Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. AartiYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old. In my right hand and some other places of my body little part have been swollen. It is there from last 5 years. It is not paining. Is it harmful? Help me.
CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE
- Child sexual abuse has been reported up to 80,000 times a year, but the number of unreported instances is far greater, because the children are afraid to tell anyone what has happened, and the legal procedure for validating an episode is difficult. The problem should be identified, the abuse stopped, and the child should receive professional help. The long-term emotional and psychological damage of sexual abuse can be devastating to the child.
- Child sexual abuse can take place within the family, by a parent, step-parent, sibling or other relative; or outside the home, for example, by a friend, neighbor, child care person, teacher, or stranger. When sexual abuse has occurred, a child can develop a variety of distressing feelings, thoughts and behaviors.
- No child is psychologically prepared to cope with repeated sexual stimulation. Even a two or three year old, who cannot know the sexual activity is wrong, will develop problems resulting from the inability to cope with the overstimulation.
- The child of five or older who knows and cares for the abuser becomes trapped between affection or loyalty for the person, and the sense that the sexual activities are terribly wrong. If the child tries to break away from the sexual relationship, the abuser may threaten the child with violence or loss of love. When sexual abuse occurs within the family, the child may fear the anger, jealousy or shame of other family members, or be afraid the family will break up if the secret is told.
- A child who is the victim of prolonged sexual abuse usually develops low self-esteem, a feeling of worthlessness and an abnormal or distorted view of sex. The child may become withdrawn and mistrustful of adults, and can become suicidal.
- Some children who have been sexually abused have difficulty relating to others except on sexual terms. Some sexually abused children become child abusers or prostitutes, or have other serious problems when they reach adulthood.
- Often there are no obvious external signs of child sexual abuse. Some signs can only be detected on physical exam by a physician.
Sexually abused children may also develop the following:
- unusual interest in or avoidance of all things of a sexual nature
- sleep problems or nightmares
- depression or withdrawal from friends or family
Statements that their bodies are dirty or damaged, or fear that there is something wrong with them in the genital area refusal to go to schoolChild Sexual Abuse, “Facts for Families,” No. 9 (5/08)
- delinquency/conduct problems
- aspects of sexual molestation in drawings, games, fantasies
- unusual aggressiveness, or
- suicidal behavior.
Child sexual abusers can make the child extremely fearful of telling, and only when a special effort has helped the child to feel safe, can the child talk freely. If a child says that he or she has been molested, parents should try to remain calm and reassure the child that what happened was not their fault. Parents should seek a medical examination and psychiatric consultation.
Parents can prevent or lessen the chance of sexual abuse by:
- Telling children that if someone tries to touch your body and do things that make you feel
- funny, say NO to that person and tell me right away
- Teaching children that respect does not mean blind obedience to adults and to authority,
For example, don't tell children to, “Always do everything the teacher or baby-sitter tells you to do.”
- Encouraging professional prevention programs in the local school system
- Sexually abused children and their families need immediate professional evaluation and treatment.
- Child and adolescent psychiatrists can help abused children regain a sense of self-esteem, cope with feelings of guilt about the abuse, and begin the process of overcoming the trauma. Such treatment can help reduce the risk that the child will develop serious problems as an adult.
Hi, I'm drinking water every morning before brushing, I read that it's benefits to health, is it true? Please confirm if anything!
I am 17 years old male I am very thin from childhood my body is not healthy Looking So What should I have to do to Get good muscular body?
I feel very fatty during last 5 years as my weight is increasing fastly I tried best to loose weight please suggest me fast way to do that.
Everyone wants to work out but is unable to find time to put in the effort. Exercise, first thing in the day can fresh you up but late afternoon to early evening is the best time to exercise, because our body in general and our muscles and lungs in particular are working at their most optimal performance during this period.
Tips for better workout
Working out at any point in a day is much better than not exercising at all. This is why you should not feel anxious in rescheduling a work out to late evening while ensuring a completion of your daily responsibilities.
In order to provide the body adequate time to cool you should finish working out 3 hours before sleeping.
Body temperature increases after a good work out session and having a bath for only about 3-4 minutes after a session can lower your body temperature significantly.
Abrupt changes in temperature are not good for health therefore, do not jump into your car or head straight to the shower in case you are feeling hot after a workout. Cooling down slowly after the work out can be much more beneficial.
Though you can work out before bed, it would be much better if you do not use your own bedroom for the purpose of exercising.
If you are working out before bed, take a deep and long breath once you have finished. This can help you in sleeping properly. Meditation can also support the same phenomenon because it lowers the level of adrenaline in the body.
Whether Honey and Jaggery/ jaggery made items can be eaten by the Diabetic patients. If yes, how much quantity can be taken.
I'm 25 year old Im in love with my cousin sister (younger), I'm not able to understand what's happening to me and I want to convey this to her. I know that this is very bad, but im not able to control my feeling towards her. I'm in depression please help me out doctor.
Usually after I wake up, I am in a low mood. It alternates. Some days it's quite a bad mood like 7,8 out of 10. Other days it's 2,3. However fir some strange reason it goes off by lunchtime about 1 2 pm. Then I can get going. But in the mornings I feel down, low mood, don't feel like doing anything and cannot get going. How do I get my "get and go" feeling which is had when I was younger! Am now 71, was a businessmen and successful executive now retired. Kindly give me your advise. Thank you.
Calcium is an essential mineral in our diet, and makes up roughly 2% of an adult’s body weight. It is a critical aspect of our bone growth, development and maintenance throughout our entire lives, which is why a deficiency of this mineral is such a serious problem. Fortunately, there are many different calcium supplements on the market to ensure that we get the recommended amount of calcium that our body needs to function and support itself properly.
What are calcium supplements?
- Calcium supplements are ways to get your daily recommended amount of calcium up to its proper levels – roughly 1, 000-1, 200 milligrams per day for men and women. These calcium supplements are tablets or pills with concentrated levels of calcium, and tend to come in two forms: calcium carbonate and calcium citrate.
- Calcium carbonate is the more concentratedof the two, with each pill composed of roughly 40% calcium, but it requires stomach acid to be dissolved and absorbed by the body. Therefore, these pills need to be eaten with your meals.
- Calcium citrate is weaker, providing only 20% calcium in each pill, but they can be taken on an empty stomach, as they do not require stomach acid to be dissolved. Elderly patients suffering from calcium deficiency more commonly use calcium citrate, as stomach acid production slows down as we age.
- Since calcium can only be absorbed and used in small amounts by the body, most calcium supplements range from 150-500 milligrams and are taken 1-2 times per day, depending on how poor your calcium levels are, and how much calcium your typical diet includes. Many supplements also include other minerals in which people are commonly deficient, such as magnesium and vitamin d.
- Speak with your doctor about which of the following calcium supplements may be best for you.
List of calcium supplements:
1. Calcium carbonate
Tums 500os-cal 500caltrate 600viactiv calcium chewsgnc calcium complete
2. Calcium citrate
Cluebonnet calcium citrate magnesium and vitamin d3rainbow light mini-tabletsswanson calcium citrate and vitamin dsolgar calcium citratetwinlab calcium citrate caps
Why do you need calcium?
As mentioned earlier, calcium is required by the body for bone mineral density, and a deficiency in this mineral will increase the risk of osteoporosis, as well as osteopenia. Some of the common symptoms of calcium deficiency include fainting, muscle weakness, psoriasis, brittle nails, tooth decay, seizures, itching, problems swallowing and numbness in the fingers and toes.
Aside from bone strength and durability, calcium is also needed by the body for proper nerve communication and function, as well as for the contraction of muscles throughout the body. Calcium plays a role in protecting cardiac muscle, controlling blood pressure, strengthening the teeth and gums, transporting nutrients throughout the body and keeping the ph balance of the body in line.
Clearly, deficiencies in this important mineral must be taken seriously, due to their comprehensive effects on health.
Food sources of calcium
While supplements are always available to increase your daily intake of calcium, there are also many calcium-rich foods that are easy to incorporate into your daily diet.
Kaleyogurtcheesebok choysardineskefirwatercressfigsclamsgreen beanssesame seeds oranges almonds
￼Benefits of calcium supplements
Calcium supplements can be very effective for improving bone strength, particularly as you age, after a major injury, illness or surgery, or if you are already at high risk for osteoporosis (due to contributing health factors). These supplements can also help in the prevention of arthritis and to help maintain your weight. Furthermore, since so many calcium supplements include magnesium, vitamin d and other commonly deficient vitamins, use of these nutritional supplements can help your body in many other ways too!
Side effects of calcium supplements
The regular use of calcium supplements can have certain negative side effects, such as constipation, excess gas, nausea, irregular heartbeat, muscle pain, dry mouth, headaches or dizziness. These are mainly experienced when you suffer from hypercalcemia, which means your body is taking in too much calcium. When calcium is taken in large concentrations, the body is unable to process all of it at once, so it could begin depositing it in the wrong places.
This sort of excessive calcium in the body can lead to problems with the kidneys, muscles, stomach, bones and even the brain, causing irritability and even depression. If you experience ongoing symptoms of sore muscles and joints, pain in your back and spine, decreased appetite or excessive urination, you are likely suffering from too much calcium.
Speak to your doctor or nutritionist before adding calcium supplements to your daily intake; if your diet already accounts for the daily recommended amount of calcium, there is no need to take supplements.
Things to consider while taking calcium supplements
Before you choose to take calcium supplements, there are a few things to consider, namely your age, diet, pre-existing medical conditions and prescribed medications.
1. Age: depending on how old you are, as well as your gender, you may require more or less calcium. Women under 50 and men under 70 only require 1, 000 milligrams a day, where as women over 50 and men over 70 require approximately 1, 200 milligrams per day. As your age changes, if your diet doesn’t, you may want to consider supplementing with calcium to keep your bones strong.
2. Diet: while there are many different foods that can deliver calcium, certain dietary choices and styles may inherently keep your calcium content low. Vegans tend to lack calcium, as they don’t include dairy products in their diet, which is a great and consistent source of calcium. Furthermore, people who consume foods that are high in protein or sodium tend to lose more calcium through urination, which can lead to osteoporosis, even if your intake of calcium seems acceptable.
3. Medical conditions: certain diseases and conditions demand more calcium from the body, prevent calcium absorption, or cause excessive calcium loss. If you have suffer from chronic inflammation, crohn’s disease or celiac disease, the condition may be preventing calcium absorption in the gut, and calcium supplements may be a good thing. However, if you are at high risk for kidney stones or prostate cancer, high levels of calcium could heighten that risk.
4. Medications: the use of corticosteroids is quite common for chronic disease, and this can lower the body’s ability to absorb calcium. Furthermore, if you are taking antibiotics, it can interfere with how your body takes in calcium, so supplements may be required.
5. Other mineral deficiencies: some of the body’s receptors for nutrients are shared, so calcium, iron and zinc are often in competition in the gut to be absorbed and used. If you have other mineral deficiencies, it may be wise to space out your supplements, rather than taking them all at once, so that your body can properly process each of them.
I am 26 years old. My body structure is not good. Above part of my body is good but lower part is not. I don't know why this problem. Give me any suggestions.
Oestrogen reduces a women's ability to burn energy after eating resulting in more fat being stored around the body
I take 3 pag alcohol daily since 5 years before dinner I am not gaining weight but my tummy is enlarging. Is it due to alcohol. My diet is in control n doing exercise regular.
I am 23 years old. My height is 5'2 and weight is 41 kg. I want to gain some weight. My lower body part specially legs are very thin .Also hands mainly wrist are not healthy these are very thin .my height is not good so I do not want to look fat bt little healthy. please tell what can I do for legs and wrist to make them healthy. My mother and granny has same body structure so is it genetic.
Today we are going to tell you all about Zika virus (ZIKV) and Ebola Viruses in this article, firstly we will learn about Zika Virus which is mosquito-brone flavi-virus which was first identified after monitoring yellow fever in a monkey.
Zika Virus is mainly related to Dengue fever virus West Nile virus. Zika belongs to the virus family falviviridae and fenus flavivirus. Its named after Uganda’s Zika Forest. The dis-ease caused because of Zika virus is called as Zika fever.
Later same symptoms were found in humans as well. Zika virus disease has been recorded to be found in Americans and Asians. Its mainly found in Asians and Africans accompanied by mild illness.
Learn about Gallstones Treatment – Save your Gall Bladder Naturally
Lets learn about Sings and Symptoms of Zika Virus Disease – The time period for disease is not clear, but we can know the signs and symptoms of it. Zika Virus’s main symptoms are similar to other infections conditions as viral fever, swine flu, headache, body pain, back pain, skin problems or dengue etc.
– Skin Rashes
– Red Eyes
Symptoms are mild and usually last for 2-8 days.
How Zika Virus Prevention’s from Zika Virus, Now we should also learn about some precautions and prevention methods from Zika virus disease. Also we should know how Zika transmit into our body.
Firstly we should note that there is no vaccine exists to prevent Zika Virus diseases.
One should avoid mosquito bites, Zika Virus mosquitoes bite in day and night also. Same mosquitoes also spread dengue and chikungunia.
Zika viruses can be passed through sex, thus infection person can pass zika virus to their partners during sex. Condoms can reduce the changes of passing Zika virus during sex.
It can be passed from a already infected pregnant woman to her fetus and it could cause some severe fetal brain defects. The infection can happen during pregnancy or around the time of the birth.
Blood transfusion is also a big cause of Zika viruses diseases, before blood transfusion is done one should be tested for Zika Virus. Around 2.8% Blood donors in a study were found positive for Zika Viruses.
The suggestions for people travelling where, Zika viruses are found.
– Travelers should use enhanced precautions and should be more careful as there are more possibilities of getting bitten by mosquitoes.
– People should avoid travelling to places infected by Zika Virus, or where Zika Viruses live.
– Specially pregnant ladies should not travel to such places, as the infected mother can spread the virus to their fetuses. Thereafter newborn baby is more likely to have microcephaly.
The places where Zika Virus live, people are more likely to have birth defects and neurological problems. so one should avoid travelling or take precautions before visiting.
When should we get treated and tested.
Zika Viruses remain in blood of an infected person for about a week or more,
if you have any of the above mentioned symptoms in this article visit our Clinic and we will help you get rid of Zika Virus effects.
Treatment should be done at earliest if you have any of these symptoms specially if you are pregnant.
Some tests as blood, urine, saliva or semen could be performed to find out Zika Virus, as it is very much similar to dengue or chikungunya.