Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My name is ravi kumar I am 21 years old I work in system more than 12 hours a night coz I am a night shift employee doctor here I place my question in day time I sleep after 12pm some times it may be extended 2 pm but I sleep nearly 5 hours or 6 in day before and after my bet my eyes got burning sensation I did'nt even check a eye specialist I got fear of my eyes burning sensation what must I do please suggest me your kind opinion to get rid of it if I must wear a glass what type of glass should it be and what will be its cost or without wearing glass if this problem can be solved? what must I do doctor thanks in advance.
I am Tausif Ahmed. I am 17 years old. I am suffering from a eye problem. The problem is eye floaters. I have too much floaters. So how can I reduce eye floaters. please Suggest me.
I always have my eyes dry, I am using Softvisc eyes drop . Kindly help as I had Lasik operation done before 2 yearsby Dr. Narang itself &they recommended to use Softvisc fir dryness & itching.
I have red eyes since 1 week what should I do please tell me and I have headache also since 2 weeks cough and cold also there what should I do?
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.
I have a sitting job, my eyes always pain bcz of long time watching computer screen. What should I do?
Water comes out from my eyes every morning. I am tensed due to dis situation. Every day when I wake up I have watery eyes. Wat is d root cause of dis and wat is d exact solution.
I want to get ride of my eye glasses I have 1 number in 1 eye . And I want to be more glowing skin and I want to get ride of pimple and dark spot please help me all this in 15 days you are a genuine please help me.
He have eye problem in long sight. He wait for good doctor as soon as possible. Please reply urgently.
Having eyes problems having righroght eyes points bigger then then the left one in minus so I wanwant what is the reason about that.
I have checked with a doctor he said that I m having glaucoma and prescribed hvf test. How shall I proceed?
My eyes are paining because of reddish colour. And I have pain in my knees too. WhaT should I do to cure this.
My eye power is -2.5 can I reduced it to -1 Or less via any exercise or medicine. I am not using spectacles regularly should I use use spectacles every time.
1. Eat for good vision: green leafy vegetables, tuna, eggs, nuts, beans, oranges and other citrus fruits.
2. Quite smoking.
3. Wear sunglasses, uv protection
4. Avoid eyestrain.