Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit JadhavYour feedback matters!
I am 58 yrs old male. I have suffering from uric acid 8 What medicine can I take to reduce the uric acid level and also tell the diet.
My wife is 55 and type 2 diabetic. As diabetes can cause nerve damage, is there a ayurvedic medicine to prevent it.
I am 71. Last July I was detected with Diabetics. Initially it was F432 & PP was 484. I am taking Glykomet SR 500 Daily 1 tabwith Zpter 1 Tab after Breakfast & 2 Tabs of Zpter before diner as recommended by my Doctor. I find unjustified behaviar of d-results Now it ranges 114 to 142 Fasting & PP 162 to 204 depending on my diet . Please asdvice.Contents
Thyroid is a small butterfly shaped gland, which is present at the lower frontal region of the neck, right beneath the voice box. It produces hormones which regulate metabolism (the breakdown of food by the body to convert it into energy). It even plays a pivotal role in boosting organ functions as well as in helping the body to sustain heat. However, too much of hormone production by the thyroid gland might yield structural problems, for instance, growth of nodules (abnormal tissue growth) or cysts (non-cancerous sac-like structures containing fluid) and swelling. Hence, a thyroid surgery is a must once these problems occur. The surgery, administered with general anesthesia, eliminates the thyroid gland either wholly or partially.
Why do you need surgery?
- The presence of tumors or nodules on one’s thyroid gland is one of the reasons why one should go for the surgery. Although most of the nodules are benign, few can be pre-cancerous or cancerous too. Also, those benign nodules can spell trouble, if they expand in size, thus obstructing the throat. They can be problematic as well if they cause the thyroid gland to overproduce hormones, giving rise to a condition known as hyperthyroidism.
- Hyperthyroidism can be corrected through surgery. It is often an outcome of Grave’s disease, an autoimmune disorder wherein the body misidentifies the thyroid gland as a foreign body, thereby creating antibodies to combat it. The thyroid gland gets inflamed in the process, resulting in the overproduction of hormones.
- Another reason is the enlargement or swelling up of the thyroid gland, termed as goiter. Similar to large nodules, goiter too can clog the throat, thus interfering with one’s breathing, speaking and eating.
Types of Surgery
- Lobectomy: This procedure calls for partial removal of the lobes when a nodule or an inflammation affects just half of the thyroid gland.
- Subtotal Thyroidectomy: Here, a small proportion of the thyroid tissue is left behind even after the elimination of the thyroid gland.
- Total Thyroidectomy: Through this procedure, the entire thyroid gland is taken out along with the thyroid tissue.
I, want to loose weight. At night I'm drinking only pure carrot and beetroot juice without sugar and milk. So is it good, to have to get weight loss?
Diabetes has become a modern lifestyle disease. Younger age groups are affected by it, and with changing lifestyles, it is only poised to get worse. While this may sound scary, the news to cheer about is that it can be controlled to a large extent. By making lifestyle changes, altering diet, and improving foot care, diabetes control can be planned effectively. Both the onset of the disease and disease progression and complications can be controlled to a large extent.
Read on to know some changes in terms of lifestyle, diet and foot care to improve diabetes:
- Diet: You are what you eat, so it is advisable that you plan your meal carefully. Eat healthy and you will stay healthy. Include a lot of fiber in the form of whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. Reduce oils, sugar, salt, white rice, refined flour, etc. Increase unsaturated fatty acids and reduce saturated fatty acids. Ensure you get the right amount of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Ensure ample hydration for the body. Get into a pattern of eating small, frequent meals and avoid binge eating. This goes a long way in controlling sugar levels in the body.
- Lifestyle: Engage in exercise, both to keep your weight under control and to improve the function of insulin. This also helps to keep body fat under control. Talk to your doctor about what routine would work for you. Whether it is jogging, running, cycling, swimming or plain walking, take a pick and regularly do it. Your goal should be to spend 30 to 45 mins every day on brisk walking (at least 5 days a week). This helps the function of insulin and also helps in reducing complications arising from diabetes. If you are a smoker, this is the time to quit – the hazards and the benefits are way too many. A healthy lifestyle with exercise also helps to manage stress, as the exercise helps in stress management and weight management too. Reduced severity of diabetes induces a feeling of well-being too.
- Foot care: One of the main complications of diabetes is known as diabetic neuropathy, where the nerves are affected. There is loss of sensation in the extremities and therefore a blister or a corn on the foot can go unnoticed and continue to grow. This may develop into an ulcer, which may then require extensive repair and heal at a slow pace because of diabetes. Diabetic people are advised to watch and wash the feet regularly, dry it nicely, watch between the toes, keep the toenails trimmed, smoothen out the calluses and corns, and use proper footwear. Go for foot exams once in six months or a year. Any small wound should be attended to by the doctor.
These are some simple ways to combat diabetes, which can be planned into your daily routine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
What are the symptoms of diabetes I frequently go to washroom to urine in every 10-15 minutes and I think so I have diabetes.
I am suffering from diabetes from last five years what should I do to resolve diabetes please suggest as soon as possible.
Kidneys and Kidney Diseases
The kidneys are organs which aim to filter out huge amounts of blood to produce 1-2 quarts of urine. They also perform the task of filtering out the excessive waste materials from the blood stream.
However, there can be cases when infection enters your bloodstream and affects your kidneys. This can cause serious kidney diseases such as cysts, stones and cancer.
Diabetes: What is it and how does it affect your kidneys?
Diabetes is a condition which is caused when the pancreas does not produce enough insulin (Type 1 Diabetes) or when your body doesn’t react to the insulin in a normal way (Type 2 Diabetes). The sugar in your food cannot be broken down effectively which can result in problems in your kidneys.
The glucose content in your blood causes considerable damage to the filters in your kidneys. When the filters in the kidney are damaged, a particular protein called albumin releases into your blood and your urine. The damage in the kidneys can affect the kidney function and obstruct the filtering out of wastes from the blood.
Thus, diabetes could be attributed as a major cause of kidney disease.
Managing diabetes is crucial to avoid kidney diseases. However, diabetes doesn’t have a proper cure which is why it is even more important to take care of your health in such cases.
Here are a few ways in which diabetic patients can aim to be healthy and prevent kidney diseases:
Quit Smoking: Smoking increases diabetic complications such as nerve damage and heart strokes which can in-turn affect your kidneys’ functions adversely. Hence, it is advisable to quit smoking to keep diabetes under control.
Healthy Meals: Opt for healthy meals which are balanced and packed with nutrients as they help in increasing the insulin function in your body. Foods such as green leafy vegetables, legumes, fruits and lean meat should be included in your meals.
Engage in Physical Exercise: A diabetic person needs to engage in physical exercise in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Obesity can increase your chances of complications and can be detrimental to your kidneys as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am suffering from high uric acid. My uric acid level is 10mg/dl. I want know can I do heavy weight training exercises or not and please suggest medicine to reduce it.
Hi My Blood sugar level 173 after taking the meal of half an hour is it really serious or symptom of diabetes or it is normal.
My wife just started diabetic. Her fasting blood sugar is 110 and 2 hour after food is 147. Can you advise me correct Ayur ved medicine to start for my wife and if any precaution required ,also please mention.
Hello my dad is 49 years old recently past sunday we did coronary Angiogram + PTCA + RCA. He was discharged from hospital on this tuesday evening on the discharge note they have mention the blood glucose level as 192 mg/dl after came from hospital his glucose level changes rapidly wednesday - evening - 6.00 pm - 172 before food Thursday - Morning - 7.45 am - 219 before food Thursday - Morning - 8.45 am - 292 after food Thursday - evening - 7.45 pm - 227 before food I really don't know how to control his blood sugar kindly Help as soon as possible waiting for your response mail.
Hi, i have thyroid. Taking eltroxin 100 mg everyday Is it safe? what are the side effects of the pills I take. Last TSH was around 7. 2 months ago Can it be reduced to normal again? what are the ways to reduce Thyroid? Any other precaution / suggestions?
I am 58 years old suffering from diabetic blood sugar 320 after meals and memory power is very poor what can I do for taking medical solutions ?
I’m Dr K.D Nayyar. I’m the senior consultant and head of the department, Akansha IVF Centre. This centre originated from the last 15 years. We have grown over a period of time and the main aim of this centre is to look after an infertile couple.
Infertility is growing every day, increasing number of patients. It is because the couples are not getting worried about infertility. Previously they never used to come out with their problem. But now they have become more perceptive and even an average middle class, lower middle class think of going for treatment for infertility. Generally speaking 12 to 15% of couples have infertility issues.
When you look at the causes of infertility, the important issue is either it can be a problem in the husband or problem in the wife or many times it can be a problem in both of them. Generally speaking, 40% problem is of the husband, 40 % time there will be a wife, 10% time it is combined both of them husband and wife and 10% we cannot find any reason and we label them s unexplainable infertility.
Coming to male infertility, the male person is responsible for 20 to 25% of the cases and in another 25 to 30% of the cases the male is the contributing factor. So if you look at it male infertility is responsible for nearly 50% of infertility.
At Akansha IVF Centre we are regularly doing the semen analysis and we are doing Sperm Fragmentation Test with the head of sperm media. At our centre, all these facilities are existing under one group. The whole team consists of a neurologist, embryologist, infertility specialist for taking out dreamer sperms. All the infertile couples should approach Akansha IVF Center for all their problems because infertility put a lot of stress on the couples. They cannot keep on going from living their life like that and it is always better to identify and approach a centre which can look after their problem. This is to inform all the couples to approach lybrate for finding out the proper IVF centre where they probably can be tackled.
They can approach lybrate at the website. They can approach directly to me to my clinic.