Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Anjali DevalYour feedback matters!
I am a 28 years old female and I had unprotected sex on my 6th day of periods. Now I am unable to guess if I can get pregnant or should I take any contraceptive pills? What should I do? Please help.
Hello Dr. last month mere delivery c-section howa tha what to eat what not to eat please suggest me mother is telling to drink lots of water is it true. Please advice.
Vitiligo: 10 Important Facts
Vitiligo is a disease in which the pigment cells of the skin are destroyed in certain areas.
Symptoms and signs of vitiligo include loss of skin color in the form of depigmented, or white patches of skin in any location on the body.
Vitiligo can be focal and localized to one area, or it may affect several different areas of the body.
The exact cause of vitiligo is unknown, although mostly believe that it is an autoimmune condition in which the body's immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys certain cells within the body.
Most people who have vitiligo will develop the condition prior to age 40; about half develop it before age 20.
Vitiligo may have a genetic component, as the condition tends to run in families.
Vitiligo is not painful and does not have significant health consequences; however, it can have emotional and psychological consequences.
Some treatments can reduce the severity of the condition, but it can be difficult to cure.
There is no known way to prevent vitiligo.
There are some home remedies which may improve appearance.
Its been 1 month and 20 days since delivery but my wife faces the problem that she attains sudden high fever with sever pain in all bones and body and feels shivering cold. This happens almost after a week or 3-4 days. Doctors are not diagnosing any thing. Please doctors need serious help.
I am 2 time pregnant just now I have completed 2 n half month I am taking the iron tablet plus calcium I will uncomfortable just my stomach remain tight n it feel heavy why this happen.
I had sex with my boyfriend before 2 days. After that I am feeling tired and stomach pain is starting not so severe but there is a pain which is not continuous hate to eat. Is this says am pregnant ?
Hypertension or high blood pressure is common in pregnant women, even in those who have no previous history of high blood pressure. This leads to complications in about 6 to 10% of all pregnancies around the world. High blood pressure may develop before or after conception and as such needs special medical attention.
Hypertension prevents sufficient flow of blood to the placenta and this inhibits the normal growth of the fetus. This could result in low birth weight of the child. However, if diagnosed in time and treated properly, hypertension does not affect the child's health too much. There are various types of hypertension during pregnancies, such as:
- Gestational hypertension: This type of hypertension is developed about 20 weeks after conception. There is no abnormality in urine or any signs of other organ damage (as is common with hypertension during pregnancy) but the condition can worsen and complicate very quickly. Pregnant women below the age of 20 and above the age of 40 are often diagnosed with high levels of blood pressure. Women who have heart or kidney conditions before pregnancy and women carrying more than one child are also likely to develop gestational hypertension.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is high blood pressure which develops around 20 weeks before conception and does not normalize within 12 weeks after childbirth. The patient may also have been suffering from high blood pressure for a long time but the complications appear only during pregnancy because high blood pressure rarely exhibits symptoms without an associated condition.
- Chronic hypertension superimposed with Preeclampsia: Women who have hypertension before pregnancy may develop even higher blood pressure levels during pregnancy. This leads to several health disorders like frequent headaches, fatigue and depression.
- Preeclampsia: Preeclampsia is often a serious complication of gestational pregnancy and affects about 5% to 7% of all pregnancies globally. Gestational pregnancy does not always develop into preeclampsia but it needs to be diagnosed and treated in time to avoid the complication. Women who have conceived for the first time or have a history of hypertension in the family are at a greater risk of preeclampsia. The symptoms of the condition are throbbing headaches, blurred vision, nausea and vomiting, pain in the upper abdominal region and shortness of breath.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi' my girl friend breast is too large 36" she is 28 years and her weight is 70 kg and she is 5'7" There is any kind of problem is her breast.
My wife age 28 facing infertility problem from 2 years Dr. Suggest for tube test is it safe. What should I do If tube found block or in working condition. What is the next step I take after tube test. Can HSG test can open block tube and helpful for my wife to getting pregnant Pls reply.
Hi sir / Madam I have one girl friend So we are doing sex sometimes. Actually problem is my GF's Virginia dirty smell that time. So what can do.
Few days before I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend if can case I having sex with my wife would it cause hiv to us pls help.
5 Facts Every Pregnant Women Should Know About Her Baby
1) A pregnant woman usually starts to feel her baby's movements /kicks for the first time around 16-20 weeks of her pregnancy. Although the baby starts its movements inside the womb much earlier but they are too small to be noticed. These movements are described by women as a flutter/ swish/ discrete kick/or a roll.
2) Gradually these movements acquire a regular pattern and achieve a maximum intensity around the 32nd week. Adequate and strong fetal movements as perceived by the mother are a sign of good health of the baby. Any substantial decrease in your baby's movements from 28 weeks onwards till the onset of labor pains should be reported to your doctor for further follow up.
3) Fetal movements are affected by a number of factors. Women usually feel the maximum movements when they are lying on their side in a quiet room instead of standing or walking. Also, the movements are perceived more in the evenings rather than mornings.
4) An anteriorly placed placenta or intake of alcohol or sedating drugs may decrease the perception of baby's movements. There is some evidence that the movements may also decrease temporarily for one or two days after you have received the antenatal steroids for baby's lung maturation. A reduced or absent fetal movement from the very beginning may indicate some nervous system or neuromuscular abnormality in your baby.
5) There is no set count of what constitutes a normal movement count. It is advisable that instead of absolute counts, one should just keep an average at the back of your mind. Any gross decrease from the previous days is of concern. If you have any doubts about the adequacy of your baby's movements after 28 weeks, it is advisable to go to a quiet room after a meal, lie on your side and watch for movements for 2 hours. If you feel less than 10 movements, then visit your doctor for a check up.One must remember that the baby also has a sleep cycle lasting from 40-80 minutes when the baby quietens a bit but beyond that one must be able to feel good movements.
I am 15th week pregnant. Is it safe to sex during pregnancy what are the benefits of that? I am afraid it might effect the baby.
How often have you heard the aphorism "An apple a day keeps the doctor away" and wondered if it is any close to the truth? Well, studies reveal that eating this delicious fruit everyday day may not cut the number of visits you make to the doctor. However, it definitely helps in keeping your pharmacy bills at bay due to its numerous health benefits. Read on to find how apples are true to the modified saying 'An apple a day keeps the pharmacist away'.
1. Fights type 2 diabetes: Apples are known to alter circulating glucose levels to a minimum amount. This helps in controlling your blood sugar level. What more, researchers have reached the conclusion that biting into an apple everyday results in one third less chances of developing type 2 diabetes among women.
2. Provides protection against cancer: Apple is rich in natural pigments known as anthocyanins, flavonoids including quercetin and rutin, phenolic acids like ellagic and ferulic acids and the antioxidant glutathione. These components are very beneficial in preventing cancer. Moreover, apple peel contains triterpenoids, which prevents the growth of cancer cells in liver, breast and colon.
3. Reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases: A recent study reveals that inclusion of ample amounts of soluble fibre into your diet slows down cholesterol-rich plaque build up in your arteries. Plaque build-up in arteries are one of the causative agents of coronary artery disease. Apple, being rich in soluble fibre and containing quercetin (which protects lining of the blood vessels), diminishes the chances of cardiovascular diseases.
4. Prevents cataracts: Apples are good sources of antioxidants. Long term research on peoples’ food habits show that satisfying your appetite with this ripe fruit can make you 10 to 15 per cent less prone to developing cataracts.
5. Helps to maintain your weight: Tired of being overweight? Then you should definitely switch to apple bites everyday as they keep your weight on check. The high fibre content of apples is responsible for this as they serve as a filling food option without being loaded with calories.
6. Aids liver detoxification: Horrified of the toxins that get into your body daily with the intake of any kind of food? Just relax, as doctors say that the best liver detox diets for your body comprise different types of fruits including apples.
7. Reduces cholesterol levels: A medium apple is known to contribute five grams of fibre to your daily diet, which exceeds most cereals. Besides, apples contain the cholesterol reducing soluble fibre pectin in abundant amount. Cholesterol build up in the lining of blood vessel walls is prevented by pectin which lessens the likelihood of getting atherosclerosis and heat diseases.
8. Gives you better immunity: The presence of an antioxidant named quercetin has been proven to be effective in heightening the efficiency and strengthening your immune system. Also, biting into a succulent apple regularly frees your body from various infections.
So, you age old myth did not become so popular without reason. Now that you known apples can be major contributors to your good health, go get a basket of them quickly for you and your family!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.