Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Anand KulkarniYour feedback matters!
Sir I hv a heavy hair fall. I am using almond oil with onion juice over night. Is it a right method to control hair fall. If not please suggest.
Hello. I am 22 years old .female. have thyroid since 8 yrs. My ht is 5'2 .my wt is 70 kg. Increased weight, depression, over thinking, anxiety. These are my problems. Please provide proper solution for my problem.
I am pregnant 5 months I am doing marketing job. I have to travel to distance . Any problem to baby when I am traveling . Some times I got back pain . please tell me what I do?
L have a lil migraine problem from last two years. And I often face problems during study. Please suggest me what should I do to relieve form this problem.
In order to get healthy hair, it is necessary that the hair are nourished with enough amount of healthy nutrients. While there are a lot of good solutions that could be directly applied on the hair to get healthy and shining hair, food also plays a vital role in making the sure that the overall health of the hair is maintained.
Here is a list of 20 best and worst foods that can enable a person to maintain healthy hair:
- Salmon: Vitamin D and protein are the best ingredients for a healthy scalp and hair. The Omega-3 fatty acid found in salmon keeps the scalp hydrated and accounts for a healthy shining hair.
- Beef: Beef is a rich source of zinc, protein, iron, vitamin B and numerous other minerals. All these ingredients help in maintain a good and healthy hair.
- Prunes: Prunes may not helps with bowel movement, but are a great dietary source for improving hair texture. They also prevent hair discoloration, thinning and loss of hair.
- Green tea: Green contains polyphenols that help in keeping the scalp healthy. Daily intake of green tea can improve the overall health of the hair. Applying green tea on the scalp also helps to get rid of dandruff.
- Carrots: Due to their rich vitamin A content, carrots maintain as an even flow of sebum that keeps the scalp moisturised. A healthy scalp translates into healthy hair.
- Eggs: Egg contains vitamin B and biotin. These are vital components as far as the health of scalp is concerned. Biotin makes the hair shiny and improves the overall health of the hair.
- Leafy vegetables: Green vegetables such as lettuce, spinach and broccoli are some of the best sources of vitamin C and vitamin A. They help in sebum formation and moisturise the scalp.
- Brown rice: Brown rice has fibre, protein, and vitamin. Studies have shown that regular intake of this kind of rice can keep the scalp healthy.
- Oysters: Oysters are a good source of zinc that helps in the production of a hormone known as androgen. The latter can address hair problems such as dandruff and hair fall.
- Walnut: Walnuts have multiple health benefits. Due to their rich content of vitamin E, copper, biotin, and omega 3 fatty acid, they can quickly address the problem of hair loss and improve hair texture.
- Cottage cheese: Cottage cheese has low-fat content and is a great source of protein and calcium. It can improve dull hair in a short span of time.
- Green peas: Green peas contain iron, vitamin, zinc, copper, iron and such other important ingredients. They maintain the health of the scalp and the hair for a long term.
- Lentils: lentils can be consumed 2-3 times in a week for an even flow of oxygen in the scalp. The folic acid present in the lentils also ensures quick hair growth.
- Bell peppers: Bell peppers are a very good source of vitamin C. They ensure even flow of oxygen to the hair follicles ensuring hair growth and preventing hair damage.
Worst foods for healthy hair:
- Swordfish: Swordfish possesses a high level of mercury and is considered to be extremely harmful to the health of scalp resulting into hair loss and hair fall.
- Diet soda: Diet soda contains sweeteners that have aspartame as a component which is responsible for dull hair and loss of shine and texture of hair.
- Sugar: Sugar hinders the absorption of protein in the body. It is especially harmful to the hair follicle which needs protein for its general health. It should be avoided as much as one can in order to ensure healthy hair.
- Alcohol: Alcohol has multiple disadvantages. It dehydrates the scalp; hinder moisturising slows down the rate of zinc absorption in the body. It is one of the major causes for the loss of hair.
- Fast Food: Fast food contains processed fat and excessive fat. This can clog the hair follicles and results in hair loss.
I am a 30 years male, I got some throat infection on 19th april and followed by some fever and cold with lot of sputum and a little cough, although after some paracetamol and antibiotic fewer has subsided but the sputum and cough continues please help.
I am getting fat and despite spending 3 to 4 hours in either gym or playing out, I seem to be retaining the weight which is 88. I tried cutting my diet, didn't help.
Lybrate | Dr. Amitava Bhattacharya speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY