Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Back Pain Treatment
Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Chronic Pain Management
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Treatment of Muscle Pain Skeleton System
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Spinal Diseases
Submit a review for Sweta Mumbai Pain ClinicYour feedback matters!
I met with an accident know in my knee there is swelling and the water is influence there saying tat either I have to inject r go fr operation. Am confused wat should I do. Is it advisable fr injections.
Bone loss is a silent condition that occurs over the years as you age. It is a condition when the bones become weak and fragile. Many people may not even know that that they are suffering bone loss until it leads to serious conditions such as Osteoporosis. Bone loss resulting in osteoporosis is more in women than men. It is estimated that one of every three women above 50 years suffers from osteoporosis related fracture.
What causes bone loss?
Bones are made of minerals, calcium, and phosphate. Bones are being constantly destroyed and refoemed within the body. As long as your body balances the process, your bones stay strong and healthy. However when the bone decay out grows the bone formation process, bone loss and a host of other problems occur. Some of the common causes bone loss are:
- With growing age, the body starts to reabsorb phosphate and calcium instead of keeping it in the bones. This makes the bones weak. When the process continues for a long time, it leads to osteoporosis.
- If your diet doesnot contain high calcium foods, then your bones donot get enough calcium.
- Smoking and drinking can make your bones weak.
- Medical conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, chronic kidney disease can cause bone loss.
- Sometimes medicines can also result in bone loss.
What are the symptoms of bone loss?
- Receding gums: Our teeth are connected to the jaw bone and if the jaw starts losing bone then it causes receding of gums. Loss of jaw bone is linked to lower bone mineral density.
- Decreased grip strength: Hand grips strength decreases due to low bone density.
- Weak and brittle fingernails: You may find your fingernails have become weak and brittle.
- Cramps, muscle pain, and joint ache: Pain in muscles and joints are an important indicator of vitamin D deficiency, which is a vital component for healthy bones. Cramps in legs and foot at night are an indicator of deficiency of potassium and calcium in the bones.
- Height loss: This is a common problem that comes with age. But there are other factors that lead to height loss such as poor posture and fractured vertebra. Poor posture can cause bone loss.
- Overall low fitness: If you notice that your overall fitness has declined which includes your balance, muscle strength then you may be suffering from bone loss.
Can homeopathy treat osteoporosis?
Homeopathy has the most effective and holistic approach to treat osteoporosis. Homeopathy doesn’t intend to cure bone loss, instead, it tries to treat the underlying health condition that leads to osteoporosis. Consult a homeopath online. Some of the important homeopathy remedies are:
- Calcaria Phos: It is a very effective remedy for osteoporosis It helps in increasing the absorption of calcium from the food. It is a bone builder and creates new cells.
- Calcaria Iod: This is a great remedy to treat loss of bones as well as loss of muscles and fat.
- Alendronate: Alendronate is given to patients suffering from osteoporosis which is caused by steroid treatment. It reduces the release of calcium from the bones to the blood.
- Calcitonin - Salmon: Calcitonin-Salmon is a man-made hormone used to treat osteoporosis.
Spinal cord is a very important part of your body as it renders support to your body. It also gives your body a good posture and thus maintaining a healthy spine is very essential. An unfit spinal cord can lead to various complicated problems.
The following are 5 must do exercises in order to maintain a healthy spine:
- Exercising your core muscles can help you to maintain a fit spine. Your core muscles refer to the muscles of your lower back and your abdominal muscles. These muscles give support to your spine. So exercising them can give you a healthy spine.
- Walking regularly can also give you a healthy spine. It is suitable for people of all age groups. Daily walking can help you to recover from various spinal illnesses as well such as spinal stenosis.
- Swimming is also a good exercise for maintaing a fit spinal cord. Swimming helps to exercise all back muscles and thus, gives you a healthy spinal cord.
- Lying down straight with your face down on an even and firm surface for about twenty minutes can help you to get a healthy spine and also a good body posture.
- Cycling can also help you achieve a healthy spine. While cycling, all your back muscles and the muscles of the lower part of your body are engaged in physical activity. If the muscles of your lower back are strong, then it can help you to keep your spine fit.
Other than these exercises, stretching your limbs and other stretching exercises are also beneficial for a healthy spine. But it is highly recommended for you to consult a doctor before doing any exercise in order to be guided in the proper manner and avoid further complications.
I am from mumbai age 25. Yesterday when I woke up I feel gaat below my stomach. On waistline. What will I do. Is it because of wrong sleeping position or any others reasons.
Any chiropractor available nearby? Full body adjustment required as pain is felt in lower back when sitting for too long in same position.
I have back pain especially lower part of back bone. I think it might be slip disc problem I'm not conform.
I am a male aged 63 and suffering from COPD. Before the onset of the disease I weighed 60 Kgs. But today I weigh only 45 Kgs. Please help me to gain some weight.
Hello Doctor. Main pahle smoking karta tha. To mere chest main pain hota tha. Aur ab maine karib 2 years se smoking karna chod diya hai. Phir bhi kabhi kabhi dard hota hai. Maine ek doctor ko dikhaya tha to doctor bol rhe hai ki lung problem hai. Kuch medicine diye the US se kuch bhi thik nahi hua. Pls suggest me some medicines for me. I am so depressed about my life.
Mere Nabhi key left main upar side Ko Dard ho Raha hai Kafe din se ye Kaya ho Sakta hai jaise kuch chubhta hai. ultra sound main kuch nahin Aya hai.
I have a problem of loose stools in morning and when I have something heavy in my breakfast or milk instantly I got a feeling of bloating. This condition is may be because I have eaten 9 raw eggs at a time. I don't have any weight loss. But I won't be able to drink milk that I want to. Anyggestions will be appreciated.
I'm suffering from left foot pain due to fall of 2 wheeler. Consulted doc got an x-ray he said it's TENDO ACHILLES AND TIBIALIS ANTERIOR TENDINITIS. Gave tab for 5 days. But pain still continues when I walk and all.
So sir. No further needs of HIV test again .if lymph nodes changes are there day by day and persistent. Can these 9 week ag/ab combo HIV test and DNA test is conclusive? Why many says for 3 months sir? These all lymph nodes occur after 5th week of colonoscopy which I surely felt was not sterlised and something infection going wrong in my body. Lymph nodes in neck are less than 1 cm.in groin and back of neck also. But 4 combo test neg. Till 9 week. Very confused and tensed.
Hi sir/mam my sister has eaten small stones and from wall and mud but she is 21 years old so I just want to ask you what can be happen to my sister is this any disease or something else. Everyone saying it is due to lack of vitamin. Sir reply i'm waiting.
I am suffering of foot pain. When we go to Race after than the race my foot pain is Start. I am suffering from last one week .so please concerns what should I do.
Muscle pain is common to both men and women irrespective of their age. People usually resort to painkillers in order to receive temporary relief, but taking too much of these can affect your health adversely. Ayurveda provides effective ways to heal muscle pain.
The following few ways to treat muscle pain can be taken into notice:
1. Regular exercise- Regular exercise can help you treat muscle pain. Yoga can prove to be very helpful. You may try lotus pose, cobra pose, boat pose among many others to get relief from muscle pain.
2. Panchakarma- Panchakarma is a therapeutic treatment, which can help you heal your muscle pain. It includes five steps vamana, virechana, nasya, basti, raktamokshana, which will clean your body and mind from toxins and can also offer relief from pain.
3. Abhyanga-This process is suggested in ayurveda to offer relief from muscular pain. It involves applying oil all over your body followed by a warm bath.
5. Use of ice cubes- Applying ice cubes over the area of muscle pain can help you get some relief.
6. Foods to avoid- Avoiding food items like curd, sugar, refined cereal, rice, potato and sour food can help you to reduce muscle pain.
7. Ayurvedic Herbs- Ayurveda also offers many herbs, which can help you find relief from your muscle pain.
Arthritis is a common musculoskeletal condition that affects elderly men and women. Joint pain, stiffness and inflammation are the most common symptoms of this condition. This pain can get so bad as to affect your movement and leave you unable to do simple things like walking up stairs or even simply turning a doorknob.
Arthritis cannot be reversed but with medication and a few lifestyle changes, your quality of life can be improved.
- Exercise and weight loss: Though it is difficult to do, losing weight can help relieve the pain of arthritis. This takes the pressure off your joints and increases the range of possible motions. Though exercising may be the last thing you want to do, it can help increase your flexibility and help strengthen your muscles. Aerobics, stretching and strength training are ideal for arthritic patients.
- Assistive devices: Arthritis can make a person knock kneed or bow legged. Wearing unloading braces, shoe inserts or walking with a cane or shoe inserts can help redistribute your weight and take the pressure of your joints. It can also help relieve pain and prevent arthritis from worsening.
- Eating right: Some types of food can worsen arthritic symptoms. This includes processed foods like white flour and sugar, yeast, chemical additives, gluten, hydrogenated and trans fats, milk products, caffeine, alcohol and tobacco. Hence, avoid consuming these foods and instead have a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grain. You could also try alkaline foods like green leafy vegetables, wheatgrass and aloe vera.
- Massage therapy: A massage not only de-stresses the body, but can also relieve muscle and joint pain by improving blood circulation. Massages also help break up muscular waste deposits and increase the amount of oxygen circulated in the body. This helps transport nutrients to tissues and carries toxins away. Ideally, an arthritic patient should have a massage 2-3 times a week in the beginning and at least twice a month once the condition has stabilised.
- Supplements: Along with eating healthy, including a few supplements in your daily diet can also help alleviate arthritic symptoms. When it comes to rheumatic arthritis; the anti-inflammatory properties of vitamin C help fight arthritis by promoting bone and cartilage growth and reducing infection. Fish oil is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that help reduce inflammation, Vitamin D is another supplement that helps relieve arthritic pain by helping the bones absorb calcium faster and preventing further loss of cartilage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.