Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. AashishYour feedback matters!
Hi. My father has high B. P. 180 nd 200 at both side. His heart size has increased. What is the reason behind it. Is it curable?
He has cholesterol, he wants to control his cholesterol level. Please suggest medicine and some exercise.
I am 79 years old and diabetic for the past 30 yrs. I have angina and am fed up of taking sorbitrate (s/l) almost daily. I would be grateful to know about an effective ayurvedic remedy for this condition. Thanks.
My father is about 50 year old and suffering from diabetes, please suggest which kind of food to take and which to ignore to decrease diabetes label. His current blood pressure is 145-100, is it normal ?
How to reduce cholesterol? Is total cholesterol 261 alarming to start taking medicines? Can the medicine be withdrawn after a good control of level?
My father was suffering from a heart problem in her heart 2 blokeg 1was 50% and 2 99% so pleas sugest me.
I was diagnosed with hypertension 2 years back and now I am continuously taking medicines 4, 5 medicines daily. So what should I do should I continue with those medicines only name of the medicines are rozavel, tide, eslo.
I hav high bp 166/110. How can I control ma bp. M taking stamlo 5. By medical practitioner advice. please suggest. Ma fasting sugar 88mg/dl.
Hiii doctor. I'm nadeem shaikh not feeling well. No I want to known to decrease cholesterol level. Let me known ASAP.
High blood pressure is a condition where the blood flow in the artery creates pressure that is more than normal, which leads to various health complications. If you have high blood pressure, you may not exhibit any symptoms; which makes this disorder very complicated to diagnose.
Natural remedies for blood pressure usually entail the following:
- Diet: Diet plays a very important role in blood pressure; so regulating your diet helps by keeping you healthy. Avoid refined grains, such as white rice and refined flour as they have the tendency to spike your blood sugar levels. They may also increase cholesterol levels in the body resulting in health complications.
- Exercise: Exercising on a regular basis keeps you healthy and fit. Cardio exercises strengthen the muscles of the heart, thus optimizing your blood pressure levels. Exercise for 30 minutes in a day, 6 days a week.
- Quit smoking: If you have been smoking on a regular basis, then it is high time you quit. It not only increases the risk of blood pressure but also ups chances of heart attack and other cardiovascular complications. Blood clots may form in the arteries because of smoking, thus leading to life threatening disorders.
- Alcohol: Restrict alcohol consumption as it increases the risk of blood pressure. Alcohol in excess may also cause you to become obese, in addition to many other health issues.
- Keep a check on your weight: If you are overweight, then look to lose the flab because the chances of being affected by blood pressure exactly double if you are obese. Regulate your diet and exercise on a regular basis to keep your weight in check.
- Reduce salt intake: Consumption of salt causes your body to retain water, which in turn increases your blood pressure. Reducing salt consumption has been shown to reduce blood pressure levels as well. Avoid all sorts of processed foods, especially the ones deep fried in oil and laden with salt.
- Consume more fruits: Include plenty of fruits in your diet as they provide you with necessary nutrients. Increasing fruit intake has also been linked to optimal blood pressure levels. Go for 3-4 servings of fruit every day.
Hi I am 25 years old and I have chest pain from last month. Pain is like stretch in the lower neck but above the chest. What should I do? sometimes I also have a gastro problem.
Sometimes I am having chest pain I had done X-ray, and ECG also but all reports are normal please guide me and what should I do?
Complications of High Blood Pressure Persistent high blood pressure can result in multiple complications.
Hypertensive heart disease results from changes in both the structure of the heart and blood vessels and their function as the body adapts to abnormally high blood pressure. If you can imagine the heart as a pump operating against a fluid circuit, picture the increased work of that pump if pressure within the circuit is increased. Some of the changes caused by persistent high blood pressure can be partially reversed with treatment using ace inhibitor medications.
Hypertension results in wear and tear of vital organs and vessels as a result of mechanical stress.
Blood vessels have mechanisms to regulate blood flow throughout the body, and when high blood pressure occurs, the blood vessels constrict in initial response. Eventually, the walls of the blood vessels thicken and tissue damage occurs, resulting in hardening of the vessel walls.
Hypertensive disease of the eye is known as hypertensive retinopathy. In the retina of the eye, changes in the blood vessels eventually result in disruption of the integrity of the vessel, and blood or fatty acids may leak onto the delicate retinal tissue. This results in permanent vision change, and it's very preventable.
Complications of stroke can be due to hemorrhage of the blood vessels that supply the brain, or, more frequently, can result from poor blood flow through arteries damaged by persistent high blood pressure. Approximately 85% of strokes are ischemic, or due to poor blood flow. Another manifestation of hypertensive disease that affects the brain is hypertensive encephalopathy. This condition refers to a change in mental status, frequently accompanied by headache and nausea, that results from swelling in the brain caused by alterations in blood flow at very high blood pressure. This condition is associated with malignant hypertension, or hypertensive emergency.
Persistent high blood pressure is one of the leading causes of chronic kidney disease, frequently requiring dialysis. Blood is filtered through the kidneys, and when the small blood vessels of the kidney are damaged by chronic uncontrolled hypertension, the body becomes unable to filter waste. People with kidney damage eventually spend hours hooked to dialysis machines that can remove waste products from their bloodstream, or they may require a kidney transplant. In either case, prevention of the complication is preferable and less complex.
Unfortunately, it is easy to underestimate the cumulative effects of high blood pressure, since the damage is asymptomatic initially. It's important to recognize the inevitable consequences of ignoring persistent high blood pressure. If you have high blood pressure, it's important to realize the silent damage occurring over time if your blood pressure is not adequately treated. If you have a high blood pressure reading, you should repeat measurement on two more occasions. If your blood pressure remains above the level your doctor has suggested, it is essential to follow up. There are many excellent and affordable medications available for treatment of hypertension. Some people require a combination of drugs to maintain control. Whatever the case, the inconvenience of treatment is far exceeded by the benefits to your health over a lifetime.