Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anup Ramani
Submit a review for Dr. Anup RamaniYour feedback matters!
She is having breast pain for the past few days. She got her xray and sonography done. But yet doctors find nothing wrong. Is there any way to cure her.
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
sir after prostate operation two years back i am ok now and taking Trio Olmighty40,Amlong,MINIPRESSXL5mg tablets my bp is 120/80 i am feeling normal shall i continue it or seek further guidance pls reply me
My husband is 40 years old. He is suffering from leiomyosarcoma with 5.5 cm tumor on his leg. Please suggest
I am a 39 year old female. I have noticed lump type formation on the sides of breast which appears and disappears automatically, please suggest medication for the same.
My aunt is 44 years old for the past 7 months she is suffering from both breast and nipple pain in nov 2017 on the advice of gynecologist she did sonomemoraphy for both breast and the report was few tiny cysts in right breast parenchyma and minimal duct ectasia in left retroareolar region the gynecologist told that it is fibro cysts and she told to take evion 400 mg for 2 months but still the pain was there then the doctor suggest for tab simrose 500 mg for 1 month but still the pain was there now again the doctor has suggested for tab codesoft 800 mg for 10 day. My aunt is worried for the pain and she is scared also in future she might get breast cancer or whether it is due to hormonal imbalance. Pl suggest a perfect and truth answer from the breast specialist. Full history she has given waiting for favorable reply from at least 4 to 5 specialist. Thank you.
Good morning, I am Dr Dinesh Singh I am director of Radiation Oncology at Max Hospital, Vaishali. Today we are going to discuss about cancer, the cancer is a group of about 100 disease different diseases and it is basically the cells they start developing, multiplying and then they do not stop first they grow locally and there and then they spread out to different parts and what are the different symptoms of the cancers, well it depends upon which part of the body the cancer is developing like we are discussing about the brain tumors that the patient might have difficulty in vision, he may be having headache, he may be having vomiting or he may be having fits. Then to further investigate we need do a contrast study of the MRI then we diagnosed and then we keep recording it. For head and neck cancers like they can wear ulcer or a soar which doesn't heal, there can be a change in the voice the person might have difficulty in swallowing or so these are the early symptoms of cancers originating into the head and neck area. Then we further investigate we take a biopsy and then we diagnose the patient. For breast cancer, the earliest symptoms is a painless lump usually in Cancer in early stages pain is not there, so whenever there is a lump in a breast it should be investigated to allowed cancer. More than 90% of the lump in the breast on cancerous but it should be evaluated and cure, when we come to the lung cancer the common symptom is a mild cough. So any cough which is not getting the cure for more than two weeks it should be taken seriously it can be tuberculosis, it can be cancerous, so it has to be evaluated and investigative. Talking about the GI cancers of the intestinal cancers, well it present like indigestion or the patient is not getting well some might discomfort in the abdomen. So any problem persisting more than 2 weeks should be investigated by ultrasound, by endoscopy and then we do it. Carcinoma of the rectum and anal canal usually present with a bleeding associated with the stools or without stool should not be confused with the piles because they have the same presentation. So any problem persisting for more than 2 weeks is the thumb rule has to be investigated diagnosed and they have to be treated. Once we see that there is a problem then what we do we have to do an investigation and the first investigation is the biopsy many times a general people they have a false notion that if a biopsy is done then cancer will spread, well it is absolutely wrong. The biopsy is a must and it does not spread cancer. Thank you.