Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Ashitosh ShettyYour feedback matters!
What are the symptoms of dengue? He is shivering alot and his body is very warm. And in blood test dengue is not recodnised.
1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle such as eating well, drinking water regularly, avoiding stress and maintaining a healthy weight. Frequently, individuals develop sleep disorders due to stress or obesity.
2. Establish a regular schedule for sleep. Wake up and go to bed at the same time everyday, including weekends. Establishing a regular sleep schedule will train your body to sleep soundly on a consistent basis.
3. Avoid taking naps throughout the day. If you take a nap during the day, then you will be less tired at night, be more restless and may not sleep as deeply.
4. Abstain from smoking, drinking alcohol or ingesting caffeine because they can keep you up at night. Even though alcohol makes you sleepy, it obstructs the quality of your sleep.
5. Exercise regularly so that your body will be tired, but do not exercise for 3 to 4 hours before you go to sleep, because it may energize you.
6. Refrain from eating heavy meals for dinner, which can make you feel uncomfortable and will prevent you from sleeping well.
7. Create a bedroom that is quiet, dark and a comfortable temperature, which will promote sleep and avoid disturbances.
8. Sleep on your side with your head slightly elevated to prevent the symptoms of sleep apnea.
9. Construct a bedtime routine such as reading, meditating or bathing. Having a routine will train your body to recognize that you are preparing for sleep, which will help you to fall asleep easier.
10. Use your bedroom for sleep only. Do not work or do any other tasks in your bedroom if possible. If your bedroom is used only for sleep, then you will associate the room with sleep, which will aid in falling asleep faster and sleeping deeply.
11. Get out of bed and engage in a non-stimulating activity, such as reading until you feel sleepy again. Sometimes lying in bed when you are not able to sleep makes it more difficult to feel sleepy.
My friend has migration. She is suffering from 2 years. She used many medicines but no improvement. Please give a solution.
My blood pressure normally has been 130 /90 From last 15 days it has come down to 115 /65. What could be cause of the same. Remedy I suffer from sleep apnea I also take.
I am feeling helpless. I have no hope left in this world to live I cannot share my feelings and can go to consult a doctor pls help what can I do I am suffering from insomnia too.
Greetings doctor My brother ananth is suffering from autism. Is there any cure for autism? Recently he is getting fits also and he is hyperactive. He will not cooperate with us for any scanning or any kind of medical tests is there any institute or hospital for this kind of people or any residential hospitals kind are there? Please suggest Thanks in advance.
I am 40 years old and a recently done brain mri for migraine accidently detected enlarge pituitary gland of 13mm. Will it retract back to normal with oral medicines or surgical intervention is must.
Hi. I'm suffering from insomnia from 5 years. I have consulted many doctors but it became worse. I stopped medicine's from 6 months. I'm sleeping 3-4 hours. But from 1 week I'm not sleeping at all. Please suggest me some natural way.
If you are looking for a perfect natural remedy for migraine headaches, you should opt for a homeopathic treatment. Migraine is a form of headache, which is featured by headache on one side of your head. In some cases, the migraine pain is felt all over the head instead of just one side. The nature of this pain is throbbing, and is commonly caused from intense stress. Homeopathy is used widely for the treatment of migraine headaches, and is considered to be quite effective. Here is a list of the best homeopathic medicines which are used for the treatment of migraine headaches:
- Belladonna: This homeopathic medicine is ideal for the treatment of migraine, in which throbbing headache is the primary feature. The patient experiences a sense of fullness in his head. The headache worsens with exposure to sunlight. This remedy is also used for treating migraine headaches that occur because of catching cold or from exposure to cold, damp air.
- Nux Vomica: Nux Vomica is used for the treatment of migraine headaches, which occur because of gastric issues. Migraines developing from indigestion, piles, and constipation are cured using this homeopathic medicine. It is an effective remedy and provides quick relief in cases when the headache worsens after eating rich food or drinking alcohol.
- Spigelia: This homeopathic remedy is primarily used for treating migraine headaches, which are present on the left side of the head. It is known as left-sided migraine. The headaches are experienced over the head’s left temporal area, the forehead, and eyes. The sensation of a tight band tied around the head is felt or experienced.
- Sanguinaria Canadensis: This is an effective homeopathic medicine, which is used for the treatment of migraine headaches felt on the right side of the head. The pain and throbbing are experienced on the right side, starting from the back of the head and settling over the right eye. This medicine is also used for treating migraine headaches that occur in the morning and worsen during the day. It is good for migraine in women after menopause.
- Glonoinum: This effective homeopathic medicine is used for curing migraine headaches, which occur from excessive congestion in the head. The patient feels that his head has become bigger and will burst. He feels heat around his head, along with protruding eyeballs. This medicine is commonly used for treating migraine headaches, which occur from exposure to the sun for a long time.
If you are experiencing migraine headaches, you should fix an appointment with a homeopathic practitioner. He will observe and diagnose your headache, and prescribe you the best homeopathic remedies for your condition.
Cerebral ischaemia or brain ischemia is a medical condition that restricts the flow of blood to the brain, resulting in an unmet metabolic demand. This leads to limited oxygen supply in the brain, which could result in the death of brain tissues, cerebral infarction or an ischemic stroke. Thus, a cardiorespiratory arrest, a stroke, and irreversible brain damage are few possible consequences of cerebral ischaemia.
People with compressed blood vessels, low blood pressure, congenital heart defects or sickle cell anaemia have a high risk of developing cerebral ischaemia since compressed blood vessels or very low pressure can lead to restricted blood flow. Also, sickle-shaped cells have a greater tendency to clot, causing obstructed blood flow.
Patients with cerebral ischaemia experience a host of symptoms, such as weakness in the body, problems with coordination and movement, vision and speech impairment and unconsciousness.
Cerebral congestion, on the other hand, refers to the excessive quantity of blood in the brain vessels, causing pressure on the cerebral substance. Cerebral congestion is of two types. It is termed as active when there is too much arterial blood flow and passive when there is undue quantity of venous blood in the veins of the brain. Both conditions cause symptoms, such as a severe headache, insomnia, irritability and unconsciousness. The patient gets little sleep and is disturbed often followed by dreams. When awake, the patient’s mental activity in the brain is very high.
Homeopathy is now a well-established school of medicine backed with years of research and practice. Gone are the days when homeopathy was considered no more than an extension of herbal home remedies.
Homeopathic laboratories around the world produce a large number of medicines covering almost all ailments. The benefits of homeopathic treatment are now well established due to its holistic approach and minimal side effects. Homeopathy is undoubtedly a ray of hope for patients with cerebral ischaemia and cerebral congestion, as it delivers a comprehensive treatment plan designed to target the signs and symptoms of the disease and address its non-occurrence.
The medications deal with mild to severe symptoms, including inflammation of the brain, headache, vomiting, insomnia problem, stroke/convulsions and seizures. The stramonium drug, for example, deals with seizures. Belladonna is an effective remedy for sharp shooting headaches, a common symptom of cerebral congestion. Ferrum is believed to be a valuable remedy for brain ischaemia. Few drugs deal with the symptoms of both ischaemia and congestion—nux is a suitable drug for the treatment of ischaemia as well as for passive cerebral congestion. Similarly, phosphorus can be used to treat brain ischaemia and congestion. Zincum metallicum is a highly recommended drug for chronic cases of ischaemia.
The treatment is comprehensive and long term and shows substantive results. Regular follow-ups and consultation with a homeopath specialist is the key to an effective treatment.