Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Arunkumar Babulal ShahYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from foul smell of urine, like ammonia come from body every time please suggest treatment.
She is having a stone in her kidney. She have a severe pain in her stomach. She don't know that what medicine will cure her soon. Please suggest some medicine which will cure her problem.
My mother aged 63 years suffering CKD from last 3 years and on dialysis since Oct' 2013. But now she is too much irritated. Can we apply another therapy on her like ayurvedic, hakeemi or naturopathy. Is it responsive?
Four months passed turp. Urine is clear. Urine flow is slow. Urine passes slowly. Penis is not standing. Sir suggest me.
The structure responsible for production, transportation, storage and excretion of urine form the urinary tract. Kidney, ureters, bladder and urethra are structures involved in urine formation and excretion process. Kidney filters nearly 3 ounces of blood, removes waste materials every minute. When these get infected with entry of any micro organism or any other pathological condition, then the person gets urinary tract infection (UTI).
Causes and symptoms
Urinary tract infections are more common in women than men because of the small size of the urethra (4cms) and also because of the squatting position of voiding. Entry of organisms like bacteria, viruses and fungi are the major cause of UTI. The person may experience burning sensation and pain when voiding, fever is indicated when the infection has reached the kidneys or prostate glands in male. Other symptoms include pain in back, ribs, nausea and vomiting.
Though antibiotics are used to treat the present infection there are increased chance of getting the recurrent infection. So it is best advised to follow the preventive measures to stay away safely from getting infected
- Drink plenty of water nearly 2- 3litres of water per day and urinate when you feel the need , don’t control or resist voiding when you feel the urge as this may give room for the organisms to grow well
- Urinate after sexual intercourse. change the birth control measures if UTI is a recurrent problem
- Wash front to back, wipe off thoroughly after emptying the bladder so as to prevent the entry of organisms into the urethra.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes. Always prefer cotton inner garments and loose fitting clothes so that air entry keeps the area moist and free from bacteria.
- Cranberry juice works best and it is the natural treatment for bladder infections. Cranberries have a special substance that can avoid the entry of E.coli into the bladder, but it does not have much effect on recurrent UTI infections. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir I am 47 years man from 3-4 days I had strong pain below abdomen and also burning urine I meet some doctor he prescribed medince for 5 days but I didn't had any relief in pain and from yesterday I had blood urine. Fully blood and at present. In Dubai for my job .again I went to. Doctor and he asked for blood test where I learned my serum. creatine is 1.36mf/dl I. Never had any medical history before I have hypertension since 7-8 years and intake tenormin 25 mg daily Am allergic to. Brufen and its salt Please guide me what should I domhaving pain again Today Am worried about my health as is any disorder in my kidney Do I need to come. Back. India for treatment is there any serious problem. Please guide Thanks
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
Sir, From my childhood I am very black. And my physical condition is too bad. There is stone in my stomach. whenever I eat spicy. I experience a bad stomach pain.
I have a question that I am suffering from urine infection very frequently, felt pain when urine is passing.
He feels burning sensation at the tip of his penis while urination. Specially after sex. Once he had suffered from ghanorea also Kindly suggest something.
Dear sir, I am 45 years old female. Its lumen is normally distended & a large calculus of size 21. 4 mm casting acoustic shadow. Its wall is normally thickened (0.48 cm). Ultrasound Murphy's sign is positive. Please Suggest what am I do or if any medicine you may suggest. Thanks.
I am 48 years old. I have many problems in my body. Obesity/urine infection and gastric problem and headache.
I have 3 mm stone in left kidney Sometimes it pains What should I do ? Is it possible to break it and leave from kidney without surgery.
I feel I have problem of acidity. When I eat food. Instant forming gas in stomach. And sometime need to go to toilet.
What makes us to pee I mean for a normal person if he drinks 2to 3 glass of water in morning then is it normal to go to pee 2 to 3 times thereafter. I go to exercise to the garden daily but I felt need for going to urination even when I had pee before leaving for garden from also before sleeping I go to pee but still I had sensation after 10 min that I should go to pee. What might be the reasons also suggest me some home remedies and exercises to get rid of this. I am 22years.
Just below my belly button on the left side it hurts a little when I want to poop, sometimes it hurt when I want to pee alot, also my anus hurt a little when I'm pushing the stool, when this pain occurs it feels like I have to poop and then I go and poop, the stool is little soft, what could be the reason. (It only hurts when I want to poop or pee sometimes) sometimes I cart when the pain occurs.
Urinary incontinence, commonly known as loss of bladder control can really cause embarrassment. The severity of this condition may range from once in a while leaky urine to the sudden and forceful urge to urinate, due to which you end up urinating before reaching the toilet.
Types of Urinary Incontinence:
- Stress Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate due to sneezing, coughing, laughing or while doing physical exercise
- Urge Incontinence: When you feel the urge to urinate, suddenly. This may occur during the day and even at night.
- Functional Incontinence: When you cannot reach the toilet on time because of a physical or mental impairment.
- Mixed Incontinence: When you involuntarily urinate due to more than one incontinence
Stress incontinence is the most common type in women. The activities which increase your risk, are:
You have had more than one pregnancy and vaginal delivery.
You have pelvic prolapse. This is when your bladder, urethra, or rectum slide into the vagina. Delivering a baby can cause nerve or tissue damage in the pelvic area. This can lead to pelvic prolapse months or years after delivery.
Female urinary stress incontinence is the involuntary release of urine during any physical activity that puts pressure on your bladder. This potentially embarrassing condition differs from general incontinence in that it happens when the body is under immediate physical stress. Activities that can put stress on your bladder include coughing, sneezing, laughing, lifting heavy objects, or bending over. This condition is particular to women, many of whom experience symptoms after muscles have been weakened due to a vaginal childbirth, following menopause, or during pregnancy.
Ensure that you consult a doctor:
- If this condition hinders your day to day activities
- If the urinary incontinence is the result of a serious underlying problem
Causes of Urinary Incontinence:
Urinary incontinence may be temporary or permanent. Causes for temporary incontinence are-
- Caffeine and caffeinated drinks
- Decaffeinated tea or coffee
- Spicy and sugary foods
- High intake of Vitamin B or C
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Causes for Permanent Incontinence are:
- Old age
- Prostate cancer
- Enlarged prostate
- Neurological disorders
Chronic urinary incontinence can lead to certain complications like:
- Skin Problems: Skin rashes and infections can develop around the vaginal area, because of the constant wetness one feels. It may also cause sores.
- Urinary Tract Infections: Urinary incontinence can also result in UTI
- Impact on Personal and Social Life: Urinary incontinence can lead to great embarrassment, thus affecting the social and personal life of an individual.
Treatment for Female Stress Urinary Incontinence:
There are several types of treatment available. Treatment options include lifestyle changes, medications, nonsurgical treatments, and surgeries.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make regular trips to the restroom to reduce the chance of urine leakage. Drink fewer fluids and avoid activities such as jumping and running.
- Medications: Medications that reduce bladder contractions.
- Nonsurgical Treatments: Kegel exercises strengthen your pelvic muscles. Done regularly, these exercises can strengthen your muscles, allowing you to control when urine is released from your body.
If other treatments fail, you will have to go for surgical treatment. Types of surgery include:
- injectable therapy, in which collagen is injected into your urethra to reduce incontinence
- tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) surgery, in which mesh is placed around the urethra to give it support
- vaginal sling surgery, in which a sling is placed around the urethra to support it
- anterior or para-vaginal vaginal repair surgery to repair a bladder that is bulging into the vaginal canal
- retropubic suspension surgery to move the bladder and urethra back into their normal positions
Some doctors even try electrical stimulation and medication. When the condition is highly advanced interventional therapies and surgery is recommended.
Some interventional therapies are:
- Bulking material injections
- Botulinum toxin Type-A
- Nerve stimulators