Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Anagha S DeshpadeYour feedback matters!
My eyes r getting colored I mean light yellow color. So what I should do for my eyes should get normal.
My eye is aching from previous five days and water comes out continually m very afraid for that its very major problem for me suggest me the best way to come over it.
Vision is one of our most important senses. Reduced vision that triggers the need for corrective glasses is one of the most common disorders associated with the eyes. Crossed eyes are another such common disorder that affects the eyes. In medical terms it is also known as Strabismus. This condition is a result of miscommunication between the brain and the eye muscles that result in misalignment of the eyes. It is largely a hereditary condition and should not be confused with a lazy eye syndrome.
Crossed eyes can cause double vision and disorientation. Your depth perception may also be affected. It also causes eye strains and headaches that affect the quality of your life. This condition is seen mostly in children. If not treated in time, it can continue into the adult years as well. The development of crossed eyes in adults who have not suffered from this condition as children is usually a sign of a serious condition such as a stroke.
Some symptoms characteristic of this condition are:
- Independent movement of eye balls
- Tilting the head to a side
- Varied points of reflection in each eye
- Frequently bumping into things as a result of impaired depth perception.
Treatment for this condition can be surgical as well as non surgical. Non surgical treatment aims at strengthening the eye muscles and treating the visual system as a whole. The aim is to not allow the eye to become lazy or amblyopic. Wearing an eye patch over the strong eye and forcing the weak eye to be used is one of the most common form of this treatment. Corrective glasses can also be used to treat this condition in cases where it has been triggered by excessive farsightedness. In some cases, medication may also be injected into the eye to relax the eye muscles.
Surgery to correct this disorder involves correcting vision by strengthening or weakening the eye muscles. To do this, a surgeon must first make a small incision in the outer layer of the eyeball to reach the affected muscles. To strengthen the muscle a small section is removed from the muscle and the remaining part is then rejoined. This makes the muscle shorter and forces the eye to turn towards that side. Alternatively, the doctor may make a partial cut across the muscle to elongate it and let the eye turn further away from it.
I m 20year old. My eye sight is very low. I wear 5.75 number eye glass. How I can increase my eye sight naturally?
Hello Dr. I'm adarsh my eyes becoming week I'm putting my glasses but it's not improving wt I should do?
I have cold , if winter season starts means I suffered with cold and dry cough sometimes I can't able to breath properly in the night time I have pain in face and eyes also.
Intraocular lenses (IOLs) are medicinal gadgets that are embedded inside the eye to supplant the eye's regular lens when it is evacuated during cataract surgery. IOLs additionally are utilized for a sort of vision remedy surgery called refractive lens exchange. There is quite a large range of IOLs to choose from, in the modern-day market. The most newly developed IOLs are premium by category. (Learn more about Wearing and Caring for Your Contact Lenses)
Here is a list of all the new FDA approved IOLs which are extremely effective:
- Aspheric IOLs: Conventional intraocular lenses have a spherical optical configuration, which means the front surface is consistently bended from the focal point of the lens to its fringe. Despite the fact that a spherical IOL is generally simple to make, this configuration does not copy the state of the regular lens inside the eye, which differs in curvature from focus to fringe. At the end of the day, the eye's common lens is aspheric. Mainstream aspheric IOLs that are FDA-endorsed and accessible in the U.S. include: Tecnis Aspheric, AcrySof IQ, SofPort AO, and Softec HD.
- Toric IOLs: Toric IOLs are premium intraocular lenses that correct astigmatism and also partial blindness or farsightedness. Similar to toric delicate contact lenses, toric IOLs can redress astigmatism since they have diverse forces in various meridians of the lens. They additionally have arrangement markings on the fringe part of the lens that empower the specialist to modify the introduction of the IOL inside the eye for ideal astigmatism redress. Before the cataract surgery, the specialist places transitory markings on the patient's cornea that distinguish the area of the most bended meridian of the front of the eye.
- Accommodating IOLs: Accommodating IOLs are premium intraocular lenses that grow the scope of clear vision with both an aspheric configuration and adaptable "haptics", the supporting legs that hold the IOL set up inside the eye. These adaptable legs permit the obliging IOL to push ahead somewhat when you take a gander at close protests, which builds the centering force of the eye enough to give preferred close vision over an ordinary monofocal lens.
- Multifocal IOLs; Multifocal IOL is another classification of presbyopia-revising IOL that can diminish your requirement for pursuing glasses or PC glasses after waterfall surgery.
Like multifocal contact lenses, these premium IOLs contain included amplification in various parts of the lens to grow your scope of vision so you can see things unmistakably at all separations without glasses or contact lenses.
These new intraocular lens techniques are more efficient than ever and provide successful results for your vision.