Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Management of Surrogacy
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Health Screening For Women
Submit a review for Dr. AjitaYour feedback matters!
I am 53 yrs. Male a fortnight ago I came to known that I have diabetes and the first count was 112 fasting and 180 pp. My weight is 65 kgs. Height is 5' 6. Neither I drink alcohol nor I smoke or chew tobacco in any form. I dont eat Foods other than home made. What would you advise?
Sir, I have white patches on the tip of my penis and foreskin and difficulty in moving the foreskin . No medicines is taken so far , suggest what to do.
I have been suffering from migraine from the last 2 years. I have consulted a no. Of doctors. What should I do now. please help me out.
I have fever for the past 15 days I'm feeling very weak. I have been taking crocin as medicine. My body temperature increases at night to 101.1 degrees there has been slight cold and cough I would suggest doctors to help me with this condition.
I have a headache from last 3-4 months in regular intervals in half side for 3-4 hours in every alternative days. What should I do?
I am sleeping just 3-4 hours a day from last 8 months. Also after the sleep I not feeling relax. What should I do?
I am 25 years old and I am trying to conceive baby from last 2 year but still now negative result today is 33 day of may cycle I am suffering from side pain stomach pain & light bleeding. Pregnancy test is negative. Kindly confirm.?
I have a prblm in sleeping. I don't get enough sleep. And thats why I feel weak and my life becoming hell. Please help sir.
Hello sir, I am married nd I have sexual problem premature ejaculation within 1 minute. Nd 2nd time when I do sex same thing within 1 minute. This happen from 2 nd half years. Please tell me some homeopathy medicine name to cure my problems.
Hello sir I have a brother he is facing lot of prob we have got his blood check up done n found uric acid level is too much high in his blood he is not even having food please tell me what we need to do?
Sir mujhe bhookh bahut lagti hai. Khana bhi khata hu par main aaj take kabhi mota nahi hua jaise ka taisa rahta hu. Batao main kya kar Sakta hu.
Hernia or what in Ayurveda is known as Antra Vriddhi, is a condition that takes place when an internal organ in your abdomen gets displaced and protrudes outward, giving rise to swelling in the abdominal region.
Even though you can develop a hernia anywhere in your body, it mostly occurs in the abdominal region and can affect both men and women at any age.
The causes of hernia are:
Even though hernia can be a hereditary condition, certain factors can contribute in causing it. These are:
- Persistent coughing
- Putting excess pressure while passing faeces
- Straining your abdominal muscles by exercising or lifting objects that are heavy
- Buildup of fluid in your abdominal cavity
Some of the symptoms that indicate you have hernia include a visible, hard protrusion, development of soft lumps and pain. However, some people may not experience any symptoms at all. Hernia can be of many types, depending on the part of the body affected and even varying on the basis of your gender. In worst cases, you may require surgery but Ayurveda can cure your hernia completely without the need of you going through a surgical process.
How does Ayurveda help?
Ayurveda helps in curing your hernia by focussing on your diet. If you follow these rules, you can cure yourself of hernia completely.
- Reduce the amount of food you eat in a day and take small meals frequently instead of the standard three meals.
- While eating, make sure you eat your food slowly.
- Drink lots of water and other fluids, but do not consume aerated drinks
- It is advised not to take water with your meals, but only to drink a glass of water an hour after and half an hour before each meal. By doing this, you reduce your chances of getting heartburn and aid in the proper functioning of the digestive system.
- Eating any form of raw food, such as uncooked meat and vegetables is strictly forbidden along with processed foods such as bread, cakes, cookies etc. However, when eating cooked food, make sure it's lightly cooked and not overcooked.
- Having a glass of juice freshly squeezed from vegetables or fruits is recommended, especially carrot juice as it is enriched with calcium and vitamin A that help in the healing process.
- Make sure that whole grains, nuts, seeds, vegetables and fruits are a part of your diet.
- Lastly, go for a walk after each meal and do not sleep after eating, especially if you've had a heavy meal.
Related Tip: "Hernia - What You Should Know About It"