Find numerous Pathologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pathologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alkesh Ajmera
Submit a review for Dr. Alkesh AjmeraYour feedback matters!
The human hand is made up of 27 bones and a number of tendons and ligaments. An injury to any one of these bones or a disease that affects the bones and ligaments can make you experience excruciating pain in your hands. This pain can affect your ability to perform simple day to day tasks like holding a spoon or writing. Some common reasons your hand may pain are muscle strains, fractures, arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome. Apart from pain relieving medication, there are a number of ways you can deal with this pain.
- Hot and cold compresses: Hot and cold therapy is ideal for any type of muscle or ligament injury. A cold compress helps in reducing the pain and inflammation by constricting blood vessels and numbing the area. On the other hand, a hot compress dilates blood vessels and increases the flow of blood and oxygen to the affected area. Ideally, the two should be used alternatively for 10 to 20 minutes each. A bag of frozen vegetables or ice wrapped in a towel makes an easy cold compress. To treat your hand with heat, use a moist heating pad or a hot water bottle. You could also dip your hands in warm water.
- Massage: A massage is a great way to treat hand pain that results from carpal tunnel syndrome. If the exact cause of pain is not known, massage the entire hand, wrist and forearm. A massage enhances blood flow to the area and hence improves flexibility and opens locked tendons. Using a few drops of essential oils such as lavender or rosemary can also aid in relieving hand pain.
- Hand exercises: If your work involves repetitive actions like typing, knitting or embroidery, the muscles in your hand can get locked into position thereby, causing pain and discomfort. To relieve this it is important to take a break from this repetitive exercise every hour and flex your hand. Try bending your fingers forwards and backwards and rotating your wrists in both directions to ensure that your joints remain smooth.
- Epsom salt water bath: For instant relief from intense hand pain, soak your hands in a bath made of hot water and epsom salts for 10 to 20 minutes. Follow this by wrapping your hands in a warm, wet washcloth and applying gentle pressure over the hand for 5-10 minutes. You should instantly feel relief from the pain and experience increased the flexibility of hand. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
My whole body pains after waking up in the morning. Persist for whole day .and I have problem of fullness in stomach since few days. Suggest something plz.
I feel body ache daily when I wake up in the mornings and don't feel freshen up even after enough sleep. Basically in back shoulders and upper hands. And couldn't get up from bed once I am awake due to the pain, feel lazy. body ache remains at least 2-4 hours after waking up and sometimes entire day. Can anyone specify the specific reason for the same? And also and remedies for the same?
I was not feeling well so I went to doctor, doctor gave me antibiotic tablets, but after taking the tablets I was feeling well ,but after some hours inside my body was full paining my hands an legs and my mouth would become dry, but I would eat normally ,only my body is paining little fever is inside it is going an coming as in Mumbai the climate is changing ,can you tell me what to do for it .thanks.
I have meet with an accident and have a fracture in my leg and I have a lots of pain right now. What should I do.
I am a 20 years old guy having pain in leg in the early wakeup in the morning. Please give me some suggestion so that I can tackle this situation.
Dear Sir/Madam, My mummy aged 58 yrs used to forgets things in daily life not regularly but mostly which can't healthy environment in our home, despite her health conditions is normal leaving body ache sometimes & current BP 123/73. Kindly help me where to get diagnosed for early improvement if required.
Cervical spondylosis is a medical term that indicates the wear and tear of the spinal discs of the neck. With the shrinkage and dehydration of the discs, evident signs of osteoarthritis develop in an individual. Visible bony projections of the edges of the bones also become conspicuous. This condition is extremely common and deteriorates with age. It is estimated that an average of 85 percent of people has crossed the age of 60 is affected by cervical spondylosis. While most patients fail to identify any symptoms, but those who do reports pain, stiffness, uneasiness, numbness etc.
What are the possible causes of cervical Spondylosis?
Dehydrated discs: Discs are the cushions between the vertebrae and the spine. Once a person reaches the age of 40, through natural progression, the spiral discs start shrinking and drying up. This allows more bone-to-bone interaction between the vertebrae.
- Herniated discs: Age plays a crucial role and affects the outer covering of the spinal discs. Cracks become visible leading to a condition known as the herniated discs. This condition can press the nerve roots and the spinal cord.
- Bone Spurs: Disc degeneration leads to the production of extra bone to support and strengthen the spine. This is a misguided effort that can affect the nerve root and the spinal cord.
- Stiff ligaments: Ligaments are tissue cords that connect bones. The ligament can become stiff after attending a certain age. Some of the typical symptoms of this condition include loss of bowel movement, numbness of the hands, feet, arms etc, lack of coordination and difficulty in walking.
What is the homeopathy approach?
Homeopathy takes a holistic approach towards treatment. The remedy selection is based on the individualization theory and the specific symptoms encountered by the patient. The aim of homeopathic treatment is to ensure that cervical spondylosis is eradicated from its root rather than just eliminating the symptoms. Before prescribing a medicine, a homeopathic expert considers various aspects such as the location of pain, basic cause of the current condition, extension and modality of the pain. Some of the important medicine that can treat this condition are mentioned below:
- LachnanthesTinctoria: This medicine is prescribed to those who are suffering from a still neck and a dislocated pain. There is a feeling of chilliness in between the shoulders and the pain increases while lying down.
- Phosphoric acid: This medicine is prescribed when the pain is boring in nature. The lifting of objects sharply increases the pain and the patient suffers from occasional nerve exhaustion. The condition improves after a nap.
- Paris Quadrifolia: This medicine is prescribed when the pain moves downwards. There is a feeling of ache, bruising and stiffness in the arms and the shoulders. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!