Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Aparna M. PhadkeYour feedback matters!
From when should I start giving papaya and its seeds to control the birth after having unprotected physical relation.
My problem is irregular periods. I am in stress to this problem. Please help me to out of this problem.
Laparoscopic surgery is also known as minimally invasive surgery. It leads to a lesser amount of pain after the surgery, and therefore requires less medication also. It reduces the possibility of hemorrhage, thereby, lowering the possibility of requiring blood transfusion. The smaller length and depth of the incision also means that the patient recovers from the surgery faster than usual. There is also a lesser chance of contracting infections because a larger number of organs remain unexposed and therefore uncontaminated. Laparoscopic surgeries also cause smaller, lighter scars once the surgery wound heals completely.
However, as with any surgery, complications may occur during the course of laparoscopic surgery.
- Wound infection: Even though laparoscopic surgery is minimally invasive and the possibility of contracting infections is considerably less, the wound is capable of getting infected. Hence, it is essential to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene recommendations provided by the concerned medical staff. It is also assumed that the surgeons would prevent this possibility by maintaining strict protocols regarding this issue on their part.
- Bruising: After surgery, depending on the type and duration of the procedure, the patient is always advised to follow certain restrictions regarding mobility and restriction of normal day to day functioning. These rules must be followed in order to prevent the possibility of bruising after a laparoscopic surgery.
- Hematoma formation: A hematoma is an accumulation of blood outside the blood vessel. This is not normal at all and requires urgent inspection and treatment. This is a relatively common complication that happens after a laparoscopic surgical procedure. Precautions are taken by surgeons to avoid this but it may still occur. It needs to be diagnosed early, and then the bleeding vessel needs to be emobilized selectively in order to reduce any further complication of this type.
- Anesthesia related complications: To prevent anesthesia related complications during laparoscopic surgery, it is essential that procedures related to the airways, ventilation, analgesia, antimetics are followed in the preoperative state.
- Injury: Any injury that may be inflicted on the blood vessels present in the walls of the abdomen or on the sidewall in the pelvic region, as well as injuries in the bowel area and the urinary tract. Proper protocol must be followed by the doctor to avoid such complications as much as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
Dear sir, I am 30 years male, married before 3 years, we trying conceive a child but unable, I had consult doctor and came to know that I have zero sperm count before 2 yrs, as per dovtor advice I hv done testicular biospy and found partial arrest, then I did my microscopic vea by urologist (andrologist), but same result till now, I am have good time sexual relationship with my wife but now I am hopeless. Please help me.
What is the solution if a small part of uterus comes out through vagina and creates problem for urine excretion? Please advise.
I am planning for pregnancy my periods were on 10th June last month and this month I got periods on the 14th July just for only 2 days. Are there any chances of getting Pregnant?
I have my last menses on 29-05-15 I did not get date till now. I have a 2 years boy and we dont wont to commit a one more child now what shall we do please suggest us thankyou.
I am 23 years old I have one male kid and I want some gap for next baby so can I use mala D tablet as contraceptives pills is there any side effect.
Hi, I am not getting my periods since 4 months. I faced same issue one year back also then I consulted one gynae and she asked me to eat some tablet. I ate that and later for few months my periods were normal. Now again I am facing the same issue. I went through thyroid test ( normal), urine test ( normal), and few other tests also. Everything was normal so the doctor told because you have stress or some hormonal imbalances it may be possible. But I don't want to eat those tablets again. Can you guide me what can be the reason? My age is 23 and I am overweight(but I did not have this problem before last year). Thanks
Hi, I got married last year. As my periods are irregular I have gone to a gynecologist and she told I have pcos and gave krimson 35 for 3 months for getting periods regular. After having 3 months course of that tablets what we should do? Can you please suggest something to get pregnant earlier.
I had protected sex three times at different time on february. My last periods was on 23 of jan and today is 24 of feb still no sign of periods I got head ache and my breasts feel full I am naturally overweight but nowadays I feel full too. Head ache, my normal state of mind and body is always in stress and delay of my periods is making me super stress please help me.
I am 24 years male. I have a gf and I had done sex at 8 Jun but that day at night she had periods But now this month at 3 July she had came period again but the period time is short only one day and now the white water come from her Vagina So I want to know that what is problem and she will not be pregnant.
WE COMPLETE 8 YEAR OF MARRIED LIFE BUT NO CHILD WE HAVE TILL DATE MY AGE IS 39 AND MY HUSBAND IS 40 YEARS OLD. NOW doctor SAYS EGG NOT PROPERLY MATURE AND I HAD TAKEN MANY MEDICINE BUT NOT conceive TILL. MY PERIOD IS NOT REGULAR ITS CAME AFTER 1.5 MONTH OR IN TWO MONTHS OR ABOVE. We live in delhi and we both doing private job.
I am 24 years married women. .Iam a homemaker and last year I was not well due to hypothyroidism and pcos .and this year I am completely alright still I have to take medications or I can stop medicines for pcos treatment as Der are no symptoms. .for Thyroid m taking thyronorm tablet and for pcos m taking metformin and folic acid. .do I need more medicines or should I do scans and test again?
My wife's mc average period is 31 day n average length 3 days. How to make sure when my wife ovulate and when sex after know. Do I sex daily day or night or gap between the period. Is it back entry is safe.
Sir Ek ladki 15 year ki uski CT scan bhi normal mind ke test bhi normal breast ka xray bhi normal h. Usko saas lene me problem hoti h. Usko kai baar jhatke aate h jisme uske hath par marne lgti h saas muskil se aata hai breast se pain start hota h usko 2mg ki nind bechani dur krne ki dwai jibh niche rkhni pdti hai phr wo thik ho jati h. Uski bimari smjh ni aapa rhi hai, please help. Thnx.
I am 25 years old women I don't have regular periods I try many things but it did not work can you please help me?
No matter what your desired weight goal may be, you should never starve yourself to lose weight. This slows down your metabolism and is counterproductive. Eating a balanced meal along with exercise is the best diet plan. However, there are some foods that should be avoided.
- Aerated drinks: Aerated drinks like sodas and soft drinks are equivalent to junk food. They do not offer any nutritional value and can lead to weight gain instead. Aerated drinks have a high sugar content that influences the blood sugar levels. Aerated drinks also often leave you feeling thirstier instead of hydrated.
- Processed foods: Processed foods should be avoided whether you are on a diet or not. They contain preservative and harmful chemicals that can harm the body. They also have a high sugar content and unhealthy fat content. Processed foods include chips, pasta, pizza, burgers, noodles and cookies that can easily be made at home using fresh, healthier ingredients.
- Added sugars: Simply eliminating sugar from your diet in the form of jams, sweets, breads and cakes can have a big impact on your weight. Added sugars do not include food that is rich in natural sugars like fruits. Manmade sugar has no nutrient value and is very high in calories. Brown sugar or honey is a much healthier alternative to processed sugar and can be used to replace it.
- Deep fried food: The healthiest of ingredients if cooked in an unhealthy manner can rid it of nutrients and pack on calories instead. Deep frying should be completely avoided if you are trying to lose weight. Deep frying makes food difficult to digest and leads to fat absorption. Instead, try grilling or steaming your food or eat it raw if possible.
- White flour: White flour can lead to high blood pressure, cholesterol and weight gain. Instead replace white flour with whole wheat flour or oats to make it healthier without interfering too much with the taste.
- Desserts: Most desserts fall into the category of food to be avoided as they are heavy on sugar content and made with white flour. Many desserts also use a lot of creams that can lead to cholesterol problems.
However, not all desserts fall into this category. Ice lollies are a viable alternative to ice creams while muffins and frosting free cupcakes made with whole wheat flour can be used to replace pastries and cakes. Chopped fresh fruits are the healthiest way to end a meal on a sweet note. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.