Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Arun MehraYour feedback matters!
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am my beautiful face is to bad some dust problem please give me some lotions names I will use that improve my face levels.
I am 22 year old girl, I have many tiny pores on my face which is filled by white heads instantly. please tell me durable and if possible natural remedy.
My daughter is of 3 years. From past 1 week she is having anal pain mainly while sleeping.in a day she will tell pain 4-5 times. Had given her medicine for worm two weeks back. No pain while passing stool/urine. No blood stain. She's getting a relief when she sits. What do I need to do? No redness outside her anus.
I have skin problem. My facial skin is much more dark than the skin all over my body. My skin is more darker around my eyes and nose.
Acne is a skin condition that leads to breakouts like pimples and other eruptions on the skin, including whiteheads and blackheads. In very severe conditions, an acne breakout may come with pus filled boils too. An acne breakout happens due to various reasons. Inflammation of an infected sebaceous gland leads to this breakout. This infection and consequent inflammation can take place due to hormonal changes, poor diet, as well as high testosterone levels and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Dirt and grime that clog the pores and dead cells that have not been washed off properly can also cause these breakouts. So what kind of skin care regimen can you have in order to prevent acne? Read on to know more.
- Cleaning Acne Prone Areas: You must wash the acne prone areas with soap and warm water at least twice a day. If your case has been very severe in the past, you can even use a medicated soap to wash the neck, shoulders and back as sometimes, acne spreads to these areas as well. Concentrate on the face and remember to clean it to remove dust, grime and other irritants that come from pollution. If this is not done on a regular basis, the particles can block the pores and lead to infection where the dead skin cells play a major role.
- Makeup: If your skin is acne prone, you can use non oily makeup or avoid it on a daily basis, if you can. Non oily makeup does not irritate the sebaceous glands, which can end up secreting excessive oil leading to acne breakouts. Non oily makeup and skincare products are known as non-comedogenic, which do not clog the pores. Also, you must remember to remove your applied makeup carefully before you go to bed, so that the pores are clean and get a chance to breathe rather than getting infected. Further, your old makeup needs to be thrown out regularly even if the products do not come with an expiry date. Invest in new makeup every few months and clean your brushes regularly too.
- Sweat: After a particularly intense workout session or after a run, you must remember to wash you face and take a shower so that the sweat and oil is can be removed, as these lead to breakouts if they are allowed to gather on the skin's surface and enter the pores.
Taking care of your skin with a proper cleaning and hydrating routine is as important is getting the right nutrition as well.
Related Tip: "All About Acne"
I am 69 years of age, and suffer from osteo-arthritis of the knee and enlarged prostate. Please advise line of treatment. I had a spinal implant 2 years ago, am undergoing treatment for mild hypertension, but all other physical and bio-chemical parameters are normal.
My face skin is looking like older n black and m having black dots on my skin so what should I do to turn my face to look white and shiny.
Hi. My age is 22 I am getting pain in my Anus when I go washroom. Usually I spent just 1 min in washroom but. From one month I am spending 4 min that to with pain. I never use felt like tag in my life. Pain is only when I go to shit. But not other times. I have heard about piles but. I am scared of that tell me what problem is mine.
My symptoms:- lump-pain in right testicle chest pain shortness in breathing Bone pains Frequant urination yellow urine headache my vision:- may be i am having testicular cancer stage 3.
Hello sir, My face color is more darker than my body color, what things I have to do to make it as fair as mine body. Please help me.
I have some chicken pox scares on my face during 1 month how get rid from that with medicine and some creams plzz tell me.
Red wine is a ladies' drink; if you are averse to alcohol, especially to its usual, piquant taste, you must have been suggested with the lightness of red wine by officious onlookers. That surely isn't a remote possibility when you are a lady and of age. Cautious introspection backed with years of medical or scientific research tells millions how wine, when consumed in moderation, helps improve a woman's physical health: the facet of mental health can be taken for granted as inebriation of most kinds results in mood elevation. It is therefore a ladies drink indeed.
While being perturbed about the health of your skin, the sagging cheek muscles, a double chin or wrinkles that start showing once women are in their thirties, you must have rarely conjured the image of a vineyard to relax and repair. A vineyard can actually be your key source to youthful skin. Take a look at the following points to believe the same:
- Red wine can act as an anti-aging intervention in case of both men and women. A glass of wine every day can keep a woman's skin young and taut while two glasses of the same drink can let a man enjoy the look of a young adult.
- Free radicals are active causes of aging. Red wine is rich in antioxidants and thus can do away with such radicals. Many use grapes and grape juice for a glowing skin. Grape juice is way less effective as compared to wine as the latter contains the seed and skin of the fruit during fermentation. The fruit as a whole has polyphenols such as resveratrol that can successfully counter free radicals.
- If you are a health freak and insist on going by a Mediterranean diet, wine is part of your regular diet. You will experience the benefits in a few weeks' time.
- When consumed in a measured and controlled manner, red wine can reduce the chance of contracting breast cancer. Wine sharpens your mind while you age; your cognitive faculties therefore do not rust.
- Red wine can make your skin glow from within, unlike any other wine, as white wines have only a little amount of antioxidants.
- Your skin feels young and rejuvenated on drinking red wine as the drink aids arterial functions of the body. Thus proper blood circulation is ensured.