Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Anahita ChauhanYour feedback matters!
Hiii. My friend is 24 years old. N got married last year. But she is unable to conceive. Her all test reports are normal. So what she do to conceive.
My age is 26 Year and I have sex with my bf 2 year ago now I have got a marriage, mujhe dar h ki mere husband ko pta na lg jaye.
If we do anal sex then there can be any chance of being pregnant. Bcs I did that last night Please sir tell me.
Meri mumy ka baccha dani nikalta hai. But eri mumy bhaut darti hai operation se so koi aise technique nai hai jisse binna operation ese nikala ja sake ya ese set kia ja sake. I also love my mother so much more den my life so please suggest me what i can I do in detail. She is 56 years old.
I am a 23 years old girl. I missed my period by a week, I suspect pregnancy. Please suggest me an oral medicine for abortion. Kindly assist.
If ny wife is already pregnant but we don't want baby right now .plz tell m the method except abortion please suggest some other methods she is 1 mnth pregnant only Can I give him pills? mifepristone kindcname it has.
I am 30 years old and stopped getting periods from last few months even though am not pregnant. Please suggest any medicines to help balance hormones and to regulate periods.
Being a female is an icon of responsibility in many perspectives. The female figure shares a huge responsibility in the family (husband, kids, other members), society, self, workplace etc. Hence it becomes necessary that a woman must understand what all arrangements she needs to make herself comfortable during days when she is going for laparoscopic surgery and after surgery.
Normally admission in the hospital is done one day before the surgery. During the day of surgery, you can be discharged if your clinical condition is fine. Usually it takes, on an average, 2-3 days of hospital stay. U need to make arrangements at home for 2-3 days when you are absenting from your respective responsibilities.
Before you leave for hospital, for the surgery
- Make sure that you have informed your absence at a particular place (e.g. workplace, family etc) for specific time period.
- If you have got an insurance then you need to complete your paperwork for claiming benefits of surgery from the same.
- You should stop taking all medicines / diets which has got tendency to thin the blood e.g. vitamins, natural supplements, any analgesics that may contain aspirin (salicylic acid) or any blood thinner medicines. This might increase chances of blood loss during surgery. Usually your surgeon makes notice of all these issues but, if missed by any chance, then you need to inform your surgeon about these.
- You need to arrange someone who can accompany you on the day of the surgery and can help during your stay at hospital. This person must be someone with whom you are comfortable because he/she may have to help you go to the bathroom, get dressed, etc.
- Arrangements of meals should be made beforehand, at your home. You can buy or prepare several meals ahead of time since after surgery you will feel weak and will not have the energy to cook.
- You should do your house cleaning and laundry beforehand.
- You should select comfortable clothing for your convalescence.
- You should select underclothing made up of cotton or satin as these textures will be less irritating to the wound and will allow you to slip out of bed more easily.
- You should prepare the part of the house where you will recuperate after surgery during the first few days. You can arrange clean sheets, pillows, heating pad, analgesics, reading material, remote control, telephone, etc at your selected place so that you can manage things easily.
- You can buy some good magazines, arrange few movies so that you can keep yourself occupied during your convalescence.
What to pack
Mostly the hospitals provide almost every required consumable. Still you should prepare your hospital bag and should go over its contents with the person who will be accompanying you so that he/she knows what you packed and where you placed the items. Make sure to pack the following:
- Health insurance and hospital cards
- Sanitary napkins
- Mobile charger and earphones
- Reading material
- Lip balm
- Absorbent disposable tissue paper
Pre-operative appointment with Surgeon
- You should ask all your doubts regarding the laparoscopic surgical procedure e.g. what will be done in surgery? what all I shall expect after surgery? what kind of anaesthesia I shall be receiving?
- You should understand the instructions given to you by your surgeon e.g. when to reach hospital? Where to reach in the hospital? When to stop eating? etc.
- You should ask your surgeon whether he /she will be providing video recording / intra-operative pictures of your laparoscopic surgery.
The day before surgery
- You should not wear any makeup, hairspray, body lotion or deodorant.
- You should remove nail polish, jewellery and contact lenses.
- You should wear loose clothing such a dress without any elastic at the waist.
- You should wear an undergarment so that no fabric rubs against your navel after the procedure. Also, make sure your panties are loose /comfortable or a size larger than you usually wear as they will be more comfortable if your abdomen is swollen.
- You should wear shoes that are easy to slip on and off since it is uncomfortable while bending, after the procedure.
- When you arrive at the hospital, try to relax. Listening to soothing music / watching movie will help.
After the surgery
- Once you are getting discharged from the hospital you should arrange a transport vehicle which has minimum tendency to give bumps when on road. In the vehicle, recline the seat and place a pillow against your tummy to absorb the shock of bumps in the road.
- Once at home you should avoid sleeping in day time. You should can keep yourself occupied with reading magazine / watching movies / listening to music etc. It is advisable to have a sound sleep in the night.
- Your abdominal muscles are expected to be discomforting for the first few days. You should take medicines as advised.
- Hold a pillow against your stomach if you sneeze or cough to lessen the pain.
- Your shoulders might hurt the first few days. You should sit in a reclining position and place a heating pad on your shoulders. When you feel better, walk a little around the house.
- To get out of bed, roll onto your side and then gradually sit up using your arms for support. After sitting wait for a while and watch for any giddiness. Giddiness is expected for a short while and should vanish in few minutes. Once you are stable then slip your feet out of bed and then stand up. Again, wait for a while and watch for any giddiness. Once you are perfectly fine then you should start walking.
- Feel nauseous is common due to anesthetic medicines given during surgery or the medicines you might be receiving. To combat nausea, you can try few measures: rub a pad moistened with rubbing alcohol under your nose, lie down, breathe through the mouth, suck on a mint candy, eat dry crackers or drink ginger ale.
- Diet should be gradually upgraded. You should start with liquids, initially, and slowly moving up to solid food. The anaesthesia and analgesics can cause severe constipation after surgery. High fiber foods are recommended to prevent constipation (e.g pears, prunes, asparagus, carrots, whole-wheat bread etc).
- You should drink at least 1.5 to 2 litres of water per day. Water intake helps in preventing constipation and helps in eliminating traces of the anaesthesia.
- After the laparoscopic surgery wearing tampons is avoided. As wearing tampon might obscure the significant bleeding.
- After the laparoscopic surgery intercourse / sexual activity is not prohibited till the surgeon recommends.
- You may shower 24 hours after the surgery. Try to avoid contact of water with the stitches as this might delay healing of stitches.
- After few days of surgery, you can apply vitamin E to the incision if the scar looks normal (and there are no signs of infection). Vitamin E promotes healing.
- During recovery if you develop a fever, have difficulty urinating or experience heavy bleeding, contact your surgeon immediately or go to the hospital.
- When you return to work, wear loose clothing and avoid wearing synthetic undergarments, which will irritate your navel.
- It usually takes about a week to recover from a laparoscopy, a common and minimally invasive procedure. The secret to a speedy recovery is to take the necessary time and means to regain your energy.
What is the best contraception method for people with an active sex life? How safe are the emergency pills?
I am 24years old female, newly married for 6months and I had sex with my husband 2days prior to my periods. I took the i-pill right in the morning and I take oral contraceptive on a regular basis. Can I get pregnant? My periods are delayed by 3days. When can I get My periods now?
M female 19 and my menstrual cycle comes within in 24 dayz with severe pain. What should be done in this case?
Irregular periods, with 4 to 5 months gap, less blood flow, anaemic, .pls tell me home remedies to improve blood.
Hello Dr. I am biku. Iam suffering by acidity gas problem in one year. Some time I feel bore of this problem. If I take some antacid then its feel better fot some day. Its happen cause of my irregularity. Now what should I do doctor.
My chums got delayed by around thirteen days. She recommended blood hcg, thyroid and ultrasound of internal reproductive organs vaginally which I am scared of. If chums have happened I can skip blood hcg I believe.
Although it might seem hard to believe at times, headache during the peak of physical intimacy is very much a real thing. These headaches can affect both men and women. Generally, the headache subsides after one or two instances, but in some cases, the headache might persist and become a chronic one.
You might experience a headache while performing any kind of a sexual act. The headaches are generally characterised by sudden and intense pain in the left side of the head just before ejaculation; it might start slowly and rapidly emerge into an intense one. A headache gradually wears you down after attaining orgasm and might cause disturbances in your regular sex life, if it happens to be chronic.
Although most of the headaches are benign, it is still advisable to get them diagnosed without delay.
Why does this happen?
- Although the exact reason is not known, doctors state that the headache might be a result of past history of migraine headaches or general headaches due to high levels of stress.
- Excessive consumption of marijuana, contraceptive pills and alcohol might also cause these headaches.
- The headaches occur as a result of rapid increase in blood pressure or the diameter of the blood vessel before the moment of attaining orgasm. Although, this generally occurs due to a weak vessel wall, however, if this headache becomes chronic or occurs in irregular time periods, it might serves as a precursor to serious diseases, such as brain inflammation, brain tumours, neck disease and low blood pressure.
- Also, if the headache is accompanied by symptoms like vomiting tendency, confusion and a rigid neck, you should check with your doctor to avoid further complications.
However, one can try and prevent chronic headache with the help of prescribed anti inflammatory drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.