Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Alifiya S BapaiYour feedback matters!
5 Facts Every Pregnant Women Should Know About Her Baby
1) A pregnant woman usually starts to feel her baby's movements /kicks for the first time around 16-20 weeks of her pregnancy. Although the baby starts its movements inside the womb much earlier but they are too small to be noticed. These movements are described by women as a flutter/ swish/ discrete kick/or a roll.
2) Gradually these movements acquire a regular pattern and achieve a maximum intensity around the 32nd week. Adequate and strong fetal movements as perceived by the mother are a sign of good health of the baby. Any substantial decrease in your baby's movements from 28 weeks onwards till the onset of labor pains should be reported to your doctor for further follow up.
3) Fetal movements are affected by a number of factors. Women usually feel the maximum movements when they are lying on their side in a quiet room instead of standing or walking. Also, the movements are perceived more in the evenings rather than mornings.
4) An anteriorly placed placenta or intake of alcohol or sedating drugs may decrease the perception of baby's movements. There is some evidence that the movements may also decrease temporarily for one or two days after you have received the antenatal steroids for baby's lung maturation. A reduced or absent fetal movement from the very beginning may indicate some nervous system or neuromuscular abnormality in your baby.
5) There is no set count of what constitutes a normal movement count. It is advisable that instead of absolute counts, one should just keep an average at the back of your mind. Any gross decrease from the previous days is of concern. If you have any doubts about the adequacy of your baby's movements after 28 weeks, it is advisable to go to a quiet room after a meal, lie on your side and watch for movements for 2 hours. If you feel less than 10 movements, then visit your doctor for a check up.One must remember that the baby also has a sleep cycle lasting from 40-80 minutes when the baby quietens a bit but beyond that one must be able to feel good movements.
Dear sir. please give me the best solution of my question. I had a sex with my wife after the period of her 6 days later. Her period date was April 4. Till now no period has been occurred. But I have used condom at the time of my sex.
I am 25 years old. Present I am pregnant 7 th month. My placenta position is anterior upper segment grade 1 maturity. Is that position safe for normal pregnancy what should be the placenta position.
I had a irregular periods in my school days. In college days, I had continuous periods for 2 years. Everyday I suffered a lot even a single day my periods didn't stop. Then through check up it found that I have PCOD. What I will do for this? Now I got married, whether I will face any difficulty to get conceive?
I'm 46 years old having sugar and thyroid as my periods delayed from one year and I don't have pregnancy yet. Can I have any hope on pregnancy now? Please help me.
Avocados may be fatty, but that doesn't mean they are bad for your health.
In fact, this fruit is a nutritional powerhouse providing numerous potential health benefits. Its creamy texture and rich taste make it a common ingredient in many dishes. It is most well known for being a key ingredient in the Mexican dip 'guacamole'. Because of its high fat content, avocado is also used as a meat substitute in sandwiches and salads. But what makes this fruit so good for you? it is an excellent source of potassium, containing more per weight than bananas. In addition, avocados are rich in vitamin k, vitamin b, vitamin c and vitamin e. They are rich in phytochemicals, which have been reported to help prevent the development of certain cancers. Fats account for around three-quarters of the calorie count of an avocado. Most of it are monounsaturated fat, in the form of oleic acid. Monounsaturated fat is considered to be a 'good fat' which reduces levels of bad cholesterol in your blood and lowers the risk of stroke and heart disease. Keeping cholesterol levels in check is vital for diabetics as they have a much higher risk of cardiovascular disease. The high levels of potassium in avocados is another important nutritional factor for diabetics due to its role in maintaining a healthy heart and regulating blood sugar. Having monounsaturated fats in a diabetic diet is also beneficial for reducing high triglyceride levels and thus improves insulin function and blood glucose levels. All in all, avocado is a very healthy food for those living with diabetes and for people who wish to lower their risk of developing the disease.'
She had taken an abortion pill but her bleeding isn't stopping, it's been 13 days she had been bleeding, isn't an side affects of that medicine or normal situation?
I'm in menopause last 3 months and heavy bleeding during periods Can I take progesterone What side effects of taking progesterone.
Hello. I took unwanted 72 on 5, my date was on 17,1 bleed irregularly on 10 and 12 not in continuous way. Then I started bleeding on 14 in regular motion but bleeding is lighter than I usually have. So this is my periods? What was that irregular blood on 10 and 12? Still is there any chances of getting pregnant? Is this lighter bleeding ok? Do I need to do anything else for my next periods? Please answer as it will be of great importance doctors. Mam I took tablet after 1 hr. Of intercourse.
My scan report thick endometrium with small hypoechoic lesion in endometrial cavity in fundus with intense vascularity. What does this mean. Is this any symptom of cancer?
My both breast is paining a lot I cannot bear usually before period I have pain in n both breast but my date also done on 8 th of may but now pain has increased a lot from ten days I have sex on 12th of may that is on 5th day of period so is it is symptoms of pregnancy.
I am 38years old female. My weight is71kg, height 5.7, and I usually suffer with improper digestion. I am suffering with severe periods with very huge bleeding and pain in abdomen. It is very painful like a labour pain. I have consult with many doctors, i am suffering this since past 8years and now i am lost my hope for this disease. Please I need a cure for this.
Disabilities can occur due to injuries, infections, or old age. Whatever the reason, the person has limited movement and suffers from pain and stiffness during this period. In addition to surgery and antibiotics, occupational therapy (OT) helps the patient immensely by providing complete rehabilitation and to help recover completely. Many who do not respond well to medications have benefited from occupational therapy and have had complete functional recovery. The occupational therapist helps patients to improve and maintain skills so they can perform their daily chores on their own.
The benefits of occupational therapy are too many and would depend on the setting in which it is used:
- In the elderly: With age, general movement is reduced and OT can help improve overall movement and quality of life, thereby enabling them to lead more independent lives.
- In mentally disabled: Occupational therapists work with people with emotional and mental limitations and teach them the necessary skills to be able to perform their functions in society. This can even enable them to take up a job and lead healthy, positive relationships.
- In physically disabled: OT can help them teach to perform their chores and socialize at school and home. There is a great deal of facilitating age-appropriate social interactions, thereby improving the chances of social acceptance of the affected individual.
No matter what setting Occupational Therapy is used in, the following are definitely some benefits:
- Improves range of motion: The person undergoing OT will see better movement of the affected parts, especially in old age where some joints are more involved than others.
- Increases mobility in injured or disabled patients: Disability or injury can lead to reduced mobility and OT can significantly improve this.
- Helps the body heal naturally: The body is not being subjected to any external chemical, and only natural movements and exercises are done, which is beneficial for the person.
- May reduce or eliminate muscle spasms: Pain and disability can lead to reduced mobility, which can cause muscle spasm. OT can help reduce and in some cases completely reverse the muscles spasms that may have set in. Can be supplemented with thermal modalities and treatment to reduce pain: Adding heat packs and moist heat to the regimen will produce better results.
- Treatment is customized for the individual: Each person is different with the cause and the effect of disability. The therapist will customize the program based on the person's needs and therefore will benefit the patient.
- Can boost self-esteem and promote feeling of well-being: The mere thought of being independent gives a big moral boost to the affected person, thereby improving quality of life.
Occupational therapy forms a part of the holistic regimen and can, therefore be integrated along with physical therapy to reap benefits.
People do ask this question to me so many times.
But this s not true, yes there may be difficulty in getting pregnant after 35 years but not true that always you will end sterile.
The fact is that each woman will be born with fixed number of eggs in her ovary at birth, after which with each menses eggs number start decreasing year after year, and above age 35 it decreases very fast. So some patients may not become pregnant or may face difficulty in getting pregnant.
But with latest treatment modalities like ivf you can become pregnant, so please do consult infertility consultant and get treated as early as possible or else you will be left with donor ovum option only.
Please feel free to talk to me.
I had taken mifegest six months ago. It was a success. Now again I have an unwanted pregnancy. Can I use it again? We are planning to have kids two or three years later. I'm 25 years old and my last period was on 4th October. Please suggest what should I do without causing any harm to my future fertility. Suggest me some medicines as soon as possible.
It is necessary to do nadi pariksha in today's scenario because no one knows about the resaon and source of disease in our body. So nadi pariksha is necessary for all.
Do you know that Huntington’s disease is an inherited disease? This condition leads to the progressive degeneration of the nerve cells present in your brain. Huntington's disease has severe impact on several functional abilities of an affected person and results in psychiatric, thinking and movement disorders.
Huntington’s disease occurs from an inherited defect present in a single gene. It is a form of autosomal dominant disorder, which indicates that a person requires just one copy of the defective gene for developing the disorder. Except the genes on the chromosomes, two copies of every gene are inherited by a person. The affected parent may pass along the defective gene copy or the healthy copy.
Commonly, the symptoms of Huntington’s disease start appearing during midlife. It may also affect a person during childhood. The symptoms of this disease vary from person to person. Abnormal movement and weight loss are common symptoms, which occur in all stages.
The usual early stage symptoms include the following:
Slight coordination changes, which affect balance and make you clumsy
Uncontrollable fidgety movement
Stiffness and slowing
Problems with thinking in difficult situations
With passing time, the symptoms start interfering more with the patient’s daily life and activities. You may start dropping things, face trouble with swallowing, and talking. Staying organized may get tough. Certain emotional changes are indicated.
In the later stage of Huntington’s disease, a patient becomes dependent on others for taking care of them. A patient cannot walk or speak, and fidgety movements are likely to become more severe or may subside.
Huntington’s disease has no fixed cure. Several measures are followed for managing the symptoms. They are as follows:
Medications are used to manage fidgety movements. Other medicines are also used for controlling any other side effect experienced.
Speech or language therapy may be beneficial in case of speech and swallowing problems.
Physical therapy may help you in improving your control movements. Assistive devices like handrails can be used for managing your changing physical abilities.
Nutritional support is used in which special utensils are used to focus on a nutrient-rich diet.
Exercise is also important for patients with Huntington’s disease as it enables them to stay active and fit.
In case you experience any symptom of Huntington’s disease, it is important for you to consult a doctor immediately. This is a severe disease and early diagnosis and treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.