Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for The Good Health ClinicYour feedback matters!
Also called gluten-sensitive enteropathy and celiac sprue, celiac disease is an autoimmune digestive disorder, wherein the consumption of gluten-based foods leads to damage of the tissues that line the small intestine. This hinders the ability of your body to absorb the essential nutrients from the foods you eat.
Under normal conditions, the immune system of the body offers protection against external intruders. When individuals diagnosed with celiac disease consume gluten-based foods, gluten resistant antibodies are formed by the immune system. This causes them to attack the linings around the intestines, thus causing irritation in the digestive tract and harming the villi (hair-like structures on the covering of the small intestine which absorb nutrients from the food). This impairs the nutrient absorbing capacity of the individual, thus increasing chances of malnourishment.
Celiac disease has symptoms that vary from patient to patient. Some of the common symptoms include:
- Digestive problems such as:
- Aphthous ulcers which are basically sores occurring in the mouth
- Tingling sensation in the legs which are caused by low calcium and nerve damage
- Growth issues in children since they cannot absorb the required amount of nutrients
- A severe skin rash called dermatitis herpetiformis.
- Musculoskeletal problems such as bone and joint pain as well as muscle cramps
- Irregular menstrual cycles
Other complications associated with celiac disease
- Miscarriage or Infertility
- Osteoporosis. This is a disease which weakens the bones and causes fractures. It is caused because of a deficiency of Vitamin D and calcium.
- Intestinal Cancer
- Other birth defects: Such as irregular spinal shape because of the deficiency of certain nutrients, especially folic acid.
I am 16 year old and have small bumps on my penile shaft and around it earlier I thought that they are fordyce spot but now they itch also the sanitation is also ok my question is can I have a penile cancer its been 1 year to the bumps they did not got away.
The vast majority of us never consider our sinuses when we take a full breath through the nose. For others, this problem of stuffy nose, excruciating headaches, fever and infections, in episodes of sicknesses, last up to twelve weeks no less than four times each year. We should take a look at how this issue occurs and how to help them through Maharishi Ayurveda. This is how sinusitis occurs:
- Sinus issues are really brought on by a fundamental irregularity in Prana Vata (the subdosha of Vata that sees the brain and the head) and Shleshaka Kapha (a subdosha of Kapha, which administers oil and dampness levels).
- At the point when these two sub-doshas are at the same time imbalanced, another problem emerges. Ama, the sticky waste that is a result of processing, gets blended with Shleshaka Kapha in the sinus area, shaping a more toxic, sticky bodily fluid called Shleshma. Shleshma settles in the zone and stops the channels of the sinuses. Because of the confinement and blocking, Pitta dosha likewise gets to be imbalanced, and irritation occurs.
- At that point when each of the three doshas are out of adjustment, the body turns into a ground for bacteria, allergens, or infections. Air contamination, changes of hot and frosty climate increase it further. Eating unnecessary measures of chilly, sweet, not being able to workout or exercise can add to the problem.
Here is how it can be cured through Ayurveda:
Step 1: Eat foods that are not very hot, furthermore not very chilly. Stay away from extraordinary temperatures or foods that have extreme temperatures, for example, stew peppers or super cold foods and refreshments. Eat properly cooked, warm dinners that are light, sustaining, and simple to process. For instance, for breakfast, you could eat a stewed apple, and for the dinner eat khichari (a light and sustaining porridge made with two sections rice and one section mung dhal).
Step 2: Drink a lot of water seasoned with flavours, to decontaminate the sinuses of toxins and to allow the harmful waste that has developed to stream out. Bubble two quarts of water, empty the water into a bottle, and put two leaves of basil, two thin cuts of ginger, four leaves of mint, two bits of clove, and ¼ teaspoon of marshmallow root. Continue drinking this water for the duration of the day, however, make it again every morning.
Step 3: Detoxify the body and restore the sinus territory. Eat a lot of natural, crisp foods grown from the ground. Abstain from eating eggplant, banana, tomato and pepper, since these block the channels. Try not to skip meals or suppers, since that will annoy the stomach and create more problems for your body.
Meat forms an essential part of the daily diet of many people. But it often gets difficult to choose between white meat (chicken or fish) and red meat (beef or pork or mutton) due to the numerous health benefits offered by both. Moreover, both kinds of meat have some health risks as well, which should be kept in mind while consuming either of them.
Read on to find how each type of meat may affect your health, and, which will be more beneficial for your body.
People who are more conscious about their weight often tend to choose white meat over red meat because of its lower fat content. For example, fat content in chicken is only about 11%, whereas pork contains about 45% fat. Moreover, the saturated fat content of red meat is about 2.64 times that of white meat.
100 gm of chicken breast has about 29.80 gm of protein, whereas the same amount of lamb and pork contain 22.51 gm and 27.55 gm protein respectively. In this case, consumption of white meat will prove to be beneficial as your body can absorb only 74% of the protein in red meat and 80% of the protein in white meat.
Other nutrient content
Red meat is rich in niacin, vitamin b12, riboflavin and thiamine, iron and minerals like zinc and phosphorus. While vitamin b12 aids proper nerve health and ensures that the red blood cells function properly, zinc is responsible for strengthening your immune system.
White meat contains fewer nutrients in comparison to red meat. However, fish contains high amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which help in improving lipid profiles and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Consumption of both types of meat has been long associated with increased risk of different diseases. The presence of myoglobin, a type of protein in red meat, is responsible for increasing the risk of certain types of cancer. Also, red meat has been often linked with increased chances of hypertension and heart diseases.
These days, feeding antibiotics to chicken for enlarging their size has become a common practise. So, consumption of this type of meat increases the amount of drug-resistant bacteria in your body and reduces the effect of useful drugs too.
White meat and red meat both have their own health benefits and risks, so including small amounts of both in your diet will prove to be beneficial for your body. Determine the amount of each type of meat you will consume depending on your body's specific requirements.
Ear discharge may occur due to several reasons. Injury or trauma to the ear canal, a ruptured ear drum or an infection in the middle ear may be the most common causes of ear discharge. Eczema, swimmer’s ear and other skin irritations may also lead to this problem. While there are some simple home remedies to treat this disorder, always consult an ENT specialist if the discharge does not stop after the application of those treatments.
Let us look at some common ways to treat this disorder.
- Use gravity: While this method does not treat ear discharge per se, it does help in draining the fluid build-up in the ear. Just lie down on your side keeping the affected ear parallel to the ground. Use your finger to create a vacuum inside your ear and drain the fluid inside it. The finger must be clean. You can also use a cotton wad for this purpose. Another way could be by simply lying on your side with a towel under your ear.
- Use a warm compress: This treatment promotes the flow of ear discharge to its outer part, thereby alleviating the pain. Dip a clean piece of cloth in warm water, wring the cloth as much as you can and then place it around your ear for 2-5 minutes. Lie down on your side.
- Inhale steam: Inhaling steam, opens up the Eustachian tube, thereby promoting the flow of the trapped ear discharge. Simply mix a little bit of eucalyptus oil with some water, boil the mixture and inhale the steam. Tilt your head to one side so that the fluid drains out. Do this exercise for 5-10 minutes. Cover your head and the water with a towel to prevent the steam from escaping. Repeat this exercise as needed.
- Use vinegar and rubbing alcohol mixture: Vinegar and rubbing alcohol have excellent anti-microbial properties. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and rubbing alcohol. Put some drops of the mixture in a dropper. Lie down on your side with the infected ear upwards. Insert some drops of the solution with the dropper in your ear. Wait for 10 minutes and then drain out the ear discharge by tilting the infected ear to the other side. Repeat this exercise twice a day for better results.
- Use garlic oil: Crush 2-3 garlic cloves and extract its oil. Use a dropper to put 2-3 drops of this extract into your affected ear. Tilt the head to one side so that the juice settles down. Now hold a dryer next to the infected ear and let the warm air blow inside it. Repeat this exercise twice a day for better results.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Immuno Shots or allergy shots, in other words, are known as allergen immunotherapy. As the name suggests, it provides a complete relief from severe allergies for longer durations. Severe allergy symptoms can play havoc with life and can curtail your daily activities. You can opt for immuno shots when none of the other treatment plans are working out. Allergies can be due to many reasons, such as dust mites, pollen, feathers, insect bites, pets and pollution.
How can immuno shots benefit you?
Immuno shots can easily reduce the signs of different allergens
Helps build immunity naturally in your body
Reduces your long-term usage of allergy medication
Cost effective in the long-term
Has reduced side effects as compared to other medications
Immuno shots can easily control allergies triggered by
Who can go for immuno shots?
They also work effectively on allergies caused by dust mites, pollens, pet dander and bee stings, etc.
Immuno shots are not recommended for children less than 5 years of age, pregnant women, people suffering from cardiovascular diseases
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Proper and sound hearing is essential for a healthy living. If you are suffering from lack or loss of hearing, chances are that you are missing out on life itself. Therefore, it is imperative that you undergo treatments in case you are suffering from any kind of hearing ailment.
There are various reasons that contribute to loss of hearing. Some of the common causes are:
- Increasing noise
- Genetically inherited
Over the years various surgical and non-surgical methods have surfaced that can help repair loss of hearing and damage. Among the other branches of medicines, Ayurveda is the most old and ancient method. It uses natural herbs in order to correct and treat hearing loss. This has proved to be extremely beneficial and potent and it cures hearing ailments with the help of a number of natural methods. Some of them are:
- Lukewarm mustard oil or sesame oil: If you are suffering from ache in ears or loss in hearing, try putting few drops of warm mustard oil and sesame oil in your ear and hold it with index fingers. At the same time store air in your mouth and let your cheeks contract and bulge for a minute or so. This ayurvedic tip considerably improves hearing and reduces ear pain.
- Radish juice and sesame oil: If you are suffering from sores and hearing problems, a mixture of the two can be beneficial. In this method, a small quantity of Radish juice should be boiled with a small quantity of sesame oil, till the juice absorbs the oil. This mixture should be administered twice a day in order to experience the results.
- Applewood oil: A variety of ingredients are required in order to create the resultant oil. Initially cow's urine should be boiled and the applewood powder must be added to it. This mixture should then be filtered and further added with sesame and goat's milk. This concoction is then boiled and the resultant oil should be stored and applied with cotton daily. This improves hearing a great deal.
- Mixture of neem and turmeric: In this method turmeric and neem leaves are boiled together. The steam should be taken as well as the water must be applied on the ears and surrounding areas. This has proved to be an extremely effective remedy in treating pus in the ears and consequent hearing loss.
- Mixture of Radish juice, turmeric, sesame oil and ajwain seeds: All these ingredients must be taken in selective quantities and boiled to get the resultant oil. This oil must be stored and used to treat loss of hearing and other ear diseases.
Before 20 days me and my gf made love. But we did not do sex. Except sex we did everything. She is still virgin. We regret anal sex also. But little sperm touches her anal and little bit very small on vagina, on outer skin of vagina. Can you told me is there any chances of pregnancy. Because her period is getting very late. Pls tell me fast.
My grandma has it body pain ever time what should I do she takes so many medicine but not working what should I do for it?
Diabetes is not a disease. It is an imbalance of blood glucose. Means our blood has more glucose than what our body needs. Our body cells are rejecting to take more glucose from the blood, because they are already full.
Why Diabetes is good?
What will happen if this system doesn’t work? We will keep on consuming glucose rich foods and having higher & higher glucose in our body cells, which will result in ever-increasing weight and causing many other disorders.
This does not mean that Diabetes is good for ever.
Once we have known that we have more glucose, we must control it. Else it will lead to so many diseases. It is like when fuel tank of our vehicle is full, we cannot keep on filling fuel. Either we must run the vehicle or stop putting fuel. In other words, putting fuel only as much as required to run the vehicle. Fuel tank has a limited capacity. But our body has expandable tank. We can add very high weight if this excess glucose signalling called Diabetes does not work. In many people it does not, despite very high glucose intake and they keep on gaining weight. Glucose is a sugar & is present in many foods that we eat.
What should diabetics do?
- Increase physical activity - this will burn excess glucose in the body cells. Atleast 30 mins of physical activity is a must.
- Reduce glucose rich foods - glucose is the body fuel, but only as much as required. A diabetic must consume foods with less amount of, and slow releasing glucose. These are called foods with low 'glycemic index'. All natural foods like vegetables, fuits, legumes & nuts are low GI foods.
WHAT IS THE QUANTITY OF KARELA Juice to be taken daily and when. Any side effect. Is it good for a 80 years old person.
Penis sensitivity is something most men simply take for granted. They know that when their penis is touched and stroked (whether by a partner or by themselves), their body experiences the tremendous sensations that make sex so exciting and enjoyable. Clearly, penis sensitivity is crucial for a man's sex life and he will want to be sure he maintains excellent penis health in order to help maintain a proper level of penis sensation. And it may be that some surprising factors - such as diet - can have an impact in this area.
- Why is the penis so prone to extreme sensations anyway? For the same reason that any part of the body demonstrates a tendency to react to stimulation: nerves. The neural network runs throughout the body. Nerve endings are near the surface of the skin and they pick up stimulation - a touch on the arm, a kick in the pants, a stroking of the penis - and send a signal back to the brain that something is going on. The brain sends a signal back so that a man turns around to the touch on the arm, yells "Ouch" to the kick in the pants, and sighs and moans at the stroking of the penis.
- The penis tends to have many more nerve endings per square inch than other parts of the body. Because penis skin is so thin (especially when the penis is erect and the skin is stretched out), those nerve endings are more receptive to stimulation - thus the higher degree of penis sensitivity compared to other parts of the body.
- Because of that sensitivity and the pleasure it affords, men really like to have their penis fondled. Sometimes, though, when a man is in pursuit of orgasm through penile stimulation, he may find himself in situations where the all-important friction is a little too much. Perhaps he is engaging in intercourse without appropriate lubrication or he's furiously masturbating with a grip that is extremely tight. Short term, these activities produce the desired result - a tremendous orgasm - but over time, they may "mute" the degree of sensitivity in the organ. When that happens, there's a somewhat "deadened" sensation that can interfere with a guy's sexual enjoyment.
So why should what a guy eats have any effect on how sensitive his penis is? Basically because what we eat has an effect on all parts of our bodies and lives - including the penis. Research has indicated that diets with vitamins B12 and E, as well as folate, help increase sensitivity all over. So if a man has reduced penis sensitivity, he may want to up his intake of these nutrients.
What foods are good for vitamins B12 and E and folate?
- Lots of dairy products contain B12, as do many kinds of seafood - and liver is especially high in B12. Meanwhile, spinach is a winner for both folate and vitamin E. Folate is also found in many other green vegetables, as well as citrus fruits. And vitamin E is abundant in many nuts (almonds, peanuts, pine nuts) and oils (olive oil, wheat germ oil, etc.), as well as trout and salmon.
- Meanwhile, avoiding fatty foods is good for penis sensitivity. Cholesterol dampens nerve endings, so watch those high-fat foods, especially when eating red meat.
- Diet can help maintain penis sensitivity, but more help may be required. That's where regularly using a first rate penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) comes in handy. Select a crème that contains L carnitine, an amino acid with neuroprotective properties and can help restore loss of sensation. It also helps if the crème contains L-arginine, an ingredient which helps produce the nitric oxide that keeps penis blood vessels open and flowing.
Penis sensitivity can be a delicate balancing act. When a guy tends to lean toward premature ejaculation, it often (though not always) involves a penis sensitivity that is perhaps a little too heightened. But when a dude suffers a diminishment in penis sensitivity, he may find that he has difficulty achieving ejaculation. And perhaps even worse, this may be accompanied by a difficulty in achieving or maintaining an erection in the first place. Thus, it's easy to see why loss of penis sensitivity can be a major penis health concern for a man.
It's sensitive for a reason
There's a reason penis sensitivity tends to be heightened. It's not just because the penis needs to respond to external stimuli in order to achieve penetration. It's because the penis is constructed in such a way as to heighten sensitivity.
When a part of a person's body is touched, brushed or stroked, whatever is touching it comes in contact with nerve endings. These nerve endings very quickly send a message to the brain that something has happened. The brain interprets the message and says, "You've been touched. Respond accordingly" and the person flinches, sighs, moves closer, movers farther away, punches the offending party, etc.
Now, the penis may occupy only a small part of the body (no matter how endowed a man may be), but it's chock-full of highly sensitive nerve endings. They respond to the slightest touch - at least, when the sensitivity level has not been diminished.
Loss of penis sensitivity
So what happens to cause a loss of this sensitivity? There can be a number of factors, including:
- A medical condition. There are some medical conditions which can cause numbness in parts of the body, including the penis. For example, men with diabetes or multiple sclerosis can face this problem.
- Peyronie's disease. Men with a severely bent penis may have Peyronie's disease, in which the significant curvature is due to plaque build-up. This decreases access to the nerve endings that influence sensitivity.
- Cycling. Many men who cycle for extended periods of time experience loss of sensation in the penis. This is due to the pressure put on the penis while cycling.
- Rough handling. Probably the most common cause of diminishment of penis sensitivity comes about when a man's penis is handled too roughly (such as when he has partner sex without sufficient lubrication or masturbates with a too-tight "death grip").
- When the nerve endings do not operate at peak level, a man will not get the stimulation he needs to operate efficiently. Sometimes it may mean he cannot achieve erection, due to lack of "feeling" stimulation. But many other times, he can become erect but has a difficult time achieving enough stimulation to lead to ejaculation, which can be enormously frustrating.
- When the issue is due to cycling or rough handling, giving the penis sufficient rest and recovery time can be a big help. It also pays to make sure that sufficient lubrication is used when having sex and to loosen the grip while masturbating. When the cause is related to a medical condition, working with a doctor to improve management of the condition is recommended.
- Sometimes to regain normal ejaculation and penis sensitivity, it helps to daily apply a first class penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). It is essential that the crème contains L carnitine and vitamin C. The former is a neuroprotective amino acid which helps mitigate damage to delicate penile nerve endings. The former is a vital component of collagen production, which is an aid in erectile tissue. Efforts to improve penis sensitivity can have big benefits.
People suffering from Premature Ejaculation have a problem controlling the timing of ejaculation while engaging in sexual congress. Men with this sexual problem usually look for doctors or clinics which treat Premature Ejaculation instead of trying to understand the physical and psychological factors behind it. Understanding these underlying factors can greatly help in the diagnosis of this serious issue. The safe treatment for this sexual dysfunction involves addressing the root cause of this condition.
Common risk factors
- Worry about sexual performance: Many men experience "performance anxiety" while having sex. They feel that they are not experienced or skillful enough to help their partners have an enjoyable experience. This constant worry can severely affect sexual performance.
- Previous instances of unwanted ejaculation: Men who had disappointing sexual experiences in the past can become obsessed with their shortcomings. These unpleasant memories can interfere with the psychological mechanism of arousal and ejaculation.
- Previous relationships: If the person did not have fulfilling relationships in the past, the chances of suffering from this issue can increase. Men who had abusive spouses or had become involved in complicated divorce proceedings are likely to have performance issues while dealing with their current partner.
- Testosterone imbalance: Testosterone is an important hormone when it comes to developing and maintaining an erection. The testosterone level is at its peak in young adults and then gradually decreases with age, leading to difficulties in sexual performance.
- Thyroid malfunction: Research has shown that Hyperthyroidism is rampant among men suffering from Premature Ejaculation. A hyperactive thyroid reduces testosterone production, thus impairing erectile stamina and sexual pleasure.
- Nerve damage: The penile region is a delicate structure with countless nerve endings. Any damage to the nerve tissue due to an injury can severely affect sexual performance.
- Prostate inflammation: Irritation in the prostate has been shown to have an impact on duration of erection in some men. The symptoms associated with prostate inflammation (such as pain in the groin, difficulty in urination, post-ejaculatory pain, etc.) can degrade the overall sexual experience.
Solution to Premature Ejaculation
While Premature Ejaculation is indeed a serious problem, it responds well to correct treatment and can be resolved in due time. Doctors and specialists of Premature Ejaculation are increasingly relying on natural treatment like Ayurveda and Unani in order to naturally cure this sexual dysfunction. These ancient treatment systems when applied with Yoga therapy can greatly improve sexual performance and help both partners achieve sexual contentment.
To characterize the relation of blood pressure and ED in detail.
A cross-sectional population-based study of 45- to 70-year-old men without previously diagnosed hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, renal disease, or diabetes was conducted from 2005 to 2007 in southwestern Finland. A total of 665 men with at least one cardiovascular risk factor were studied. ED was defined by the five-item International Index of Erectile Function.
We found a U-shaped association between diastolic blood pressure (DBP) and prevalence of ED.
The average age of the study subjects was 56 ± 6 years and 52% had ED. After adjustment for age, cohabitation status, education, fasting plasma glucose level, waist circumference, and prevalence of depressive symptoms, the curve relating DBP to the prevalence of ED was U-shaped with a nadir of DBP 90 mm Hg.
Our findings emphasize the importance of blood pressure measurement in the physical examination of men with ED.
Strengths and Limitations
This was a cross-sectional study, which prevents the evaluation of causality between ED and hypertension. However, this community-based study population is well defined and the anthropologic measurements were made by trained medical staff.
We found a U-shaped correlation between ED and DBP, which confirms the link between ED and hypertension.