Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. AashishYour feedback matters!
I am bhart Dodiya. I have very unique problem of skin. My skin is very soft it's damage by very rare cut. I have also blood pressure problem. please give some advice.
Haloooo sir. I wanna ask abt some patients suffering from both high and low blood pressure. If they take medicine for high bp and than bp is low. If medicine is taken for low bp. Than bp is high. Plzzxzxz tell some useful and effective drug that should keep the bp stable for the patients suffering from above disease. N some preventive measures also.
I am 22years old male and have heart small pain for last 2months. I have don't used painkiller. But solve this problem.
Hypertension with raised creatinine, raised cholesterol level, elevated Liver enzyme and raised blood sugar?have been detected in my mother report. Please confirm the seriousness and corrective actions.
I am 62, female-long term hypertensive- very active physically-my ECG reads- minimal ST elevation otherwise normal- what does that mean? Even a year back I did stress test perfectly. Should I do any more tests to rule out any heart problem?
Took steroids 8 months back then onwards severe head aches and chest or heart pains. Took medicines but not cured. Current test results are triglycerides 376, HDL 38, VLDL 75.2, INR is 1.20.what to do?
Most people associate fibre to be good for the digestive system. It helps to add roughage and therefore helps in avoiding constipation. When we dig deeper, the fibre seems to do good not just to the stomach but to the heart as well. Those who are prone to develop heart disease should make an attempt to include more fibre in their diet and reap the rich benefits it offers.
There are two classifications of fibres
Dietary are found in diet products and functional being added fibre through various food supplements. Soluble and insoluble fibre, based on their solubility in water. Most foods contain some amounts of both. The insoluble one has more digestive benefits, as it adds to the roughage. Both types have cardiac benefits.
Read on to know some of the cardiac benefits of fibres.
- Reduces cholesterol: There is good cholesterol which is essential for the body, and there is bad cholesterol causes heart disease. What fibres do is reduce the amount of bad and overall cholesterol in circulation. The fibre binds to the cholesterol and removes it from the body, which otherwise would get into circulation and lead to plaque formation and heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure: Because the cholesterol does not circulate in the blood stream, the blood is not as viscous and therefore the vessels exert much less pressure to allow for free flow. A diet change to whole grains can show a marked difference in people with hypertension.
- Weight management: Eating fibre means more bulk and fewer calories so that a person feels full after eating smaller amounts. This is a great way to lose weight and bring preexisting heart disease under control.
- Stroke prevention: The circulating cholesterol usually gets sluggish and settles down along the walls of the blood vessels. This attracts more cholesterol, which eventually forms what is knowns as plaque. When this plaque attains a considerable size, it gets dislodged, circulates in the blood stream, and can reach any of the vital organs. When it reaches the heart or brain, it can lead to heart attack or stroke. By removing the cholesterol which leads to all these complications, fibre reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attacks.
- Management of diabetes: Blood pressure, increased weight, and heart disease all are predisposing factors and have common contributing factors as does diabetes. Controlling all these helps in prolonging the onset of diabetes and reducing its severity too.
High-fiber diet mainly reduces cholesterol which helps in multiple ways to maintain not just a healthy body but also improves the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
I am a 55 years old male with reasonable good health. I have my cholesterol on border line, I want to improve on this with some ayurvedic medicines, can you help? Also , daily when I get up, I feel lethargic and energy less, I do not feel fresh like as you get up from a good sleep, I do not have sugar problem, I have done all my clinical diagnosis.
My father is suffering from diabetes n bp he is 62 years old, bp is now 140/90 n sometimes it will b fluctuating so we consulted his regular check up doctor as well he has given trilosar tablet n sometimes sugar level will b fluctuating, n sometimes normal but he is suffering from creatinine problem it is 3.01. So we are worried about it so is there any best home remedy or medicine to get grid of this crecreatinine problem. Et.
How can I reduce my unwanted cholesterol from my hole body including my stomach area and tell me the solutions.
I am a bp patient. My bp level is 170/100. Doctor prescribed pinom 40 h in the morning and revelol Xl 50 at night. But on google search it is found that hydrochlorothiazide is a sulpha allergy drug. I am a sulfa allergy patient. Shall I continue h combination or stop. Your advice please. But my doctor says that I can continue. It is a different combination. I am confused .waiting for your reply.
Palpitations is the feeling that you experience when your heart beats abnormally. Heart palpitations can be felt in the form of rapid, fluttering or pounding heartbeats. They can be frightening as when you palpate, you heart beats so hard that it even skips a beat and the sensations are so strong that they can be felt all through your chest, neck, and throat.
Palpitations are also common especially in young people because of abnormal electrical circuits in heart from birth. However, they may have normal hearts on Echo. Such palpitations are curable by a nonsurgical methods called Radiofrequency Ablation.
Palpitations can be triggered as a result of a number of reasons like stress, certain medications, exercise etc.
Here are a few prominent causes of heart palpitations.
Causes unrelated to the Heart -
- Anxiety, fear, and stress
- Consumption of alcohol and drugs like caffeine, nicotine etc.
- Consumption of street drugs likes cocaine, amphetamines etc.
- Certain medical conditions such as thyroid, anemia, dehydration, low blood pressure and low sugar levels etc.
- Hormonal changes that occur as a result of menstruation, pregnancy, menopause etc.
- Certain nutritional and herbal supplements
- Certain medications like asthma inhalers, diet pills etc.
- Abnormal levels of electrolyte
- Sensitivity to certain food items like some carbohydrates
Causes related to the Heart -
- Coronary artery disease
- Prior instances of heart attack
- Congestive heart failure (a condition wherein your heart's chambers get affected)
- Problems associated with the heart valves or the heart muscles
Immediate Relief Mechanisms-
It is crucial to go to the most easily available doctor to get an ECG done during palpitations as ECG will give an exact diagnosis, which helps in identifying the clear line of treatment.
Here are a few techniques that can help you in getting immediate relief from heart palpitations until you are able to visit a doctor in case of a serious condition.
- Cough it out
- Splash cold water on your face or take a cold shower
- Practice slow, deep breathing exercises
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 58 yrs. Weight 90 Height 5 ft 7 inches. Recent tests revealed border line/ slight upper side cholesterols vitamin D deficiency (about 19) No sugar/diabetic complications. Thyroid very slight. Hemoglobin 11. Having headaches/heaviness in head at times. Taking amlopres AT Zyloric 100 Ocid 20 daily and for Vitamin D one sachet 1 gm once a week. Kindly advice me probable cause of headaches at times from 3 or 4 days also arise/advice me any addition or changes of medicines.
Having continuous pain in left abdomen above uterus. Can you please suggest. Sonography reports are normal.
I have minor pain in heart last 2 month regularly so what will it it is hart attack problem or other please give me suggestion.
Stroke is a condition known to all for its deadly impact. Even if the affected person survives, the after-effects can be immensely debilitating right from affecting movement to speech. Being informed, you can protect yourself and your loved ones from both ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke. Here are the common signs of stroke that you should be aware of:
- Numbing of arms and legs: Many people wake up and find that their arms and legs are numb and they tend to assume that it is due to compression of the nerve. But the actual reality is that the flow of blood through the arteries running up to the spine is reduced, and it has led to weakness or numbness on either side of the body.
- Double vision and blurriness: Vision problems can also be a strong indicator of stroke even though most people think it is due to long hours of work or aging. When you see two images of the same object, it doesn’t have to mean that you are reading too much. It could mean that the blood vessel in charge of supplying oxygen to the eyes has been disrupted or blocked.
- Slurred speech: Some medicines, particular painkillers can cause speech issues. But this is not the case always; if it is not a side effect that you typically experience after taking painkillers, you should consult a healthcare expert without any delay.
- Confusion and trouble over thinking and articulating: When you find yourself in a state where you cannot recall the right word to explain the right thing, you may rest assured that it is an issue stemming from the stroke. If you find yourself to struggle thinking or finding a word very commonly, then you are heading for big trouble.
- Balance problems: Some people have balance issues, and they think it is due to the dose of alcohol, but experts say it is crucial to identify whether this assumption is correct. You will never have delayed balance problems, and therefore, you cannot blame a drink that you had last day. So, if you have balance issues without any identifiable reason, it is advisable to call a doctor.
- A headache that becomes intolerable at times: Headaches can be a sign of a migraine but in case you are not prone to this ailment, then the debilitating headache could indicate a stroke. Migraine headaches can also mean stroke since both of them have similar signs and symptoms.
- Fatigue that won’t let you stay upright: If you are not doing any physically strenuous job but still feel tired most of the time, it could be a warning sign of stroke. If it continues for over a week, it is recommended that you consult an expert immediately.
Equipped with this knowledge, stay aware and pay attention to the indications your body gives to take care of yourself. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.