and organs for oxygen and nutrients. As blood moves through the heart and body at a slower rate, pressure in the heart increases. The chambers of the heart stretch to hold more blood to be able to pump through the body. This helps the blood to move but eventually the heart muscle walls weaken, unable to pump blood efficiently. The kidneys, in response cause the body, to retain fluids. The leakage of fluid in the tissues and the organs congests the heart, leading to heart failure.
Any of the following conditions can be responsible for weakening the heart and causing heart failure.
1. Coronary artery disease: this is a disease of the arteries supplying blood and oxygen to the heart that causes decreased blood flow to heart muscle. If the arteries get blocked or narrowed (due to the buildup of fatty deposits), the heart fails to get oxygen and nutrients, which may eventually lead to heart failure.
2. Heart attack: if the artery becomes suddenly blocked or the plaques formed by fatty deposits rupture, it can lead to a heart attack. This happens due to the formation of a blood clot which may block blood flow to an area of heart muscle.
3. High blood pressure: high blood pressure puts an extra strain on the heart for it to work harder to circulate blood throughout the body. As a result, the heart muscle may become stiff or weak to effectively pump blood.
4. Heart muscle weakness: this condition can have many causes including diseases, infections, drug and alcohol abuse. Genetic factors may also contribute to the weakening of heart muscles.
5. Other diseases: chronic diseases like diabetes, HIV, hyperthyroidism or a buildup of iron or protein can also lead to heart failure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
I am 38 year old weight 110. Yesterday night during teaching to my 5 year old child a shouted a lot and after some time I felt uneasy for some time and some minor pain left side during breathing. I checked my my Blood pressure today afternoon it was 155/89 (although it was always normal in earlierdays) I doubt any heart related problem may be any signs of a heart attack, kindly guide me what to do now.
How a diet high in salt increases blood pressure:
- The amount of salt you eat has a direct effect on your blood pressure.
- Sodium plays a key role in balancing the levels of fluid in our bodies by signaling to the kidneys when to retain water and when to get rid of water.
- When we eat too much salt, our bloodstream has more sodium in it than the surrounding areas of our body. This causes the water in those areas to be pulled into our bloodstream.
- Thus salt makes your body hold on to water. If you eat too much salt, the extra water stored in your body raises your blood pressure. So, the more salt you eat, the higher your blood pressure.
- A high-sodium diet can interfere with this delicate process and reduce kidney function. The result is less water removed from the body, which may lead to higher blood pressure.
- The higher your blood pressure, the greater the strain on your heart, arteries, kidneys. Overtime these extra strain can damage kidney an lead to kidney disease.
- As this reduces kidney's ability to filter toxic waste products out of the body which gradually start building up in the body leading to kidney failure.
- Also, eating too much salt may mean that blood pressure medicines (such as diuretics) don't work as well as they could.
So spice up your life with salt. But cautiously.