Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ashima MalikYour feedback matters!
Dr.ashima malik is one of the best gynac.. had a wonderful experience mam..
I have sucked vagina for the first time and I am not sure about the hygienic of her vagina. What can be the worst side effects? I did it for a minute almost. Please reply. Thanks in advance.
I am aged 73 and my wife is aged 67. My wife has pacemaker and also had some skin rashes around her vaginal area. For the year or so she is getting affected by urinary infections. She has undergone for treatments for the same. We have sexual intercourse ones a fortnight or a month. After the intercourse her urinary infections seem to get repeated. What can be done to overcome the problem.
My weight is 69 kg my height is 5.3 my now my weight is stuck. I having a pcod problem pls suggest me diet chart. Regards.
I am 26 years old I got married in 2013. Now we are trying for a baby we are trying from last 6 months. But can not get result. So would you please tell me what was the reason for that. I am worried about that.
I am 24 Year, recently I got marry but in started my periods, periods are irregular. But in few days I checked from the gynac for this problem. But he said you have a PCOS and they told they does not cure properly. Actually I ask for you PCOS is cure or not and I have child but in future problems are getting or not.
The fourth day of Diwali is celebrated as Annakut to thank God for his benevolence. Govardhan Puja is one of the primary rituals associated with this day. The legend behind this festival is centred around a hillock named Govardhan which Krishna lifted to shelter the people living there from torrential rains. Thus, it is celebrated by making small mounds of cow dung that symbolize the hillock and prayers to Lord Govardhan. Cow dung in India is not treated as mere excrement, but has a number of uses. Primary amongst them is the burning of dried cow dung cakes as fuel to cook food in rural households and provide heat. Cow dung is also an excellent fertilizer. In many places, cow dung is also added to mud bricks so as to strengthen the brick and prevent disintegration.
According to Ayurveda, cow dung is germicidal and has healing properties. To this effect, cow dung is mentioned a number of times in ancient Indian scriptures.
1. Cow dung’s antibacterial properties make it a good natural disinfectant. Using cow dung to disinfect an area involves coating the floor with a paste of fresh cow dung. This practice is followed in many rural households throughout India. Burning cakes of dried cow dung are also said to repel insects and mosquitoes.
2. Cow dung is also said to have mood enhancing properties. It contains bacteria named Mycobacterium vaccae which is responsible for activating neurons that produce serotonin. Seratonin is a neurotransmitter that contributes towards making a person feel happy.
3. Dried cow dung is also used to make disinfectant soaps. Some of the ayurvedic practitioners also use cow dung to treat skin ailments. However, you must keep in mind that cow dung does contain bacteria and hence should not be applied on skin that is cut or raw.
4. Even the ash produced by cow dung has beneficial uses. This ash when added to pond water is also said to balance the acidity in the water and regulate pH levels. Dry ash absorbs oil and fat and hence is also used as a cleaning agent.
Here are some other medicinal uses of cow dung:
1. According to some ancient scripts, cow dung ash can be used to strengthen gums and clean teeth.
2. Cow dung is an excellent disinfectant and mosquito repellent. This is the reason why the walls of the houses were coated with cow dung in the ancient times.
3. The cow dung can be used a body back in order to detoxify the body.
4. It is also said to be very helpful in preventing pimples.
5. Cow dung is also known to improve blood circulation.
6. It also helps in keeping the infections from spreading.
7. Ayurvedic medicines made out of cow dung also work wonders in treating indigestion problems.
However, if one chooses to use cow dung to treat an ailment or cleanse the body in any way, it should be done only under the supervision of an Ayurvedic doctor.
Actually my periods are irregular from past 4 year now a days when I missed my period time, my weight increase and my body looks so fat I don't know why this is happening. My mother is suffering from thyroid but she is so thin.
Many women experience stress incontinence during some time of their pregnancy or post pregnancy. The experience of incontinence varies from woman to woman and it is caused due to stretching of muscles and tissues that support the uterus, bladder and womb. It is also caused due to the weight of the growing baby in the womb as well as due to hormones. The tissues and muscles mainly represent the pelvic floor and on the birth of a baby, these pelvic floor muscles get stretched even more.
What you should know?
- Stress incontinence is not a problem post pregnancy and especially once the child is born. However, some women continue to have issues at times due to weakening of pelvic floor muscles.
- It is the weakening of the muscles that causes incontinence of a bladder which is overactive. Incontinence can also occur, if the fine nerves that surround the bladder are damaged at the time of delivery.
- Women having problems controlling their bladder are more likely to have stress incontinence during pregnancy.
Simple treatment options to treat stress incontinence
- There are some simple treatment options that can be followed to control urinary incontinence during pregnancy. The simplest option is definitely managing the fluid intake as well as scheduling visits to bathroom at regular intervals. In this way by setting a proper schedule, stress incontinence can be treated.
- There are medical devices also available that help to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles and that can be used, if incontinence is persistent. The medical device can be used to block the urethra. The other simple option that can be effectively used to control incontinence post pregnancy includes toning the affected tissues and muscles. The urethra can function in an improved manner and any incontinence can be minimized after child birth by performing the Kegel exercises regularly, which provide great benefit.
The foremost symptom of stress incontinence includes urine leakage and that happens at times when a woman is physically active, coughing, sneezing or while having intercourse. It is very important that a woman urinates when she feels the urge and does not hold it. In this way, the leakage of urine will be reduced. It is also essential that they avoid running around or jumping. It is advisable to quit smoking as it can reduce irritation of the bladder. Spicy food items, citrus fruits and carbonated drinks must be avoided as they can cause irritation to the bladder.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have regular bleeding from many days and doctor says take menoreg syrup n gynar cvp does it helps?
Consumed two I pills in a week can it be dangerous enough. I am much worried please give me a brief suggestion.
I am having irregular periods, how to make it regular, what shall I eat or do, I am having thyroid problem and I am doing regular exercise, and having medicine for thyroid too. Please advice simple and easy way for the same.
I have sex with my girlfriend. I gave her unwanted 72 after 60 hour. What are the side effects of this medicine.
I am 32 years old. And I am married from last 2 years and 6 months. Last year I got miscarriage. And now we're trying from last two months but no result found. Kindly suggest me something to conceive a baby.
Hello my age is 22 years female. My problem is related to gynecology. From this year january I am having irregular periods. That means in jan I did not had my and in feb I had it with heavy pain (usually I dnt have much pain) and in march I did not have and again in april I had my periods and in may it did not happened. Also during this time I gained a lot of weight. Current weight: 65.8 kgs Height is 5'3. Pls help?
Me and my wife got intimated around 2 months ago, its been 1.5 months her periods got delayed. But in pregnancy kit she always gets negative. What should we do now? How should we confirm that she is pregnant or not?
Since time immemorial, Ayurveda has been used for treating various ailments including injuries such as wounds and cuts. Medical treatments have made immense advancement in the past few decades, but the age-old Ayurvedic treatments for wounds and cuts have still not gone out of practice.
One of the biggest benefits of Ayurvedic medication is that they don’t have any side effects. Ayurveda is the best options available when you want natural treatments of your wounds and cuts.
Let’s have a look at some of the best known Ayurvedic treatments available for you.
- Turmeric: Turmeric powder is one of the most popular herbs that are used to heal injuries. It is best known for its antiseptic characteristics. If there is an inflammation, apply turmeric paste on the affected area for steady and quick recovery. Turmeric kills the bacteria and also ensures that the wounds heal faster.
- Tea Tree Oil: This is another great option for healing wounds and preventing infections. The antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic features of tea tree oil are well known and they are being used in other forms of medication as well. Crush a few tea tree leaves and apply it on the cut or you can apply tea tree oil for 4-5 times a day on the wound.
- Potatoes: These common vegetables have great healing capacity. Apply a mashed skin of a potato directly on the affected area and cover it with a soft and clean cloth. Keep it overnight and clean the area with salt water next morning to disinfect. This will sting a little but will ensure quick healing while being an antiseptic.
- Aloe Vera: You should grow this plant within your house on small pots as this has many medicinal properties. One them is being an antiseptic as well as a promoter of healing. Break open a leaf and you can apply the gel within it directly on the affected area of the skin.
- Coconut Oil: Apply coconut oil on the affected area and cover it up with a band-aid. Repeat the process twice or thrice a day and you would be astonished to see how quickly your bruises disappear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.