Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Alifiya S BapaiYour feedback matters!
Health is wealth! This age old adage holds true even today. The usual practice of 3 meals a day needs some tinkering and 5 small meals a day seems like a good way forward. Go to any dietician or any nutritionist and they will vouch for its benefits. So, let us now take a look at the many advantages that come up with this multiple meal plan:
- Alter the food schedule and instil a sense of discipline: It helps in altering your food schedule. When you spread your meals throughout the day, it allows you to try different dishes without over consuming any one dish. With more opportunities to eat healthy, you can develop proper diet charts and follow it properly across the entire day. Moreover, it teaches you discipline to keep a check on your diet.
- Keeps a check on binge eating and overeating: Five meals a day plan can help you control your weight. Intake of small meals prevents binge eating. You don't need to consume in large quantity at once if there are more meals to look forward to throughout the duration of the day. Smaller meals, condition you in such a way that you do not indulge in overeating even if you are outside.
- Something in every meal: Since you're opting for five meals a day, you will indulge in different types of food items throughout the day right from vegetables, fruits, cereals, eggs, milk-shakes and much more. This will not only keep your palette satisfied, but will also make sure that you get all the right amount of nutrients as nothing healthy will be left out.
- Goes hand in hand with all the diet charts and plans: Eating healthy and in small portion ensures that you are on course for your diet plan. Five meals a day will give you a chance to screen your nourishment intake and manage it more viably. It also helps in keeping your appetite under check. It maintains a healthy balance between healthy eating and satiating your hunger.
Disregard the three-feast model; it has now become obsolete. Your busy schedule requests that you take a more dynamic approach to your nourishment. Five meals a day is just the right way to ensure that you have your share of proper nutrients every day.
Related Tip: "5 Energy - Boosting Foods to Try"
She had unsafe sex with her husband but periods not come what can she do she does not want baby at moment.
I get one or the other inflammatory infection. Is it a sign of any upcoming major disease? Few months back I got treated with inflammatory lymph node. Now I m getting treatment for h pylori. My ESR level is 30. Pls show way to fight inflammation in body.
Madam, Me & my fiance in trouble please suggest us earlier. We have do sex on 14th & my menstrual date on 18th, we do sex without protection. Have any chance to conceive? What we will do right now?
Hello doctor, Im 23 years old .I have irregular periods from the beginning. I hit my puberty 11 years back n from then I have never got regular periods I have never consulted any gynaecologist before because of the fear that they give tablets for hormones which affects our health. But now since m active in my sexual life it's becoming difficult for me to calculate my dates to have safe sex. Please help me in this matter. Should I consult a local gynaecologist or I can solve it with any home remedies?
Hi! My height is 5ft. My weight is 55kg & age is 21 years. My breast size is too big. So it looks very bad. How can I get a perfect shape?
Hi, I am getting irritated before 1 or 2 weeks of periods. Also feeling helpless, stressful and depressed. Am getting angry easily. I feel weakness during periods. After periods I become normal, happy. Why this is happening to me?
कुछ गड़बड़ है!
अक्सर हम अपने नाखूनों को सुंदर और आकर्षक बनाने में जुटे रहते हैं। लेकिन नाखूनों में होने वाले छोटे-मोटे बदलावों पर
हमारा ध्यान नहीं जाता। जबकि नाखूनों के लक्षण हेल्थ
की कहानी कहते है
नाखून पर हल्का सा नीला रंग नजर आ रहा है, तो यह शरीर
को पर्याप्त मात्रा में ऑक्सीजन न मिलने का संकेत है।
आपको फेफड़ों की समस्या हो सकती है।
जब आपके नाखून लम्बे होने के बाद उंगलियों की तरफ ही
मुड़ने लगें, तो इसे नेल क्लबिंग कहते हैं। कई बार शरीर में
ऑक्सीजन की कमी से नाखूनों को यह शेप मिलती है।
अगर नाखून ड्राई और नाजुक हैं तो यह नाखूनों पर बहुत
ज्यादा केमिकल्स के प्रयोग की वजह से हो रहा है। यह कई
तरह के लंग कार्डियोवस्कुलर से जुड़ी बीमारी की तरफ भी
इशारा करते हैं।
नाखून पर एक से ज्यादा सफेद धारियां किडनी से जुड़ी
बीमारियों और शरीर में पोषक तत्वों की कमी की ओर
इशारा करती हैं।
इसी तरह अगर नाखून बहुत सॉफ्ट हैं और अंदर से खोखले नजर
आते हैं, तो यह लीवर संबंधी समस्या या फिर शरीर में आयरन
की कमी का संकेत माना जाता है। आयरन की कमी से
नाखून टूटने भी लगते हैं।
पीले पड़ते नाखून अगर मोटे भी हो रहे हैं, तो सतर्क हो जाएं,
क्योंकि यह फंगल इंफेक्शन का लक्षण है। ऐसे में नाखून
कमजोर होकर टूटने भी लगते हैं। इस स्थिति में तुरंत डॉक्टर
नाखूनों में चमक भी जरूरी है। अगर नाखूनों में चमक न हो, तो
समझ लें कि आपको एनीमिया की समस्या है। इस तरह के
नाखून वालों को डायबिटीज और लीवर से जुड़ी समस्याएं
होने की भी संभावना होती हैं।
काली रेखा या धब्बे नाखूनों पर नजर आ रहे हैं, तो आपको
मेलेनोमा हो सकता है। इस तरह के धब्बे आमतौर पर किसी
एक ही नाखून पर या पैर के नाखून में देखने को मिलते हैं।
सेहतमंद शरीर का आईना होते हैं हमारे नाखून, इन पर जरूर
I am trying to conceive and my weight is increasing, I get early spotting from 20th day of my periods and Dr. Gave me estrogen and progesterone tablets still no use my ovulation is also good. And please help me that how shall I reduce weight so that I can conceive.
Hello. My wife is 25 years old. She is pregnant. Nd 8 month running now. Push cell 30 to 40. Rbc 1to 2, albumin present. Now what care?
I have ultra sound today & ground 4.3 * 4.2 c.m cyst in right ovary. I'm tensed. Pls give suggestion. I'm also a blood sugar patient.
I got married 6 months ago. In November 1st wk I was sex with my wife nd I used condom for sex to avoid pregnancy. After sex she engulf unwanted 72 because some doubt like breaking of condom. And then her menstruation / periods was delay for 4 days. Nd finally 8th November her menstruation happened. Nd in 6th December I again sex with my wife nd use condom. But this time I think no breaking was happened. But her menstruation is stop. 9 days delay from actual time. But her menstruation is not happen. I think this is the chances of pregnancy. We are not prepare for pregnancy or baby. Bcz my wife still study. Her semester exam coming soon. please prescribe some medicine for stopping the pregnancy. Nd free from it. She 21 years old. Weight 55 kg. Height 5.2 inch. please hurry. Nd. please remember one this those medicine you prescribe are free from any vital side effects. Nd can't be harmful or difficulty for future pregnancy or baby. Plz.
My friend had unprotected sex today, this was her first time. What should she do to avoid pregnancy? Is contraceptive safe as she's just 22 and suffering from pcod too. His boyfriend didn't ejaculated inside her vagina but what should be done to avoid any kind of risk? And pregnancy test can only be done after a week I guess, it won't give accurate result in just one day.
And it is not advisable to depend on allopathic everytime as side-effects to those medicines cannot be neglected. Instead, try some home remedies that are good and quick enough to cure it and there are no side effects to these remedies! here are few handy tips coming straight from kitchen:
1. Gargle with hot water by adding a pinch of salt into it, it helps in curing the sore throat.
2. Keep drinking hot drinks like coffee and tea or simply luke warm water.
3. Add turmeric powder, ginger powder and a teaspoon of honey to warm milk. This not only helps in curing cough but also relieves from bodyache, cold and headache.
4. For cold, steam inhalation is the best home remedy.
5. While preparing your tea, add few tulsi leaves and crushed ginger to it along with black pepper, it is much relief for cough and cold.
6. One who is susceptible to cough and cold should consume chavanprash (it is the best ayurvedic tonic for winter) or amla murrabba as it comprises high content of vitamin c which helps one develop a strong immunity against cough and cold.
Homeopathy works really well. Taking appropriate remedies can reduce the time spent in each stage and also aids complete recovery.
Homeopathic remedies help relieve cough and cold symptoms alongside proper rest, plenty of fluids and simple nourishing food. Consult me to get rid of stubborn cough.
During pregnancy a woman’s body undergoes constant changes. The entire body tries to accommodate place for the growing uterus as hormones levels drastically fluctuate and ligaments stretched. Pelvic pain and the ensuing discomfort around this time is a common phenomenon experienced by most women.
Though the pain may be harmless, at times it may also lead to serious repercussions. Therefore the identification of the causes that lead to pelvic pain during pregnancy is crucial. Some of them are:
- Accommodation pain: In the initial stages of pregnancy, women may experience cramps which are akin to the pain that precedes menstruation. However, in the case of pregnant women, the pain leads to no bleeding, but in all probability, is caused due to the expansion of the uterus.
- Round ligament pain: Amidst the host of changes that the body goes through, the ligament that goes from the uterus to the groin also undergoes a change; it expands. This is responsible for the pain in the sides especially when women are walking or getting up from a chair.
- Baby’s weight: As the weight of the fetus begins to increase it exerts a pressure on the nerves that move from the vagina to the legs. This causes a dull pain in the pelvic region which increases considerably with walking and riding a car. This is most commonly felt by women who are in their third trimester.
- Urinary Tract Infection: According to reports, most women suffer from urinary tract infection or UTI during pregnancy. This results in uncontrolled, often times, bloody urination and a pain in the abdomen. This is a major cause of concern as, if untreated, it infects the kidneys which in turn increases the risk of an early labour.
- Miscarriage: In the first trimester, a pain in the abdomen may be an indication of a miscarriage. In such a situation, the pain is followed by bleeding and cramps.
- Early labour: During pregnancy, an intermittent pain in the pelvic area and a back ache can also be suggestive of an early labour. If the contractions continue for over two hours after taking the necessary precautions like urinating and taking rest, it may be a sign of an early labor.
Is it possible if a pregnant woman see the face of someone, the same face will be obtain by a baby after delivery?
Did you know that regular sex intensifies your immunity power from various allergens and viruses, relieves you from daily stress and anxiety, and even aids in protecting the health of a man's prostate gland by pouring out the fluids within it. Regular intercourse also helps in releasing of chemicals, which improve mood as well as ease pain. May be no one told this to you, and so you have never known it. But every person can and must have intercourse until the old age! Though menopause in older women does influence the sexual drive, there is no reason why a healthy man or a woman cannot savour sexual pleasure at any point in life. Yes, the intensity and nature of the intercourse may change, but the pleasure and love will never be less.
In case your sex drive has reduced, you have plenty of reasons to bounce it back and spice up your life with a few easy tips:
- Have regular sex: This is the foremost thing that you must keep in mind. It will aid in keeping your sex drive in top gear by spiking up testosterone production, which is the hormone primarily in charge of libido in both men and women.
- Try to get rid of smoking: In case you are a chain smoker, it is advised that you pay a visit to your doctor and ask for a nicotine patch. If you ask why, it is because there is scientific evidence that smoking can clog the blood vessels in the male genitals, the way it blocks the arteries of the heart.
- Make a list of all the medicines you administer: Did you know that over 200 medicines may cause erectile dysfunction and other sexual troubles like reduced sex drive? This list includes regular medications like those used to treat high blood sugar, blood pressure, heart problems, depression and even stomach problems. So make a list of all your medicines and consult your physician to know if any of them are causing a reduction in your sexual drive. Of course, you will not be able to stop taking the medicine your body needs, but at least you can ask your doctor to change the brand or composition or dose of the medication.
- For women: Practice kegel workout: In case you have forgotten what kegel exercise is, then these are the squeezing workouts that your physician asked you to practice regularly because you faced some trouble with leaking urine. May be you are not aware that these exercises are very good for strengthening your pubococcygeus muscles, which are needed for orgasm. So practice them every day for twenty minutes.
There are many other ways to improve your sex life, and it varies from individual to individual. While consuming pesto and supplements of ginkgo biloba are great for men, there are various forms of lovemaking; be it staring at your partner or touching him or her sensuously. You must consult a sexologist to know about better ways of enhancing your conjugal life.