Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A.K. ChandiramaniYour feedback matters!
My face is getting spoiled. I am loosing hair. I am tending to look more older then I am actually. I smoke 2 per day. I wanna improve my face get a glow and save my hair. If possible become fair. Help me.
SIR/Madam, I have got many blackheads on my face and I am sick from these blackheads please tell me how I can remove them.
Mera color fair tha phele but ab din pe din vo black hota ja raha hai please suggest me any ayurvedic or homeopathic. Med.
Hi I am 17 year old boy. By almost a month now I have been having a black mark in the middle of my lower lips. Only in the middle it is there rest everywhere its fine. Earlier I thought it may go after few days but now its been a month. Please tell me about this.
I suffering from facial skin rashes dullness blackheads etc. It came when I scrub on my face. When pimples are on my face. It cuts my skin and goes inside my skin. How it cures. please help me.
I have a scar on my arm due to some bad habits please tell me how should I get over it that should be properly treated.
We know that applying aloevera gel is goof for our face. I regularly apply the aloevera gel extracted from my home plant n keep it for 30 mins n then wash it off. But overtime I use it for a continuous of 3-4 days. Pimples start coming out. My skin is oily but in both winter n summer season. Applying aloevera on my face on a regular basis brings out pimples. Do I continue to use it. As it makes my skin soft n fair also. No doubt at that. What to do then?
I have question regarding to my skin, as my skin is scratch by any or my own then my skin get swell.
I am suffering from acne type on my leg. And I want to know that how to reduce their marks. Please tell me the solution to this problem.
Sir, I have GB polyp size 3.5 mm*2.5 mm. I have no pain, is this necessary to take surgery .And what food can I eat.
My 3 month daughter has red shiny rashes in between the crease of her neck. What can I do to prevent it?
Hello sir/mam. I have pimples on my face. My skin is oily. Problem of pimples as well as black spots on my centre of cheek. Last year I went for treatment to doctor they advised me to use cleargel and benzoyl peroxide cream. But using benzoyl peroxide i'm not able to get glow on my face. Please advice me best medicine for pimples, dark spot as well as for glowness of face as I am using" cleargel? thanks in advance no aleopathy please.?
Hi doctor I am beauty I am 28 year old woman I have I have dark complexion what should I do to get fair color.
This is a very common skin disease that causes a rash. When this rash appears, it often looks like the one pictured above. The skin tends to have a:
Swollen and greasy appearance.
White or yellowish crusty scale on the surface.
One or more of these rashes can appear on the body. Sometimes, the affected skin itches.
Who gets and causes What causes seborrheic dermatitis?
Researchers are still studying what causes this common skin disease. From what they have learned, it appears that the cause is complex. Many factors seem to work together to cause seborrheic dermatitis. These factors may include the yeast that normally lives on our skin, our genes, living in a cold and dry climate, stress, and a person’s overall health.
By studying seborrheic dermatitis, researchers have learned the following:
It is not caused by poor personal hygiene.
It is not an allergy.
It does not harm the body.
Who gets seborrheic dermatitis?
People of all colors and ages get seborrheic dermatitis. You have a higher risk if any of the following apply to you.
People in these two age groups are most susceptible:
Infants 3 months of age and younger.
Adults between 30 and 60 years of age.
Your risk increases if you have any of these medical conditions:
HIV (About 85 percent of people infected with HIV develop seborrheic dermatitis).
Acne, rosacea, or psoriasis.
Stroke or heart attack (recovering from).
If you are taking any of the following medicines, your risk for seborrheic dermatitis increases:
Habif TP, Campbell JL, et al. “Seborrheic dermatitis.” In: Dermatology DDxDeck.China, Mosby Elsevier: 2006, p. 40.
Plewig G Jansen T. “Seborrheic Dermatitis.” In: Wolff K, Goldsmith LA, Katz SI, et al. editors. Fitzpatrick’s Dermatology in General Medicine, 7th ed. United States of America, McGraw Hill Medical; 2008. p.219-25.
Sir mujhe daad ki problems h mai pahle ring guard ya terbinaforce plus lagata tha to thi ho jata tha lekin is bar 15 days se daily use krne pr bhi thiknhi ho rha h aur ek hi jagah pr kai sare ho gye h please suggest me some medicines.
There are many cosmetic ingredients that can actually have a negative effect on your skin in the long run. The skin is a layer that must be taken care of. This does not merely include staying away from pollutants and dirt and cleaning your skin with the best products. It also means staying away from the wrong cosmetics and ingredients which can harm your skin. So let us look at the ten elements from the world of cosmetics that can do more harm than good for the skin.
1. Carcinogens in Lipsticks: This cosmetic ingredient can suck the moisture out of your lips and leave it looking discoloured in the long run. The carcinogenic oils and chemicals that are contained in many long wear lipsticks can damage the delicate skin leaving it exposed to the risk of cancer as well.
2. Benzoyl Peroxide: This is a toxic element that can be found in a number of cosmetics and must be avoided at all costs as it may also expose you to the risk of cancer.
3. Synthetic Colors: The use of synthetic colours in many cosmetics helps you in getting that unique colour of your eyes, cheeks and even lips. But did you know that too much use of this product can actually harm your skin? This is due to the coal tar source of the ingredient which is a skin irritant.
4. Parabens: These widely used preservatives can be found in a number of cosmetics like body washes, shampoos, facial cleansers and even deodorants. This has elements that can cause breast cancer with its estrogen mimicking effects.
5. Triclosan: This antimicrobial chemical also acts as an endocrine disruptor, which can have an adverse effect on the thyroid glands as well as the production of the reproductive hormones. It can be found in soaps and toothpaste.
6. Bleach Cream: Hydroquinone cream is one of the most commonly used ingredients in bleach creams, which causes significant damage to the skin. This also breaks down the essential natural oils of the skin to cause redness and rashes.
7. Acrylates in Nail Paint: These chemicals are usually found in acrylic nail paint and can cause cellular damage on the skin and can cause neurological problems and organ toxicity.
8. Fragrance: The chemical and synthetic fragrances used in many perfumes can be found in detergents and fabric softeners as well, which can have a harsh effect on one’s skin.
9. Dioxin: This is an ingredient used in many cosmetics and it may cause malfunctioning of the nervous system as well as rashes on the skin.
10. Wax: Wax is an ingredient can cause bleeding and lead to changes in the direction of the growth of hair from hair follicles. It can also make the skin rough in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.