Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amdekar Yeshwant K.Your feedback matters!
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Child 4 years old does not sleep more than 3 hours a day. The mother has to keep awake. The child is bright otherwise. What is this problem? Will it have any long-run effects?
My son is 7 years old, on back side of his left leg, there is a light white line from hip to foot. Please suggests reason and remedy for the same, is this due to some deficiency ?
Unable to produce mothers milk to feed my 4 month's baby. Still feeding through powder mix. Please suggest how can I produce milk in my body.
My son is aged 12 years but he is very slim and short in comparison to his age group friends. He also throw out a lot of saliva from mouth while sleeping. Suggest some homeopathic treatment.
I am 16 years old boy I eat so many food but my health is not good. I eat so many nutritious food but not help me.
My son is one month old, he is passing watery faltus sometimes is it normal. Many people says it is normal in infants.
Q: My son is 7 month old 5.5kg he is low weight birth at the time of birth his wait is 1396 grams I want to concern about his diet what should we have to give him.
Children may run around having fun and growing in the process. Some children may be more active than the others and some may be more attentive at school. All children go through some sort of trouble while growing up. This is because of the drastic changes that the bodies of little children constantly go through. One such problem commonly faced by the children is bedwetting. This problem may be a common one, but it should be brought under control as soon as possible so that the children do not have to face social embarrassment as they grow older. Learn more to improve child's immunity system.
Apart from providing a healthy and happy living to the children, it may be essential to find a way of treatment that may not leave the child affected by the harmful ingredients of the regular allopathic medication. One of the safest and the most effective ways to be able to treat bedwetting is homeopathy. Homeopathy is a branch of medicine and treatment that works on the body of the user with the most natural ways. The medicines in homeopathy are made using basic ingredients from plants and other organic materials.
Homeopathy for children:
The use of homeopathy for problems that affect the children in particular is essential because of the fact that they have growing systems and the growth may get adversely affect with the strong and highly potent allopathic drugs. It is also important to understand the nuances of controlling the bedwetting issue in children and also know what the causes of the problem may be:
- When the children are highly fatigued, they may wet the bed due to the deep sleep that they may be experiencing after a tiring time.
- In times of winter when the cold is uncontrollable or much more than usual, it may be natural for some children to not be able to control their bladder.
- In a lot of cases, the children may also wet the bed when they have had a scary or traumatic experience.
Just as the causes of the problem are varied, it must be realized that the medications are also supposed to be administered according to the issue.
Homepathic medication for betwetting
Homeopathy is a stream of medicine that treats the body in the most delicate manner, which is why it is a safe alternative for children. However, it must also be ensured that proper medical intervention is attained to start a course of homeopathic medication as well, so that bedwetting may be treated within a desired amount of time and the child may feel free from the embarrassment of wetting the bed. Why homeopathy is best for children?
My daughter is of 2.5 years old in day time her health is okay but during night she is having cough a lot what should I do?
I have 4 months old daughter. It looks like like her one leg is shorter than the other. Is there any problem with this? what happens if one leg is shorter than other?
My daughter is 6 years old. She doesnt want to eat food. She is very light in wt 17 kg. She got fever four times in last six months and during fever she felt like vomiting. Lab reports suggested three times nothing and once minor urinary track inf. For which she was treated accordingly. She clatters her teeth while sleeping. She was given two doses of albandazole six mths back. Kindly suggest
A missing tooth can be responsible for causing different health issues. Along with these, a person loses his ability of chewing with missing teeth, develop problems related to speaking and his overall facial appearance also gets affected.
In case of a missing tooth or several missing teeth, it is best advised to get dentures fitted. Dentures are false teeth, which are fitted in the oral cavity in place of lost natural teeth.
Here are several reasons why it is important to fill up a missing tooth:
- Shifting of tooth: When a tooth is lost, the surrounding teeth start drifting or moving in the open gap where the lost tooth used to be. The surrounding teeth are shifted out of the alignment. This affects the appearance of your face, and your teeth seem crooked and misplaced. It is necessary to replace a missing tooth with dentures in order to restrict the shifting before it is too late.
- TMJ Syndrome: After a tooth is lost and the surrounding teeth start shifting, the alignment is changed. This gives rise to problems with biting and creates issues with the jaws. The upper jaw and the lower jaw fail to meet correctly, and this causes strain and damage to the jaw joint. This phenomenon is called TMJ syndrome.
- Decay of tooth and gum diseases: After the shifting of surrounding teeth when a tooth is lost, the teeth alignment changes. This makes it difficult for a person to reach several areas in the gum with a toothbrush or floss. This makes plaque and bacteria accumulate in that area and they cannot be reached or cleaned. Tooth decay and gum diseases or periodontal diseases that are likely to affect those spots. These diseases and disorders cause further tooth loss.
- Alteration in facial appearance: A missing tooth should be replaced properly and a dentist must make sure that the root of the missing tooth is removed. In case the root is not removed totally, bone deterioration is likely to occur. Bone loss occurs in the jaw area, and this may result in a change or alteration in your facial appearance. A timely replacement of a missing tooth will prohibit bone loss from the jaw area, and you will be saved from any kind of alteration in your facial appearance, which might affect your looks and self-esteem greatly.
A missing tooth should never be ignored and in case you lose a tooth, you should see a dentist as soon as possible. By filling up a missing tooth, you will be able to save yourself from several issues related to the mouth and gums.
Hello, My question is about my son aged about 10 years and his problem is, he has no control over his bowels/ he acts as he is unaware or what is his problem we are not able to understand, he will almost shit in his pants when he is back from school. He is not very regular in his daily motions, he will go in afternoon/ sometimes will not go will go the next day. He hogs on food particularly non-veg, Please suggest how to over come this problem.
My niece is 6months old. Doctor told to start solid food, now my sister is giving semisolid food. What else can we give to baby.
My 16 months son did not wave bye yet. He is 10 kg. He did eye contact after 5 months after births. His neck was little cross but right now it is cleared. Now he can crawl stand and try to walk but keeps little more distance in his two legs. I have consulted physiotherapist according to him my son shows symptoms of mild low tone. Please tell me is it 100% curable. Will it affect his future life like studding, games. I want to know will he can did other activities like normal kid. Please help what treatment should I follow.
My baby is 4 years old Has cold for last 3 months regularly. Its symptoms is like starting running nose then, blocked nose, then snoring, then getting heavy cough while sleeping, then chest cold, then get like cure. But not cure, again it will be start from running nose, blocked nose, snoring, cough etc. Its happening last 3 months randomly. We taken Levocitrize, asthalin, levolin (as per doctor advice) etc. Etc. But still not cure. Please advice what we can do? Thanks.
It is World Asthma Day. Let us all join hands and control it.
Remember 'Prevention is the best strategy'
Asthma is a disease of the airways in the lungs.
You can get asthma at any age. You can not catch asthma from other people. Many times more than one person in the same family has asthma.
Airways carry air to the lungs. Airways get smaller and smaller like branches of a tree.
When asthma is under control, the airways are clear and air flows easily in and out.
When asthma is not under control, the sides of the airways in the lungs are
always thick and swollen and an asthmatic attack can happen easily.
During an asthma attack, less air can get in and out of the lungs. People a cough and wheeze. The chest feels tight.
The sides of the airways get even more swollen, squeezed and start to make mucus.
Preventive medicines for asthma are safe to use every day.
- You can not become addicted to preventive medicines for asthma even if you use them for many years.
- Preventive medicine makes the swelling of the airways in the lungs go away.
Monitor the signs and symptoms of this disease and Be prepared.
Always have asthma medicine. Buy before you run out and Always carry your quick-relief asthma medicine with you when you leave home.