Submit a review for Sleep Disorders ClinicYour feedback matters!
What is the reason for frequent deep sleep? When I fall asleep, I feel like shok in my neck during sleeping. Once I go to sleep, I can not wake up after doing many other efforts. Please tell me the solution from I Can Manage my Life Rightly.
I am working from home frm last 4 years. mostly I do night shift. So its tough to sleep in night when I do not have shift. please suggest.
Do you know one night’s bad sleep is enough to make adults age faster as they lack sleep which directly impacts the biological aging of the body? According to scientific findings, sleep deprivation boosts the molecular processes involved in growing older -- may be connected to a greater risk of diseases.
So if you’re following a bad sleep routine or finding difficulty in sleeping adequately and efficiently every night:
Develop your biological clock for sleeping: The first step to beat bad sleeping habit and even insomnia is to develop your biological clock. Initially, if you cannot sleep on time, then at least set your wake up time same each day. Develop this routine every day and avoid temptations like sleeping late on weekends even if you have had poor sleep during the week. Such temptations further disrupt the sleeping clock of the body and put a person on vicious circle of bad sleep routine.
Do not eat or drink right before going to bed. Eating a late dinner or snacking before going to bed can activate the digestive system and keep you up. If you suffer from gastroesophageal reflux or heartburn, it is even more important to avoid eating and drinking right before bed since this can make your symptoms worse. In addition, drinking a lot of fluids prior to bed can overwhelm the bladder, requiring frequent visits to the washroom that can eventually disturb your sleep.
Allot a specific time to plan your next day: Generally, people have the tendency to think about the incidences that have happened today and keep worrying about tomorrow when they put their head on a pillow. Avoid doing it by allocating a dedicated time, perhaps next day morning to review yesterday and to plan for today. Remember at end of the day, human brain reaches it maximum exhaustion level and the brain’s possibility to find the solution is weakest whereas converting worries is at its peak.
Reduce stress If you find yourself too stressed when you put your head on the pillow then it’s a good practice breathing exercises and meditation before going to bed. Even playing melodious music is good that can reduce your stress levels too and help you to get a sound sleep.
Put your mobile phone in an airplane mode before you go to sleep: A major reason for a lot of people to suffer sleep deprivation and insomnia in today’s time is their habit to play with their smartphones, texting, chatting or checking Facebook updates in bed.
What are the side effects and bad effects of sleeping in ac room? How does air conditioner damage our cells? Please give a detailed answer.
For a Perfect & Better Health, & To stay Healthy, How many Hours Sleep a person have? Whats the perfect timing for sleep or duration for sleep? Also please suggest some tips about Deep Sleep! Thank you.
Hello, At present days, I am facing a new problem from last 2-3 days. I want to sleep at night but I am going to be fail everyday. Now, I decided to sleep at afternoon and I failed again. Yes, its true, I am little bit tensed about my job nowadays. But why this is going on all of a sudden. Please please help me out from this. I want to sleep but I am facing these issues. Please tell, what I should do. I am dieing.
Sir, I am preparing for CA final exam and I am sleeping only 3 hours a day will it will effect to my health I am doing it from 3 months.
My father Has A Problem Of sleeping. He sleeps when doing work, even. When driving he slept for a moment. Its a major problem.
I am of 20 years aged. Do sleeping afternoon healths good for a student if yes at may I know the timings please.
Dear Doctor, I am under tense since there are some lumps in my brain (right rear side) near right ear from the top portion of ear till bottom portion of ear where head hair ends. There is no pain and it has since several years. When I consulted doctor, he said it is waste fat and nothing to worry. But it is sensitive area where there is brain, I am scared of brain tumour. Please advise me what it must be?
Sir I think that I am ill BT report says that I am fine When ever any one talk about any doses then I started thinking about that and due to which I don't sleep. I am trouble of this.
Sir I have problem of sleep. I tried to sleep BuT due to extra thinking I don't sleep in night. I don't feel hungry and tiredness always feel. When I thing that my chest pain then it's started Slow pain but when I am busy in another work then it not pain. I test my blood for CBC and tsh test by report is normal .as the day pass I feel more tension regarded to health. Please help me sir.
Sir/mam From past few days I can't sleep in night times up to 3 or 4 AM I don't no what happens that makes me uninterested to study in day times ,this is my exam times I am feeling very struggle and disturb due to this?
Sir, I have lymphoma nodes in hole my body and it size is day by day increase .pl suggest me how I can can control it?
During night I lie on bed it take two to three hours to fall sleepy I don't no why. Is drinking glass of warm water before bed is the reason because it is recommended me by doctor to me to take Triphala churns with warm water at bed time good for digestion Then what should be the reason. Aslo I want to Know right time for face and body massage with hot oil/lotion/ or cream. I really confused.
I am feeling a small lymph under my right armpit. My age 40 yes old after touching it I feel that some mild pain. I am fearing about it, is it cancer or otherwise. If any treatment is required which kind of doctor?
One day I am slept in my room and other I slept in other room does it effect my sleep my changing the room day by day?
I can't sleep at night I thinks I have sleep problem .and I also have pain in my body when I wake up in morning.
Are you suffering from sleeplessness or disturbed and disrupted sleep? According to Ayurvedic principles, proper sleep, along with a proper diet, and a proper utilization of energy is very important for you to maintain good health. There are several practical Ayurvedic health principles, which can help you sleep better, and boost your body immunity. You can opt to follow these Ayurvedic principles for improving your sleep.
- Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule: You must be very disciplined about your sleep. It has been observed that the mind is stable, dull, and slow from 6pm to 10pm, which is a good time for going to sleep Therefore, try to sleep early, which will enable you to get a good sleep throughout the night, and get up fresh early in the morning next day.
- Mindful eating: You should have an early dinner, between 6:30pm to 7pm. As the sun starts setting, your digestive fire cools down. Hence, by eating a light early meal, your digestion will be improved. This positively impacts your sleep quality as well. Avoid watching television, reading books, or having conversations while you eat. You should concentrate solely on the food you eat and enjoy the various textures, aromas, and flavors of it.
- Oil massage: Oil massage therapy is considered to be very important according to Ayurveda. Oil massages on your feet will help in improving your sleep. There are several nerve endings present in your feet, which get nourished by an oil massage. Massaging relieves stress, makes you feel relaxed, improves your blood circulation, and improves your sleep as a result of all this. You should keep herbal oils with you and get regular foot massages.
- Pranayama: Pranayama is important according to Ayurvedic principles for improving the quality of your sleep. Every day, you should practice a few rounds of alternate nostril breathing known as Nadi Shodhana Pranayama. This is excellent for your mind and helps in calming down your nervous system. As a result, you get a better and deeper sleep.
- Practice self compassion: Ayurveda states that your wellness and health depends largely on a proper balance between the mind, body, and soul. Some people make us feel charged up and positive after talking to them, while some people drain us emotionally and leave us annoyed. You should avoid the negative vibes and stay in a positive environment. Be mindful about who you speak to before going to sleep. It is recommended that you turn off your cell phone, computer, television, and social media activity at least two hours before going to sleep.
Exercise regularly in order to keep fit and physically healthy, as a healthy body leads to a healthy mind. This is essential for an improved sleep. Also avoid consuming caffeine, and any form of stimulant, especially after 3pm.