Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashlesha Sankhe
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashlesha SankheYour feedback matters!
I'm 28 years old female and used feminol to regularise my periods as I have pcos. But doctor advised me to take pills for three month as I went to yoga and with an intention to treat naturally I stopped taking pills for third month. Does it make any difference.
Abhyanga is a warm oil self-massage. It is an important part of self-care that provides healing benefits to
the body and mind. Abhyanga improves circulation, moisturizes the skin, awakens the lymph system,
and calms the mind and nervous system.
It especially calms the vata dosha; however, by using oils appropriate for each dosha, Abhyanga
supports all three doshas.
Improves luster and tone of the skin
Enhances complexion and creates softer, smoother skin
Lubricates the joints
Nourishes scalp and creates luxurious healthy hair
Supports healthy function of immune system
Balances the nervous system and calms the mind
Supports deep restful sleep
Increases energy and ojas
Make sure bathroom is warm. Place old towel on floor to prevent oil stains.
Heat some water to near boil. Pour water in a coffee mug. Place plastic container of recommended
massage oil into the cup until oil is warm. Use flip top container for easier application.
Begin to apply oil to body. Begin with the head, rubbing oil into scalp. Be sure to lubricate the ears.
Then massage oil into the neck, shoulders and arms. Continue with the abdomen and back. Finish with
the legs. Spend extra time on the hands and feet. Use long strokes for the limbs and circular motion for
the chest, abdomen and joints.
Allow the oil to penetrate the skin for 10-15 minutes. Note: if short on time, even allowing the oil to soak
in for 5 minutes will be of benefit.
Take a warm shower, being careful to not slip as the feet are oily. Use soap where needed and sham-
Itʼs best to avoid Abhyanga when the following conditions are present:
During menstrual cycle
Systemic ama/toxins in the body. Usually the tongue has a thick coating on it under these conditions.
Experiencing a cold or flu
During pregnancy, without the consent of your health care practitioner
RECOMMENDED OILS FOR THE DOSHAS
Be sure to use organic oils, as the skin is the largest organ on the body. One can simply use the
straight-up base oils. However, in my opinion, if I am investing the time and energy in the self-massage, I
like the extra boost of healing herbs in my Abhyanga oil. So, I will use herbal oils. To be more cost
effective, one can use a 50:50 blend of the base and herbal oils.
Abhyanga is a simple, effective, and luxurious practice that puts the “ahhhh” in self-care. Investing time
to nourish yourself in the morning will provide a sweet return of bliss throughout the day, as well as long
term health benefits.
A tumor may be defined as an abnormal unwanted growth of tissue in any part of the body. This word need not immediately cause panic because the tumor may or may not cause a health threat. There are three types of tumors:
- Benign tumor: This is a noncancerous type of tumor. In our body, new cells are formed while the old ones called dead ones are disposed by our immune system. When this disposal of cells does not occur, the remaining dead cells form a lump, which is called a benign tumor. They are not dangerous since, they do not contain harmful fluids and do not spread. A person suffering from a benign tumor in the brain may have frequent headaches.
- Pre-malignant tumor: It is an initial disorder, or an earlier symptom of cancer manifestation. The inclination of this medical condition is that it will progressively become precarious. This is so because it is capable of conquering neighboring tissues and spreading as well. Leukoplakia is a form of premalignant cancer. They evolve as thick white patches inside the cheeks or on gums below the tongue. These patches are very difficult to be scraped off from the mouth. They are caused mainly due to chewing tobacco and smoking, and ff left untreated can expand.
- Malignant tumor: These are the cancerous tumors, in which cells multiply abnormally and rapidly. They are unstable and travel along bloodstream, circulatory system and lymphatic system to other parts of the body. Sarcomas and carcinomas are the most common types of malignant tumors. While the former is related to connective tissues the latter is related to organs and glands.
The most common procedure to name the type of cancer is to refer to their site of origin. Adenocarcinoma, refers to cancer in the adenoid glands. Similarly, a benign tumor of fatty tissue is called lipoma, where as a malignant tumor in the same area is referred to as liposarcoma.
What is a biopsy? How does it relate to a tumor?
A Biopsy is a medical procedure practised by qualified medical practitioners. This procedure helps in identifying the type of tumor within a patient. It aids the doctor to conclude the type of treatment to be given to any patient. This procedure is a definite diagnosis to the identification of cancer. A Biopsy is the removal of a sample of the abnormal, unwanted tissue for laboratory examination. Biopsies are of different types, and they may be performed using ultrasound, CT scan or MRI depending on where the tumor is.
- Excisional biopsy: In this method the entire lump of excess tissue is removed.
- Incisional biopsy: Here a sample of the abnormal tissue is removed surgically.
- Needle aspiration biopsy: Here the sample is extracted with the help of a needle.
After extraction, the tissue layers are sent to pathological departments to check their composition, and cause of disease.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi sir, my wife is 23 year old 2 years ago my wedding, I am always out of home for job and come to home only 3 to 4 day in month, My first child was damaged in the stomach it is five month, I try to last time for pregnant in 17 day period cycle but it's not success. I want to know that what is right time of pregnancy, how to know that right time. Please help me.
Daily habits have the power to leave you limp during or after intercourse. These habits can result in low libido and low desire to engage in intercourse with your partner. However, once you identify them, it is easier to rectify them.
Here are a few daily things which might leave you limp:
- Not nourishing your libido enough: One major reason of a depreciating sex drive can be attributed to low libido, which can be an outcome of poor dietary choices. Add more aphrodisiacs to your diet such as oysters, dark chocolates, bananas, strawberries and yogurt which are rich in zinc, magnesium and other minerals which help in increasing your sex drive.
- Over-masturbation: Engaging in self-stimulation too many times a day can result in fatigue and other health problems. The acceptable number of times a person should masturbate in a day is 2-3 times, however, if you engage in masturbation more than that, you can experience problems like a limp, flaccid penis and reduced sexual drive.
- Increase in insulin levels: Consuming too much sugar during the day can result in spiked insulin (blood sugar levels) in your body. This ends up making you feel more lethargic. It was recently discovered that in men, insulin raises ‘oestrogen’, leading to low libido and in graver cases, erectile dysfunction. Another study linked excess glucose or blood sugar with a dip in the levels of testosterone, thus, leaving you limp before/after intercourse.
- Stress: Though some amount of stress is considered normal, when the levels of distress go sky-rocketing, it might leave you limp as if affects your sexual performance. Instead of relieving stress, sex ends up feeling more like a liability which can result in you having problems getting an erection or getting an orgasm. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Ayurveda recognises how each individual is different and that food intake must vary for each person. Ayurveda in total has identified six taste groups i.e sour, sweet, pungent, salty, astringent and bitter. All these taste groups have health benefits. The inclusion of all of these six tastes gives you satisfaction and provides nourishment and choosing one food group over the other may lead to health issues. A lot of people falter when it comes to eat right and overdo fast food. Eating bitter and pungent foods helps in reducing sugar cravings.
An overall view
The doshas can also be affected by the six tastes. Doshas can increase or decrease depending on the kind of food intake. They fluctuate depending on the laws of attraction. Predominance of ‘kapha’ leads to more accumulation of the same. ‘Vata’ gets pacified by salty, sour and sweet foods. Bitter, sweet and pungent foods reduce 'pitta'. ‘Kapha’ gets reduced by bitter, astringent and pungent foods.
Warm and heavily cooked foods are soothing for ‘vata’ type. Sweeteners, fatty or oily food help ‘vata’. Wheat and rice work wonders for ‘vata’. Vegetables, juicy fruits and cream are good for ‘vata’ as well. However, spicy and hot foods should be avoided.
Pitta is fiery; hence hot foods should be avoided. Cool foods assist digestion. Oil, salt and fat should be taken in small quantities. Ripe and sweet fruits and most vegetables help pacify pitta. Dairy products (except sour ones) are OK in moderation. Mint and coriander cool pitta. Pomegranate, rice and coconuts bring down pitta as well.
Kapha needs warming up and should be stimulated. Dry, warm and light foods lower kapha. Less oil and fat should be used. Barley, rye and buckwheat are grains that are ideal for kapha and so are cranberries and apples. Salt should be minimal for kapha types. Non-fat or low fat milk is ok, but cultured dairy should be abstained from.
Ama, a toxic substance, is believed to form once there is incomplete digestion. You should drink plenty of water at room temperature or warm water to prevent the formation of ‘ama’. Eating what sets your tongue on fire is also healthy for your body.