Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Alka P. Gandhi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Alka P. GandhiYour feedback matters!
Why the body is swelling if TSH and Anti TPO is normal. I had test for thyroid disease bcz my body was swelling. The report says that everything is normal apart from deficiency of Vitamin -D. So I am not understanding if the reports are normal then why the body is swelling. It is swelling all around the body. Within 6 months I had gained almost 15 kg. So suggest me what to do right now at this stage What is the duration of swelling? >7 days Is it continuous or intermittent: Intermittent Is it on one side or both sides: Both sides Are you on any medications? No Did you recently get injured? Yes.
I have been diagonised with type 2 diabetese a few months back. My sugar level is around 130 fasting and around 175 after meals.MY HEIGHT IS 5FT 10 INCHES ,MY WEIGHT AROUND 100KGS.Every morning I take karela jamun amla juice empty stomach.Iam non vegeterian I neither smoke or drink.Recently I went for complete heath check up every organ was perfect.Kindly advice
Hi. I have pcos and thyroid problem. For pcos im using pco care tablets. I have 6.2 thyroid. Is it necessary to use medicines for thyroid. Previously I used thyronorm. Now can I use this thyronorm. Pls tell anyone.
I am suffering in diabetic since 1yr. Please give me some tips. How to I solve this problem. Please give diet chart also. So that I can solve this problem.
I am a 50 year old male. Diagnosed with type 2 diabetes for the last three years. Recently the toes and fingers of my left foot have become numb. Doctors have prescribed vitamin injections. However I am not feeling improvement. Will this be a permanent disability or be cured. My sugar levels are in the range of 170 after food and 150 fasting.
Suffering from hyperthyroidism from last 8 months. Taking med like neomercazole 10. Veloz l etec. Not getting any result.
Hi I am39 years old diabetic since 8 years on regular treatment on janumet50/500 at morning and janumet50/1000 at night and I am hypertensive also on regular treatment on cardace 2.5but still my sugar levels are high my fasting sugar is 172 mg/dl and post prandial sugar is 245 mg/dl and my HBA1C LEVEL IS 8.2 AND I HAVE MICROALBUMINURIA ALSO PLEASE HELP. NARENDER.
I am having fibroids. and I have two kids. I am having thyroid. and my hemoglobin is 8. Thus for all this I am on medication. But my problem is that my monthly cycle has started on 9 n today is 20 till it has not stop.
Starting a family and being people who you can completely rely on is something that may be a dream that most people nurture and work towards. While most couples are blessed with happy families, there are a lot of those couples who may have to rely on medicines and treatments to be able to conceive a child.
With the changing lifestyle and the increasing amount of stress, a lot of couples are not able to conceive naturally. This is when they turn to medical help from professionals who may be able to suggest treatments and counselling. Even though the medications and treatments are sought very popularly, it is also a fact that couples have to go through painful procedures and unfruitful trials before they are able to get positive results, if at all that is possible. Not to mention the expensive treatment costs and the costly medicines that they have to invest in, apart from the mental and emotional trauma that is accompanied with it.
Causes of Infertility:
- Infertility in Males: Small/undescended testes, Testicular injury, Abnormal/Low sperm count, Erectile dysfunction, Premature ejaculation, Prostatitis, Orchitis, Varicocele, Infections(STD’S including Chlamydia, gonorrhoea), Vas deferns/Ejaculatory duct obstruction.
- Infertility in Females: Structural abnormality in uterus/cervix, Endometriosis, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome(PCOS), Irregular periods, Hormonal imbalance, Pelvic Inflammatory disease(Chlamydia, gonorrhoea), Uterine fibroid, Pelvic T.B., Pelvic adhesions due to infection or following surgery, Blocked fallopian tubes due to salpingitis, or Thyroid disorders.
- Combined causes or risk factors in male/female that increase the risk of infertility: Advancing age, obesity, alcohol intake, smoking, diabetes mellitus, emotional stress, exposure to radiation, and intake of certain drugs are the primary causes for this condition.
A safer alternative:
One of the safest alternatives to conventional medicine and treatments is to opt for homeopathy. This is a style of treatment that works on the body using natural means such as plants extracts and other natural derivatives, in combination with medicinal properties in healthy portions. With the use of such treatments and medicines, it may be possible for aspirant couples to be able to work on their body systems to make them healthier and more responsive to conceiving a child.
Homeopathic treatment of infertility is mainly achieved through the administration of constitutional homeopathic medicines found most suitable after a detailed case analysis. A detailed case analysis includes the general physical and mental constitutional make-up of the patient plus the symptoms in the sexual sphere and the underlying cause that is hindering the fertility process and needs to be corrected. Homeopathic medicines for infertility are natural medicines that help by raising the patient’s immunity to remove the obstruction that is hindering the process of fertility in a couple. Homeopathic medicines for infertility are non-toxic and carry no risk of side-effects.
Some of the most important advantages of homeopathic treatment for infertility:
- The medicines make sure that they do not put the others aspects of health at jeopardy for the users of homeopathic medicines which means that the medicines do not have highly destructive side effects.
- The lack of side effects in the homeopathic medicines for infertility ensure that the couples remain mentally and emotionally strong enough to stick to the resolve of getting treated and that is something that may be helpful in the success of the treatment.
- Since the medicines are all organic, most of them are not as expensive as the conventional medicines.
- Choosing a safe stream of medication such as homeopathy may also help in ensuring that when the child is conceived, it does not get affected by the harmful medicines that may be administered to the couple.
When the future of your family and health is at stake, it is important that you take well thought out and wise decisions about what kind of treatments you should undergo.
Here is a very short list of commonly used remedies:
- Sepia: This type of homeopathy remedy is used to treat irregular or absent ovulation
- Sabina: Recommended for women who have experienced recurrent miscarriage
- Aurum: Used in cases when low sex drive and depression are the cause of infertility
- Phosphorus: Used when anxiety and stress are contributing to female infertility
- Silica: A type of homeopathy remedy used to boost the immune system in order to improve a woman’s chances of getting pregnant
- Pulsatilla and Sepia: Pulsatilla and Sepia are suitable homeopathic medicines for infertility in females due to irregular or scanty periods.
- Calcarea Carb and Aletris Farinosa: Calcarea Carb and Aletris Farinosa used for infertility in females due to profuse menses.
There needs also a discussion regarding potencies, repetition of dose, timing, and other supportive information like lifestyle nutrition, supplements like folic acid, exercise like yoga, etc. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.