Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. A R FarikhYour feedback matters!
I have a cyst in my right breast. Is that any serious issue? Can you suggest a medicine for removing that cyst ?
I am 51 years old. For the past 24 years I am struggling with diabetes. I always used to drink coffee, tea with sugar substitute by using SUGAR FREE natural. TWO days back, one dietician told me" don't use Sugar free" because it will lead to Cancer. Is it true? Is there any pool proof research result? Shall I continue to use? Kindly advise.
I was diagnosed with Papillary thyroid carcinoma and successfully cured after RAI Therapy entire Thyroid tissue is destroyed. My pathology report says BRAF V600 POSITIVE, my question is once free from cancer what are the chances of having a secondary cancer?
With the recent number of breast cancer cases on the rise, it is important that we should get the examination done on a regular basis as a preventive measure. Even if someone is suffering from it, it is important that we should make an effort and learn about.
If you have breast cancer then a surgery will be part of your treatment. Based on the condition, surgery will be carried out due to any of the following reasons:
1. To remove the cancerous tissues from the breast
2. To reconstruct the breast once the cancer is removed
3. To check whether the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm
4. To treat symptoms of breast cancer that has progressed to an advanced stage
Breast cancer surgery may be classified into two types
1. Mastectomy: Mastectomy involves removing the entire breast; tissues in the adjoining region may also be removed. A double mastectomy is a procedure where both the breasts are removed.
2. Breast-conserving surgery: In this surgery, only parts of the breast affected by cancer are removed. The area of the breast that is to be removed will depend on the severity of the cancer. Some healthy tissues may also be removed in this surgery.
Usually, if a woman is in the initial stages of cancer then she may opt for the latter as it entails removing parts of the breast. They may also undergo radiation therapy along with these surgeries.
For checking if the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm, the lymph nodes are removed from the body. Once they are removed, they are studied under a microscope to check if it has spread, if yes then the extent of their damage. This procedure is carried out along with the surgery to remove the cancer.
Once the mastectomy procedure is completed, you can opt for a breast reconstruction surgery to rebuild the area. You may opt for this procedure at the time of breast cancer removal or at a later stage. If you are considering breast reconstruction surgery then you should discuss with a surgeon.
Surgery is sometimes not used to treat cancer, but in slowing the progression of cancer or even reducing its symptoms.It is important you talk to your surgeon before the procedure to understand the goal of the surgery.
What is the difference between malignant tumor and benign tumor and a cyst forming in the jaw is harmful to what extent and can be identified as benign or malignant and what is the diagnosis in each case?
PSA free to total ratio. 28/02/2015: 16.702 19/09/2015: 14.684 29/02/2015: 16.340 PSA total. 28/02/2015: 4.245 19/09/2015: 4.733 29/02/2015: 5.465 Digital Rectal Examination 01/10/2015: Normal Family History: Elder brother had prostate cancer Other Symptoms: None Is there a cause of concern here? What should be the next step. Is biopsy a good idea? What is the success rate / benefit of early detection?
I am 19 years old female. I have lump on my left breast and also right breast. Sized 2.5cm. After doing fnac needle test it shows its fibroadenoma? is it safe? can I leave as it is? or should I operate it? if so when can I operate it? after operated will I get any problem?
My age is 23 years. Height is 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. What are the blood test to detect pituitary cancer.
I am 19 years old, female. I am having serious pricking sensation all over the body for quite some months. Like sometime head, fingers,legs, hands, neck then the other moment is in lower abdomen. I seriously can't predict when and where the next moment it gonna pain or choke. I got lump on head and when I consulted a doctor about the head's lump. He said it to be cause of oil gland. Neurologist And now I got lump on my breast bone. I got the pricking and choking sensation in my heart and breast. I seriously don't know what I am going through. I have no idea which department should I see and consult a doctor. I will be very thankful if you gonna help me. Thanking you.
Hi, I am 7 month pregnant I have feel pain when I touch my left breast side near my armpit in particular side. In whole pragnancy I have this pain. My left breast size also bigger than right. I have small lump in my left breast but Dr. Says its normal. So why I have pain in particular area. Please suggest me.
Patient has been diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 3 - Nottingham Histologic Score - 3 + 3 + 3 = 9. Can you suggest the prognosis? The tumor is NOS in right break measuring 24-22-14 mm. I have attached the report also. Please let me know if it is curable and what are the chances of relapse.
I am a 29 year old female. I want a solution for sagging breast. I have a 20 mnyhs old baby and I breastfeed him.
I am 40 year old and use rajni Gandhi without tobacco and now my mouth not fully open it should be cancer tell me.
My father is 65 year old, recently he was operated for prostrate gland, due to enlargement of gland. But after few days, he feels very less hunger, due to which he is very weak, he don't feels to eat more, he is also suffering from diabetes. please help.
Hi, I was having pain in my breast and my breasts become a little bit hard so it is normal or it have any problem please help me what can I do to get relief from this pain.
While you cannot cure breast diseases, family history and maturing, but there are some hazards or risks that you can control. Keeping in mind the fact that there is no certain approach to forestall breast cancer, there are things you can do that may bring down the hazard. Here are five approaches to ensure your breast's well-being:
- Watch your weight: Being overweight or hefty expands breast cancer chances. This is particularly true after menopause and for women who have put on weight as grown-ups. After menopause, the vast majority of your estrogen originates from fat tissue. Having more fat tissue can heighten your chances of getting breast cancer by raising the estrogen levels. Additionally, women who are overweight have a tendency to have more elevated amounts of insulin, than other hormones. Higher insulin levels have been associated with a few tumors, including breast cancer.
- Exercise routinely: Many reviews have found that exercise is the sign of having a healthy breast. Studies show that one to two hours of energetic walking each week, lessened a woman’s cancer risk by eighteen percent. Walking ten hours seven days decreased the hazard all the more.
- Constrain liquor: Women who have two to five mixed beverages every day have a higher danger of breast cancer than women who have just one drink a day or none . As much as three to six glasses of wine seven days have been found to somewhat increase breast cancer chances. It is not clear how or why liquor raises the hazard. In any case, constraining liquor is particularly essential for women who have other hazard variables for breast cancer, like, breast cancer running in their families.
- Restrain time spent sitting: Research has shown that sitting time, regardless of how much exercise you get when you are not sitting, increases the probability of growing cancer, particularly for women. Women who sit six hours or more a day outside of work have a ten percent more serious risk for breast cancer compared to the ladies who sit under three hours a day, and an increased hazard for other cancer types as well.
- Stay away from or confine hormone substitution treatment: Hormone Replacement Treatment (HRT) was utilized frequently in the past to control night sweats, hot flashes, and other troublesome manifestations of menopause. In any case, specialists now realize that postmenopausal ladies who take a blend of estrogen and progestin might probably create breast tumors or cancer. Breast cancer disease seems to come back within five years in the wake of ceasing the blend of hormones. Therefore, get a breast cancer test even if you feel a small lump. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.