Doctor in Anjali Firasta-Diet And Nutrition Counsellor
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Anjali Firasta-Diet And Nutrition CounsellorYour feedback matters!
Friends, we are going through difficult times and everybody is feeling unhappy because life and time have become so difficult and fast that a person is forced to think.
A person is thinking but his body is suffering, because of tension based lifestyle, the total story is changed. All the time person is engrossed in something or other and at times he doesn’t know even, whether he is coming or going. All this is putting pressure on the person, with the result he starts going to the specialists for his ailments and what he gets is palliative treatment. For his ailments, as long as he takes it, it’s ok, the moment it is stopped the ailments come back again and if he continues with the drugs, the ailments take a different turn meaning thereby one ailment give rise to another ailment with the result the chain continues without any respite. That means there is no cure at all because the origin i.e. thinking is not changed at all or has not been cured and so ailment continues in some form or other and ultimately gets out of hands.
In times now a person is surrounded by basically three factors
Friends, tension is a very small word but has a deep meaning. If a child is not doing well, the parents have tension, if a husband is not doing well wife has a tension, if a husband and wife are quarreling then the child has a tension.
These days what is happening in society is also a cause of worry. It is not only atmospheric pollution which definitely is a cause for physical ailments but it also results in mental confusion and tension because when the body is not well, the mind is distracted. Apart from this, under the guise of modernization and modern thinking the society is getting perverted which is mental pollution.
With modern gadgets in life, which are meant for simplifying it, the life has become more complex and in the rat race of the competition the person again gets stuck with the result the part of the body which is the weakest gets affected first and that is the beginning of the illness. It can be either heart, liver, pancreas, joints or anything.
It is just the thought process which is causing all this and to cure all this with mental symptoms is by Homoeopathy only, where the treatment is that of a person, not of specific part of the body which is the basic principle of homeopathy, which is safest amongst all pathies of the treatment.
Myth 1: Homeopathy is unproven science.
Fact: Homoeopathy (sometimes also spelled homeopathy) is based on experimental pharmacological and clinical data. Over the years, homeopathic medicines have been extensively studied for their efficacy in a variety of indications. Clinical studies have been conducted in India as well as other countries. In fact, the term 'Allopathy' was coined by the founder of homeopathy whom the allopaths regard as the founder of experimental pharmacology.
Myth 2: Homoeopathic medicines are only sugar pills which act more as placebos and have no medicinal value as such.
Fact: Yes, the white sugar pills, as such do not have any medicinal value. But these act as vehicles or carriers for the medicines, which are alcohol based. Otherwise, the medicine can be taken directly or dissolved in water. Homeopathic medicines have been scientifically studied the world over and found to be effective in a wide range of diseases. Thus they are not placebos.
Myth 3: Homoeopathy is slow acting and cannot be used in acute cases of diarrhea, fever, cough, cold, etc.
Fact: Homoeopathy is fast acting in acute cases and can be effectively used in treating infections, fever, cold etc. Unfortunately, people tend to go to a homeopath only when the acute problem becomes chronic. Naturally, these cases take longer to treat. Also, most people take recourse in homeopathy in cases of arthritis, allergic asthma or skin conditions etc., which take a longer time to treat with any other system of medicines.
Myth 4: Homoeopathy is a 'magic remedy' that can treat any disorder.
Fact: Homoeopathy, like any other field of medicine, has its limitations. For example, it cannot treat cases where surgery is unavoidable, dental cases, etc.
Myth 5: Homoeopathic doctors are quacks who do not have formal training in the field of medicine.
Fact: Qualified doctors practice Homoeopathy, in most parts of the world. In India, there are over 180 medical colleges, which offer degree and post-graduate studies in Homoeopathy. At present, there are over 2, 00,000 trained homeopaths in the country.
Myth 6: One has to follow strict dietary restrictions while on homeopathic treatment.
Fact: Some patients are asked to abstain from onions, garlic, coffee, tea, alcohol etc. as these substances interfere with the action of certain homeopathic medicines. But then, restricting alcohol and tobacco is also safe and healthy.
Myth 7: Homoeopathy is only useful in chronic cases.
Fact: Very often it is - where everything else has failed! But the true reason for this perception is because people turn to homeopathy so late when everything else has failed! After years of allopathic treatment often an illness becomes chronic. The treatment will now naturally take longer than in case of using homeopathy right from the beginning.
Myth 8: Homoeopathy cannot be used in diabetic patients.
Fact: It can! The minute amount of sugar globuli (the little round pills) taken daily does not matter. Sugar intake in the daily diet is significantly higher than that taken by a few globuli. In very severe cases, the dilution may be taken as drops in water or over lactose.
Myth 9: The homeopath gives the same white pills for all types of illness. How can they be really effective?
Fact: Depending on the illness, homeopaths medicate with different medicines. The sugar pills serve only as a vehicle for transfer of the medicine. The selected medicine, out of a range of more than 1200 different dilutions, is targeted to the individual problems.
Myth 10: Are there really no side effects of homeopathic medicine?
Fact: Generally there are no side effects of homeopathic medicine if prescribed in potencies of 3CH and above. However, some tinctures and triturates in very low potencies like 1x, 2x have some side effects of minor nature.
Sunflower seeds are actually considered good for health because of its nutritional value.
Benefits Sunflower seeds are rich in the B complex vitamins, which are essential for a healthy nervous system, and are a good source of phosphorus, magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium, protein and vitamin E. They also contain trace minerals, zinc, manganese, copper, chromium and carotene as well as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids - types of 'good' fat that may help to protect the arteries. Try them High in protein and low in carbohydrates, sunflower seeds make the ideal pick-me-up tasty snack.
Sunflower Seeds: Health Benefits
Sunflowers seeds have been ranked at the top of the nuts and seeds list for their high content of phytosterols or cholesterol-lowering compounds. These seeds are loaded with monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which are good fats that lower bad cholesterol. Besides, they are rich in fiber that contributes to lowering cholesterol in some people.
Due to their high content of dietary fiber, raw seeds of sunflower can aid in digesting food and even cure constipation.
Sunflower seeds have a high content of vitamin E, selenium, and copper that have antioxidant properties. As per research, these antioxidants prevent cellular damage that often leads to cancer. These nutrients prevent cancer by reducing and suppressing cellular damage from oxidants and protecting tissue from oxidant-free radical damage. Sunflower seeds can reduce the risk of certain types of cancer due to their high phytosterol content. They also contain a compound called lignans, which also protects against certain types of cancer. These naturally occurring compounds can inhibit the growth of cancer cells, thus preventing colon, prostate and breast cancer.
Vitamin E in sunflower seeds is the body’s primary fat-soluble antioxidant. This vitamin travels throughout the body neutralizing free radicals that would otherwise damage fat-containing structures and molecules like cell membranes, brain cells, and cholesterol. Thus, vitamin E exhibits significant anti-inflammatory effects, resulting in the reduction of diseases caused by free radicals and inflammation such as asthma, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Controls High Blood Pressure
Sunflower seeds are a rich source of vitamin E. This vitamin helps protect your skin from harmful UV rays and give a glowing skin.
Prevents Hair Loss
Sunflower seeds also contain vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) which is not only crucial for the absorption of zinc but also has some hair loss preventing properties. These properties can be attributed to the ability of vitamin B6 to boost oxygen supply to the scalp. They are also the best dietary sources of copper which are involved in melanin formation. This pigment is responsible for imparting color to your hair.
Ways to Use Sunflower Seeds
- Add them to Bread
- Sprinkle them on Baked Goods, soup, salad, burger, noodles
- Add them to Vegetables
Right quiz to take. Is food your boss?
1. Do you obsess over thoughts of food? yes/no
2) do you consume a large quantity of food to the point that you feel sick? yes/no
3) do you feel anxious while or after eating, which leads to further eating? yes/no
4) do you tend to eat on the sky or when you are alone? yes/no
5) do you tend to hide food when you see someone approaching? yes/no
6) would you rather eat your favourite food than socializing? yes/no
7) do you go on eating binges a couple of times a week or more? yes/no
8) do you tend to hide your favourite food in your room or cupboards so that nobody finds it? yes/no
9) do you lack self-control while eating? yes/no
10) do you tend to overeat when the food is in front of you? yes/no
If a maximum of yes then for sure food is your boss.
Say no to sugar to lose weight
Added sugar is one of the worst ingredients in the modern diet. Most people consume way too much.
Studies show that sugar (and high-fructose corn syrup) consumption is strongly associated with an increased risk of obesity, as well as conditions including type 2 diabetes and heart disease
If you want to lose weight, cut back on added sugar. Just make sure to read labels, because even so-called health foods can be loaded with sugar.
Basil (Tulsi) has magnificent healing powers. From warding off some of the most common ailments, strengthening immunity and fighting bacterial and viral infections to combating and treating various hair and skin disorders, just few leaves of the Indian basil can help resolve a host of health and lifestyle related issues.
Health benefits of basil (leaves):-
1) rich in antibacterial and antibiotic properties, it cures fever, cold, cough and respiratory conditions.
2) the antioxidants and essential oil presents in basil helps reduce the risk of diabetes.
3) reduces LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and keeps heart healthy.
4) relieves headache and migraine.
5) reduces the risk of stomach ulcers and cures stomach ache.
6) enhances the functioning of kidney and helps expel kidney stones.
7) has anti-cancerous properties.
8) helps soothe the nerves, regulates blood circulation and fights free radicals produced during an episode of stress.
Consumption of basil:-
1) begin the day with basil green tea. Add a few basil leaves in boiling water. Add green tea and sip alternatively, basil leaves can be sun-dried, crushed and added to green tea.
2) add it to stir-fried vegetables. Add basil along with mint and flaxseeds in curd and enjoy it as raita.
3) tomatoes have the most classic pairing with basil.
There are 5 different dimensions or zones which can help people become aware of their communication. The five zones are:
- Sensations: This zone includes a sense of touch, smell, sound, sight and taste. Intuitive sensations come from a person’s internal world. Nonverbal information can provide useful feedback about our effectiveness in communicating with others whereas verbal words can confirm or disconfirm them.
- Thoughts: This zone looks at meaning one makes out of one’s interactions. We mostly see the world not how it is but how we are and filtering it through our belief system. Our interpretations help us understand the world, but can lead to incorrect conclusions so it is important to be open about other person’s thoughts and ideas.
- Feelings: This zone is about our emotional reactions to what we experience. Our feelings are predictable and rational. Awareness and understanding of one’s feelings and others are required for one’s own identity. Feelings can be positive, negative and mixed. Whether to express them or not is another important aspect in relationships.
- Wants: This zone is about our intentions. Our wants are based on what we need and expect. They reflect our core values and help us organize and motivate action. Three types of wants are to be, to do and to have.
- Actions: This zone is about our behavior. Action often speaks louder than words so therefore, we need to pay attention to it when we communicate. So, to increase our awareness of our own behavior, it is essential to ask others for feedback or to take the perspective of an outside observer.
If we are trouble or confusing situation, these dimensions can be used to understand and deal the situation. These zones provide brainstorm insights and options to solve problems quickly and efficiently. Whenever nonverbal and verbal inputs indicate that something is wrong in the relationship then start with any dimensions of communication that comes into your conscious and one by one later focus on all 5 zones and proceed around the model to resolve the problem.