Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. A.G BallaniYour feedback matters!
Can I take ginseng to increase my penis strength. Is it safe to take or will have any side affect. Please tell me. What are the benefits.
I keep getting told by load of people that all different days sperm live in female body getting told 24 hrs then 7 days then 3 days I don't mind if it lives in 3 days as I had sex yesterday and egg get released on Friday so that would be fine but now got told 24 hrs I need honest answer of how long sperm live in my body for not mixed answers.
Mujhe kafi bar acidity ho jata hai phir pet dard aur ultiya bhi hoti hai. Isse mai kaise permanently thik kru.
Sir I have serious hair fall. And weaknesses and illness. I m getting vomiting 3yo4 times per day. please help me. I m in trouble.
Staying hydrated at all times is essential for a glowing complexion. Do avoid alcoholic or aerated drinks that are full of sugar and replace them with water whenever possible. Get daily dose of vitamin c to protect against the sun and get a bright even skin tone.
Intake of leafy green vegetables dark berries oily fish and nuts is a great way to achieve a balanced skin texture. Muncing on nuts also helps heal skin faster
I am 25 years old married. I have got PCOS. But for the fast few months I was getting my periods regularly. This month despite I have crossed my dates I still not have got and m having symptoms of stomach cramps giddiness etc. Please help.
I am suffering from sexual disorder. My sperm count has declined n I have time problem as wel n my pence has so small in diameter n length. Sir sugest me what I do to increase my sperm count. I have no child yet.
Dear doctor my penis is 2 inch in normal. When it erects 5 inches only and I never had a intercourse . I want improve my size and girth I use to masturbation every day . And I have pre mature ejaculation prob also and some infection s between my thys kindly help me.
Cultures all across the world have their typical ways of dealing with sexuality and while all cultures bring something good, they also have their bad quirks as well. While India gave the world Kama Sutra, it also perpetuates sexual conditions such as the Dhat syndrome due to certain long held beliefs. These cause many problems among men and women and in the context of modern medicine, should be treated as a psychological problem.
What is Dhat Syndrome?
Dhat syndrome is the fear that a man is losing his semen without any control over it. Men afflicted by Dhat syndrome often complain that they are losing semen involuntarily, and thus feeling fatigued all the time. Some of the other complaints and symptoms associated with Dhat syndrome can be categorized as follows:
- Suffering from premature ejaculation
- Impotence or erectile dysfunction bought on by a psychological fear of losing semen
- Fear that the person is losing semen through urine
- Person feels guilty or embarrassed about masturbation or sex
- Has anxiety disorders which can affect daily functioning
The causes for Dhat Syndrome:
This is a psychological issue caused primarily by social taboos and deeply ingrained beliefs which stem from religious doctrine or social stigma. For example, semen is considered to be a vital fluid and an integral part of life force. The belief is formed from an old Hindu spiritual belief that semen is very hard for the body to produce. This is ingrained into some boys who then feel guilty at accidental discharges such as nightfall or ejaculation through masturbation.
Diagnosis by Doctors:
Most doctors classify this as a psychological disorder as there are many other forms with slight variations of this present in many other cultures. Some examples of these are:
- Jiryan primarily in South East Asia
- Shen-k'uei in China
- Prameha in Srilanka
This is also commonly known as semen loss anxiety and is seen in certain western cultures too. The notion that holding onto semen is valuable for a man's vitality is not only a wrong notion but it stops the men from having a normal sex life. Even masturbation can make them feel guilty.
The only treatment options that are effective against this condition are cognitive behavioral therapies which use psychological intervention along with social exercises. This and being informed about your body from proper medical sources will help you release the inhibitions and lead a normal sex life.
Swine Flu or H1N1 influenza is a viral respiratory infection, which strikes like a ‘common-cold' infection but is more severe in symptoms and the outcomes. The influenza virus mutates extremely fast and is highly infectious. The typical symptoms of Swine flu are a cough, sore throat, fever, headache chills and fatigue.
Respiratory hygiene involves maintaining a distance of at least 3 feet from a person who is coughing and sneezing. Proper cough etiquette demands that the infected person ensures that he or she covers their mouth and nose with a tissue while coughing or sneezing and then disposes of the tissue immediately to stop the disease from spreading to others. In a case where a tissue may not be available, it is best to cough and sneeze into one's upper sleeves and not in their hands or a handkerchief. Sneezing and coughing into one's hands/ using a handkerchief are reasons why the disease spreads at such a rapid pace.
In most cases the swine flu attack is mild and requires no admission and special care, it can be treated like a normal viral fever. It is important that awareness is raised especially amongst school children about necessary prevention measures. They must be taught the importance of regular hand washing especially in a season where swine flu and other infections are rampant. People suspected of swine flu must take necessary steps to avoid spreading the illness."
Hand hygiene refers to washing one's hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rubs. Patients suspected of swine flu must ensure that they never cough and sneeze in their hands as they can spread the infection through mere touch. School children should regularly maintain hygiene since they are in regular contact with several children who may be suffering from the disease but may not be aware of how to prevent it from spreading. It is thus necessary for all parents to educate their children about necessary preventive measures.
Hello, I have participated in sex with my girl friend 2 days back. Un fortunately while inter course the condom has broke. She took the contraceptive pill with in the next hour. But we still hav some fear whether the pill works or not. If it works how to know that it works. please help me out. Thank you.
I have a back pain problem and urinary problem .And also testicle heating. I consulted the doctor and took so many test. Urinary tests all normal. And I have 4 mm stone in kidney doctor gave me a tablet and said drink lots of water. My body always get over heating. And my testicle also heating. Could you pls someone tell me a proper diet and what foods I should eat to avoid heat problem and to overcome kidney stone.
We came to know last week that my father got sugar levels above 500 and now in present it is not coming down from 300 please let me know how to get level down.
My RBC count in blood are 4.15 millions/c.mm and my urine blood is positive. Urine rbc 10-14/hpf. Urine wbc 6-7/hpf. These are all the abnormal values I can find in my blood and urine reports. I cannot see any urine in my blood and there is no pain while urinating or I do not urinate frequently. What could be my problem? I have an appointment next week but I'm eager to know what is my problem? Could you please help.
Plantar fasciitis is an orthopedic problem that gives rise to pain in the foot and heel due to strain or pressure on the plantar fascia. This is a ligament or connective tissue which lies in a flat band, connecting your heel with the toes and effectively, providing a basis for the motion of the feet in general. Inflammation, swelling and bruising of this tissue or ligament can lead to excessive pain in the heel.
Let us look at ways that can help you deal with this pain:
- Rest: Taking rest and giving your feet a break from all kinds of strain inducing activities can help in relieving the pain. Also, you can keep your feet elevated to help in reducing the pain in the area.
- Supportive footwear: Using pads within your shoes with gel built into them, or using specific footwear that helps in walking without feeling too much of pain is a good way of dealing with Plantar fasciitis. The shoe inserts must be rubber, felt or plastic so that they are soft for your feet. They also give your heel and its arch good support, while Orthotics pulls the ligament so that there is less stress on the same. You can also pull on a pair of night flints which will keep the foot and the ligament stretched while you enjoy a good night of sleep.
- Exercise: Indulging in mild muscle strengthening exercise that also involves stretching and heel hooks can help in alleviating chronic pain that you may be suffering from. Lie flat on your back and take a towel. Lift your leg and hook your foot into it. Now press against the towel and pull down the towel simultaneously. Repeat at least ten times per foot. This will give you flexibility and strength in the area.
- Painkillers: Use pain killers only when absolutely necessary and with due advice from the doctor or Orthopaedic specialist. The use of Ibuprofen and other pain relievers can help in numbing the pain inducing nerves in the brain and give you instant relief.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication that can bring down the swelling for more comfortable functioning when you are on your feet. Naproxen is one such drug that helps in bringing down the inflammation. Also, corticosteroid injections can relieve severe pain.
- Surgery: Heel spur removal or Plantar fascia release are some of the surgical options for chronic and severe cases.
Taking care of your feet is a matter of ensuring that you look into the slightest discomfort and report the same to a doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.