Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amol Khot
Submit a review for Dr. Amol KhotYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old. Whenever I take spicy food, little bit not too much spicy still I am suffered from acidity and also a burning sensation? I have done all test like whole abdomen ultrasound or liver function test, but all reports are normal so what should I do? Please help me.
Sir, I'm having acidity as a big problem. I work out with heavy dumbbells to keep myself physically fit. Is this the cause for stomach pain.
Last December I fell something was blasting in my stomach and then I fell burning in my chest as well as in my stomach. I visit to hospital where doctors says it's gas no need to worry. Also my right side of stomach chest as well as my back was paining. After when I discharged from hospital in midnight I fell very uncomfortable and fear. Then I go to HYDERABAD for treatment. Where my endoscopy is doing blood test and chest X-ray. Doctors see the report and tell me that it's gas no need to worry. In January I visit to Hyderabad. But after April I fell stomach pain bloating and acidity sometime. Why? I was a very heavy smoker but I quit smoking in march. Is this happening due to quitting smoking or anything else? Please tell me is this normal or anything else? Two times my endoscopy is done but report is normal. I only take pentadoc tab.
My Weight is 45 and my age is 19 am too skinny. I am unable to eat much food. It can not be digest . I do not even do masturbate much. Still I am skinny my face became so thin. I am male.
My friend who is a female (22 yrs) is experiencing pain and trouble in excreting stool and is been experiencing it for last 15 days. Some blood also came with that before but now it not coming, but her stool is still coming hard. Please suggest some remedy of this problem and diet plan to.
The production of gas in the body is a natural process as long as it is within normal limits. Whether it makes you burp or causes flatulence, excessive gas can be embarrassing. Gas can also make you uncomfortable and can cause bloating. This is simply the buildup of excessive gas in the stomach before it is ready to be released. Here are a few simple tips that can help you prevent the buildup of excessive gas.
- Avoid eating gaseous foods: Beans, broccoli, milk, cheese and fruits like pears and apples; these are some of the foods to avoid if you suffer from frequent bouts of gaseousness. This is because they contain fiber and sugar that is difficult to digest and creates gas. If you cannot avoid them completely, try steaming them instead of frying or baking them. Some people may also react to certain food combinations such as fruits and proteins by producing gas. Keeping a food diary may help identify such combinations.
- Drink a glass of water before meals: Drinking water while you are eating can hinder digestion. When water mixes with solid food, it interferes with the way stomach acid breaks down food. Instead, drink a glass of water half an hour before your meals. In this way, the water flushes your system and prepares it for the digestion process.
- Eat slowly: Grabbing a bite on the go is one of the leading causes of indigestion. When you eat anything, ensure that you chew it properly and do not swallow large bites of food. This prevents air from collecting in your stomach and thus prevents gaseousness.
- Probiotics: Probiotics boost the production of ‘good gut bacteria’ that is essential for digestion. Probiotics can also help ease bloating. If you suffer from gas, try including probiotics like yogurt, pickles, kimchi and buttermilk in your diet or get yourself a probiotic supplement.
- A cup of chamomile tea: Chamomile not only calms the body but can also fight indigestion and gas. A cup of chamomile tea after a heavy meal helps speed up the digestion process. This helps relieve bloating, as the faster the stomach is emptied, the faster gas can move out of the stomach and into the intestines. Fennel, dill, peppermint and ginger can also be used as alternatives to chamomile.
- Digestive aids: Gas is a fairly common problem faced by a number of people and hence digestive aids are easily available over the counter. Look for medication that contains activated charcoal or digestive enzymes.
If gaseousness persists over a long period of time and is not eased by any of these remedies, consult a doctor at once.