Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Anjali Firasta
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Anjali FirastaYour feedback matters!
Sir My sister's physical growth is not proper. She continuously loosing her weight. She is very weak now. Now she looks like a little girl at the age of 21. We already consulted many doctors. But her condition is going worse and worse.
I am student and last 2 years was weight is loss between the 56 to 41 weight loss. I Wii be weight gain. please help me.
Is bitter gourd or karela good for high cholesterol?
A glass of karela or bitter gourd juice is what most people with diabetes start their mornings with as it helps to control blood glucose levels. The anti-diabetic properties of karela make it a popular health drink with those who are at risk of diabetes or are diabetic. However, what most of us are not aware of the cholesterol-lowering properties of karela. Yes, bitter gourd is good for people with hypercholesterolemia or high cholesterol level.
How does karela lower cholesterol?
According to a study published in the journal of bmc complementary and alternative medicine, it was confirmed that karela acts as a potential supplement in the treatment of hypercholesterolemia and its associated disorders.
High cholesterol levels are associated with type 2 diabetes, atherosclerosis, cardiovascular disease and liver diseases. Karela contains compounds which not only act at the enzyme level but also help in eliminating excess cholesterol stored in the liver.
How to use it?
Karela has been widely used as a herbal medication which is not only safe but also used to avoid side effects of various medicines.
You can eat karela as a vegetable and also choose various forms of karela that are available in the market including juices, churna, capsules and tablets.
Here’s the correct way to use karela:
- Karela juice: take 10-15 ml of karela juice and add the same amount of water. Mix and drink it on an empty stomach once a day to reap its benefits.
- Karela churna: take 1-2 gms (which accounts to around a quarter to half a teaspoon) of karela churna add a teaspoon of honey (if you are not diabetic), make a thick paste and eat it. Do this twice a day preferably after meals.
- Karela capsule: you can have 1-2 capsules twice a day, preferably after meals with water.
- Karela tablets: take 1-2 karela tablets twice a day with water after meals.
However, it is wise to consult your doctor or an ayurvedic expert before taking karela in these forms.
Dear sir my sis had all type of diabetic side effect wil you please suggest me to get her in good health.
I want to become healthy. How can I become healthy because I eat as much as I can to become healthy but I there is not much effect of it on my body. So what can be done?
For all the fitness fanatics, watching their calorie count is one of the most challenging tasks that they are confronted with. While carbohydrates are among the highest sources of energy and crucial for the well-being of a person, excess of carbohydrates might lead to a significant amount of calorie gain. It is precisely for this reason that many who intend to lose the kilos, often have to give up on rice. Rice has always featured as the staple of a lot of cultures and yet it is universally considered baneful for those on a diet. Substituting rice isn't an easy task considering it is integral to many cuisines and is also one of the most widely preferred dishes. In that regard, customized diets and replacement products have emerged as a boon in their lives. One of the best replacement foods, creating waves in the culinary world is cauliflower rice.
1. Low in calories: Unlike rice, cauliflower does not amount to a high calorie gain while imparting essential nutrients to the body. Cauliflower is rich in fiber that cleanse the digestive tracts, it also contains vital antioxidants like vitamins A, C and D and therefore, purifies your system from within. It is packed with anti-inflammatory properties, thus providing the required amount of energy without adding to the unwanted fats.
2. Controls diabetes Rice is often perceived as a stimulant of diabetic conditions. Since cauliflower increases the protein intake of the body and averts the consumption of unrefined carbohydrates, it substantially reduces the chances of insulin spike. Switching over to cauliflower helps in abetting the dreaded diabetes, an ailment that afflicts a large section of the modern lives.
3. Tasty to eat: Unlike most bland diet food like the spaghetti squash, cauliflower does not make you crib and crave for some buttery indulgences. When cooked with like couscous, it can be all light and fluffy, ideal as a side dish to curries. Whereas, when served in salads, raw cauliflower can be fairly toothsome and crunchy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.