Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Anjali Firasta
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali FirastaYour feedback matters!
I am very thin, wana gain weight nd built good physic. Bt im vegetarian so can not eat meat, egg, fish which are rich in protein so gve me advice wat to eat and stay healthy.
Is soybean seeds are good for muscle gain if eaten every morning .I want to gain weight and muscle quickly in a month .can you suggest the best option without any side effect.
Sir I hav joined gym 4 months before & I do it regularly, but I do not have good result which I want. & I also eat good food like eggs, milk,cheese, banana but my muscles not growing. Sir is my TESTOSTERONE level is normal.
Why women put on more weight on lower body.
Women usually have a hard time losing weight as compared to men. It could be attributed to the fact that men have more lean muscle mass and a higher resting metabolic rate. Women store fat differently - more of it goes to their thighs, buttocks, and hips, where it is harder to shed.
I am suffering from diabetes, recently I have got sugar attack ,now I am recovering ,but my mental problems are increasing. While lying on bed I always used to shake hand and making counting to 1 to 100. I am also having cough problem. Please tell me good cough syrup ,cough problem is increasing day by day. I am feeling breathlessness while taking to any body. Please help me to improve my mental health.
I am a 45 year old lady, for some time I have noticed fat around my stomach. I take 3 slices of bread with butter in breakfast, 2 chapatti, abowl of dal vegetable, curd salad and alittle rice for lunch, then dinner I have 2 chapattis and a bowl of vegetables. Usually I do not have anything in between. Sometimes I have sweets after dinner. I go for 15-20 min walk every day with my dog. Please help me to reduce belly fat.
I am suffering from diabetic last 4 years I am using zylor m2 medicine but I am to take IME-9, Is it safe for me.
If you are being treated for Parkinson's disease. How can you maximize the effect of Levodopa? The effect of levodopa can be maximized by increasing its absorption from the digestive system. In particular, taking levodopa on an empty stomach is very important.
- Take on an empty stomach: Do not eat anything 1 hour before taking levodopa. Do not eat anything for at least 30 minutes and if possible 1 hour after taking it. Take the pill with 2 glasses of water so that it can dissolve. If taking the levodopa on an empty stomach makes you nauseous, confirm that your medication has the right amount of carbidopa in relation to the levodopa (25%). If you continue to feel nauseous, you can eat a piece of white bread around the time that you take levodopa. Do not apply any butter, yogurt, cheese or similar high protein spreads. Protein can drastically decrease the absorption of levodopa.
- Get your constipation treated: This is critically important too. Being constipated can slow down the passage of levodopa through the digestive system. In most patients, drinking adequate water and taking stool softeners is helpful.
- Get your ulcer treated: It can be difficult to recognize that you have a gastric ulcer. However, if you have a burning sensation in your stomach at any time, or belch frequently, you may have a gastric ulcer. If you think you have an ulcer you should get tested (there is a simple breath test now) and treated with antibiotics (not antacids!)
- Do not take levodopa with iron tablets: The iron binds to levodopa and prevents its absorption. Keep a gap of at least two hours between these two medications.
- Try taking levodopa with orange juice and carbonated water (soda): Mix equal quantities of orange juice and carbonated water (soda). Take your regular levodopa with a glass of this preparation instead of water. The carbonated water hastens disintegration of the tablet, and the acidity of both things helps in levodopa absorption. There are special tablets of levodopa (dispersible levodopa, Madopar) which can be dissolved in this preparation. Talk to your doctor about it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!