Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A K. GavlaniYour feedback matters!
Hii Male 26, non smoker My lips are very dark from childhood itself Please tell me how to clear darkness. Thanks.
Skin rashes are a regular problem in both men and women. These can be caused by a variety of factors, both internal and external to the body. However, rashes on the genitals and the groin area can be very problematic, painful and embarrassing. Some could be caused due to problems within the body while some could be contracted externally such as rashes caused by STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).
Types of groin rashes in women
Women tend to be affected by rashes as the genital area along with the innerwear tends to be a fertile breeding ground for microorganisms. Infections can also grow uninhibited if medications or appropriate precautions aren’t taken. Some of the common types of groin rashes in women along with their causes are mentioned below.
- Chaffing or intertrigo: This is one of the most common forms of rashes, which are both painful and can be unsightly as well; these look like inflamed spots. This is primarily caused by the rubbing of the inner thighs against each other.
- Jock itch: Although more commonly associated with men, Jock itch can affect women as well. Medically known as ‘tinea cruris’, jock itch occurs when the moisture from your sweat gets trapped within the folds or creases of skin in the groin area thus, encouraging fungi (dermatophyte fungi) to grow there. It is more common among obese people or if you happen to wear tight clothing during exercise. The rash will look like raised papules, which are red in color and quite itchy.
- Infections caused by the imbalance or proliferation of fungi such as yeast: Yeast infections caused by fungi candida usually occur when the pH (the alkaline to acidity) balance of the vagina is disrupted. This will not only result in vaginal discharge, itching pain and discomfort, but will also result in rashes around the vagina along with swelling.
- Contact rashes: Dermatitis may be transferred either through skin to skin contact or by using shared utensils and clothing items such as towels. Contact dermatitis or skin infections look like red rashes and can happen anywhere within the body, including the genitals and groin.
- Friction rashes: Some rashes occur as a result of adverse reactions to items of clothing rubbing against the skin such as jeans or using razors or the use of nylon thongs. These rashes occur due to the body reacting to these and look more like inflammation of the skin.
- Rashes caused by STIs and STDs: Certain rashes may develop on a woman’s groin as a manifestation of sexually transmitted diseases and infections. Some examples of these are Chlamydia, gonorrhea or syphilis and herpes; just to mention a few. These are usually accompanied by mild to severe pain and can only be cured after a proper consultation with the doctor.
Get to the doctor: Heat rashes, intertrigo and friction rashes usually go away by themselves. Vaginal yeast infections may require topical creams while other forms of bacterial infections can be treated by creams or oral antibiotics after proper consultation with a physician. If the pain is unusual and the rashes tend to persist along with other symptoms, you should immediately visit your doctor for further analysis and treatment. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Am a 25 years old male and I am suffering from white patches effect on my lips and hand. This effect was just before 2 months. What should I do?
I have a white circle attached to left side of my lips on my face. Additionally, a similar kind of white circle had developed in my thigh, which is quite itchy. How do I remove it?
M 29 years male. Spotted white patches on my pennies skin few months back near the root. Now it has started spreading. What should be done?
Ageing is an irreversible process of human existence. With ageing, your skin will start to show problems and one of them would be the loosening or sagging of skin. While there are many treatments available to counter this problem, one of the most effective and popular methods is laser skin tightening.
In this method, a focused beam of infrared light is used to heat up the collagen under the skin. This triggers collagen growth resulting in the skin becoming tighter, thus, reduces sagging, wrinkles, lines and other blemishes in the process.
Who can go for laser skin tightening?
Laser skin tightening is targeted towards both men and women of any age. Most of the candidates who avail of laser skin tightening are within the age range of 30 to 60 years and have common complaints about skin caused due to age. Some of the problems that laser skin tightening can deal with very well are mentioned as follows:
Tightening and repairing loose facial skin
Reducing fine lines all over the body
Reducing wrinkles all over the body
However, you should know that laser skin tightening will not be able to correct loose facial skin if they form jowls or droopy sacs. In such cases you may need to avail of other surgeries, such as a face lift to correct the laxity of facial skin. You can then follow it up with laser skin tightening to eliminate the remaining wrinkles or lines.
Which of the areas of the body can be treated by laser skin tightening?
This form of treatment has been found to be very effective with skin from all over the body. Some of the areas which can be treated are
Neck among others
Laser skin tightening can treat even moderate amount of laxity in all of these areas, thus reducing the need to go for more invasive types of surgery such as tummy tuck surgery or even liposuction.
When would laser skin tightening not be applicable?
Laser skin tightening is a very commonly availed procedure all around the world and there are very few risks usually associated with it. However, it is not advisable in certain circumstances:
Right now do not have acne. But the deep scars are there. How would my skin become plain and scars free. Give me advice please.
Hello. I'm 16 year old. I am suffering from some tiny holes like things on my parts of face from 1 year. I thought that it will disappear automatically but I was wrong. So please all the doctors out there. HELP ME to get rid of out this holes. PLEASE!
Sir mere penis ki skin rough type ki ho gayi h aur uper ki skin papdi ki tarah nikal rahi h what I do?
Healthy, beautiful and soft skin is a dream of everyone. A good and well balanced diet can help to get perfect skin. Make sure your diet is rich in vitamins and proteins, also natural herbs can be useful in maintaining healthy skin. Here are some healthy foods, herbs and natural tips for good looking skin.
Food for Healthy Skin
• Fresh Green Salad/Raw Vegetables: (2-3 serving/day) : Tomato, Cucumber, Radish, Carrot, Cabbage, Mentha, Coriander, Green Onion etc.
• Fresh green leafy Vegetables : (2-3 serving/day) : Spinach, Fenugreek, Gourd, French Beans, Green Beans, Peas, Cauliflower, Capsicum etc.
• Fresh seasonal fruits (3-4 serving/day) : Apple, Sweet Lemon, Litchi, Pear, Banana, Papaya, Pomegranate.
• Sprouted Cereals: Daily 1 Plate.
• Water intake 10-12 glass/day.
Natural Herbs for Healthy Skin
• Fresh Vegetables: Carrot, Tomato, Cucumber
• Fresh Fruits: Sweet Lemon, Pomegranate
• Leafy Vegetables: Spinach, Cabbage, Lemon, Mentha
Wash, peel, cut and mix any of the above combination. Extract juice and consume daily.
• Indian Gooseberry (Amla) – Quantity: 2
• Lemon – Quantity: 1
• Any fresh citrus fruit – Quantity: 2
• Fresh leafy veg. – Quantity: 100 gm
• Honey – Quantity: 1 teaspoon
Wash peel, cut and mix all the above items. Extract juice and consumes daily.
• Use face wash and body wash for cleaning face and body.
• Always apply moisturizer after bathing (whole body and face).
• Away from stress and junk and fast food.