Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Amit P MaydeoYour feedback matters!
How to keep liver healthy? I have lots of acidity problem kindly suggest methods for keeping liver healthy and strong.
My lever is weak and I have gastric problem continuously for 6 months. After eating a little I have pain in stomach.
Sir, meri problam ye hai ki mujhe latrain ke saath blood aata hai aur bahut pain bhi hota hai. Ye problem last one year se hai.
I have stomach upset. Ie gas ,irregular weight gain, sometime slight pain, felling of fullness and bloating of stomach.
Hello Sir i'm 19 years old. I am suffering from week digestion since last 7-8 months. I had tried every thing so far but of no use. Please help me to get out of this.
Solution for digestion problem. Early morning after eating breakfast .I felt like motion in my body.
Is it good for taking a spoon of patanjali gasher churna every day irrespective of having or not having gas. Does it have any side effects?
Hello Doctor, I am 25 years of old observer blood in after passing stool. I haven't felt any pain or burning at that time. I have haemorrhoids from 2 years. And its first time I experienced such symptom. What might be the reason for it? And will this be repeated again tomorrow?
In modern day societies of intense stress and work pressure, the average diet mostly comprises of street foods, packaged fast foods and processed foods. Such stress and overexposure to a lot of toxins (present in the processed food, fast foods, and street foods) disable the liver from performing its primary function of cleansing the toxic materials through the skin, the respiratory and the digestive system. Besides, this overexposure to toxins also disrupts bile formation, which hinders the absorption of necessary nutrients, resulting in a severe disruption in health. Also, liver is responsible for the proper functioning of the eyes, the brain, the kidneys and the joints in the body. Thereby, it is necessary to include these 7 foods in your diet which help to detoxify your liver from the excessive toxins and allow it to function properly.
- Avocado: Avocados contain a rich amount of the antioxidant glutathione, which helps the liver to fight against the toxins.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a rich amount of selenium and allicin, which helps to cleanse the liver. A little amount of garlic helps in the activating liver enzymes which in turn helps to eliminate the toxins from the body.
- Green tea: Green tea contains a rich amount of the plant antioxidant known as Catechin, which help the liver to function properly. It also helps to protect the liver from the toxins.
- Beets and Carrots: Beets and carrots contain a rich amount of beta - carotenes and plant flavonoids which help to regulate the overall function of the liver.
- Turmeric: A little amount of turmeric in your daily meal helps in the cleansing the liver by helping the enzymes to get rid of the toxic carcinogens.
- Green Vegetables: Green Vegetables like spinach, bitter gourd and chicory contains a rich amount of detoxifying components, which helps in the neutralization of heavy metals which in turn regulates the cleansing ability of the liver. Green vegetables also help in the simulation of the flow of bile.
- Grape Fruit: Grapefruits contain a rich amount of vitamin C and antioxidants which initiates the cleansing process of the liver. Grapefruits also help in the formation of enzymes that destroys toxins like carcinogens.